“Harry Potter - Fabulous Broom Ride experience!”

Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Leavesden
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Warner Bros. Studio Tour London is a behind-the-scenes walking tour which immerses guests into the world of film-making. The tour features authentic sets, costumes and props that showcase the British artistry, technology and talent that goes into producing world famous and successful movies, created at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden. The Studio Tour will initially focus on the Harry Potter film series which has made the Studios its home for over 10 years.
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Top Destination, although strictly Greater London (more like Watford.) Stayed at nearby Holiday Inn at Hemel Hempstead which was very good value. But that was nothing compared to the Studio Tour. Having visited many attractions around London recently, this was by far the best value for money venue. Loved It. Would I go again - YES!
The highlight was the Ron Weasley's Flying Ford Anglia and the Broom ride through London to Hogwarts school. My only crititism regarding the overall experience was the Broom ride. The experience felt good but I was disappointed to be only able to buy a photograph when I would have happily paid for a DVD or memory stick to record the experience. The photos were a bit of a anti-climax, but I bought them anyway.
Have a Great Time when you go - and book well in advance to get a good time slot.

11  Thank 4CornishTravellers
Write a ReviewReviews (34,045)
All reviews
in 941 reviews
"we spent hours"
in 466 reviews

Reviewed 7 April 2013

Absolutely loved the Harry potter tour didn't feel rushed could of spent more time than we did there.our girls 8 and 10 thought it was fantastic and was so excited to see how the films were made lots of smiling had by all

Reviewed 7 April 2013

This is a wonderful studio tour.Very disney like in its approach (all the better for it as it is uk based) and defenitely worth a visit.
We were pleasantly suprised and enjoyed every moment.The time flew by as we explored the sets and took part in the photo opportunities available.
Do not miss this excellent adventure !

1  Thank Jan_Arnold
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We visited in the Easter Holidays on a morning tour. My girls are aged 10 & 7 and found the whole day amazing.
We decided to rent some handheld devices for the girls which we found very beneficial as there is a lot of information to take in and listening to Tom Felton providing little extra bits of information was great for them.
The whole day was awe inspiring from the Great Hall to the tiny size of Harry's dormitory to the work involved in all the hand paintings to the incredible work in the creatures department...and then of course the grand finale of Hogwarts Castle.
Yes it was £85 to get in for four of us...but we loved every minute and would probably go again. Gift shop a little pricey....which simply prevented us from buying very much. Warner Bros loss. If they reduced their prices......they would be onto a winner.

4  Thank Mandp40
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We got the digital tour, guide book ticket and that was really worthwhile. I wish I had realised that there were more titbits to see/listen to on my digital tour, which would have been revealed if I had scrolled down - but thought the end was the end of the screen. A prompt on the device would have ensured I did the lot. Why? well because the content was great.
Diagon alley would have been even better if it was the shop for the experience. Each shop taking on an area of sales - wands in Ollivanders, clothes in the right shop, books and stationary in their shop, toy animals in the pet shop, the Weasley joke games etc, real ice cream in the shop, the apocathery could have had bubble baths in potions bottes -use your imagination, the whole range of goods in right places. Tills at the exit rather than in each shop - just like in the big overcrowded shop area - but would have made a quality experience. Also butterbeer is very sweet. Could there be a tarter version? Why not have the pub outside instead of a stall? Again, there is space at the site and the crowd would go with it I am sure!
I would love to be a marketing person working here. Someone has made a brilliant start. I would have bought copies of the portraits to hang in my house and some of the other art work. the range that you could buy at the shop was very disappointing. Also the jewellery was good quality and therefore high prices. Some children would love to buy a cheap version.
You must go - a wonderful day. Some good surprises too so not to much detail here.

2  Thank Sue B

Travellers who viewed Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter also viewed

Been to Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter? Share your experiences!