Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter
Experience for Yourself
More Info
US$91.84*
and up
Warner Bros. Studio: The Making of Harry Potter with Luxury Round-Trip...
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Leavesden
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Warner Bros. Studio Tour London is a behind-the-scenes walking tour which immerses guests into the world of film-making. The tour features authentic sets, costumes and props that showcase the British artistry, technology and talent that goes into producing world famous and successful movies, created at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden. The Studio Tour will initially focus on the Harry Potter film series which has made the Studios its home for over 10 years.
Manchester
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Excellent day out.”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I was really looking forward to this trip and have to say it exceed my expectations. The set's are astonishing and everything is well organised and interesting.
The photo opportunities are endless and each tun reveals another surprise. It was a great time to visit as the main area has a giant Christmas tree and the Hogwart's castle is covered in snow. Yes it's pricey for drinks and snacks but show me an attraction that isn't.
I loved Daigon Alley and it felt so real to walk down, the model of the castle is breathtaking and the atmosphere was fantastic.
The gift shop has lots of stuff and obviously all aimed at draining the last of your money. I would recommend this trip to anyone with an Interest in Harry Potter and am glad the films are being shown again over the next few weeks.

• Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Memorabilia Museum rather than "step inside and discover the magic of HP world"”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

"Hogwarts at Christmas" is been advertised like the ultimate Christmas experience for HP fans and to be honest, I have mix thoughts about the whole thing. The Great Hall was nicely done, although we were asked to leave after about 10min due to the next group of visitors coming up. Diagon Alley wasn't really 'christmassy' at all but the snowy Hogwarts castle model was sublime (the atmosphere was just fantastic).
I would say, a true HP fan would love it as everything from the original set of the movies can be found! Costumes, sceneries and more. BUT if you're going with your kiddos (under 8's)... Is a whole another story. I just felt bad having to tell my son every five minutes not to touch anything. How you explain it? "wow! can I seat on the common room mom?!?", "no, sorry darling that's too precious". It would be perfect if they had a section of "fake" stuff for them to play with. I understand the price reflects the fact that everything is original, but also, charging kids over 4y.o. is a bit of a nonsense when they can't do anything but watch (older kids would probably enjoy it) and let's be honest, the marketing of the place makes it look like a totally child-friendly experience, which I don't see it as.
Hats off to the Art department section where original sketches, draws, paints, models can be found.
The outside area is nice but you could do so much more with it! If you're just going to sell unhealthy stuff, go onboard and make a Honeydukes stand or something amazing instead of the soft icecream and hot dog/butterbeer little kiosks.

2 Thank Ibbuk
wbstudiotour, Manager at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about your visit.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed many aspects of the attraction, but disappointed to hear that it did not entirely meet your expectations.

We make every effort to create an experience for visitors of all ages, including young children. Part of this is offering a free passport to all children so that they can collect various stamps around the Studio Tour, as well as finding a number of golden snitches. Our green screen experience is also extremely popular with children and gives them an interactive experience of riding a broomstick and driving the Ford Anglia flying car (as the cast would have done during filming).

Thank you for your suggestion of changing the backlot area with regards to the refreshment stand. Your comments have been forwarded on to our Visitor Experience Manager and Catering Manager for their consideration.

We do hope that, despite these things, you and your family enjoyed the Studio Tour and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Prince Albert, Canada
101 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Magical. Truly magical”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

There aren't words to describe this. As a big Harry Potter fan, it was incredible to see the sets, props, costumes and filming facts and locations. So well done and set up. I even had Butterbeer!

It was all done up for Christmas too.

Half of me feels like I have some closure to the Harry Potter saga now ... But the other half feels like I've been to Hogwarts and now that I'm gone, I'm missing the magic more than ever!

Highly highly recommend.

Stowmarket, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“You must see this place... The magic still exists!”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I visited here with me and my husband, after a long time of me nagging wanting to come here. I was not disappointed.
More helpful friendly staff you could shack a stick at (or wand maybe ;). Very large double decker buses kept turning up with people and you could really see this was a international attraction with many sorts of people there, all wanting to be in the same magic wizarding world.
Anyways, after getting in a small queue everyone then walks into a room together and the tour starts.... This is the only part you are in a large group really, then you get to roam around everywhere as much as you like.
I decided to get the extra option of having headphones so I could get extra information while I walked around. Personally I didn't really listen to a lot of it as it is kind of antisocial (it an iPod player that you can listen/watch media for each area of the tour ) ... It's like watching the extras on a DVD really. Better suited if you don't fancy convo that day with anyone. I still loved the option of this though.
Take as many photos as you wish! I took too many and wish I really took the scenes in more now. My excitement took over I think.
My new love was also found... "Butterbeer". We visited on a cold day and this warm sweet smooth drink was delightful. If it was alcoholic and ready available in shop I'd probably have a drinking problem with a very round plump belly from all the calories! Personally, I loved it. The food is pricey but seems like the typical tourist price tag you get from something by warner bros studios. Maybe I'd like a 'Butterbeer' beer tent for a bit more coverage as was cold outside.
The souvenirs are expensive, so unless you want to part with a few pennies just cherish the memories (that just it on my budget lol). Someone dropped something in the shop when I was there and you could see everyone's face cringe with thinking of the prices! Lol.
Attention to detail is amazing and to see the sheer hard work and love put into everything. Truely spelling binding for a fan like me, but I'm sure for the ones who get dragged along you'll think it "alright too"... While secretly thinking wwwwoooowwww! ;) unless their a bit of a 'Vernon Dursley type' then best leave them at home. (We all know one) x

Visited September 2013
Watford, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“harry potter studio tour”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

from the moment you walk through the main door you are totally taken in with every thing to do with the movie and how the special effects was put together it's well worth going even if you are not a true fan

1 Thank jay4371

Travellers who viewed Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter also viewed

Been to Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter? Share your experiences!