“Really enjoyed the whole experience”

Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Leavesden
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Warner Bros. Studio Tour London is a behind-the-scenes walking tour which immerses guests into the world of film-making. The tour features authentic sets, costumes and props that showcase the British artistry, technology and talent that goes into producing world famous and successful movies, created at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden. The Studio Tour will initially focus on the Harry Potter film series which has made the Studios its home for over 10 years.
Leicester, United Kingdom
158 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 269 helpful votes
“Really enjoyed the whole experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Went to the Harry Potter studios this Saturday just gone and was really surprised how much we enjoyed the experience. We drove from Leicester and the sat nav took us to the area we needed and followed the excellent signs showing us where to go. We were directed to the parking spot.

Went to collect the tickets and then went inside, whilst taking lots of pictures. Went with my 3 cousins 12-15 and they were so excited. We went into the gift shop to have a browse and there was such an amazing selection of things to buy, everything you can imagine or dream of (apart from a dobby teddy bear)

We waited in the queue and did not have to wait too long. We went inside and watched the short movie which was nice and the screen went up, what a surprise!

The activities inside the studios were great too. They all had a child’s passport each which they enjoyed getting the stamps.

The outside area was a nice surprise and seeing the houses and trying the famous butter beer (not to my liking - £2.95 for a very small glass)

The staff here are so lovely and the best customer service skills I have ever experienced, even better than at the Ritz! The person who trained them or leads them has done a fantastic job and should show other places how it’s done; every single staff member was just so nice and friendly. Genuine smiles and overall go over and beyond helping you.

Only negative but not a negative if that makes sense are the prices of the items in the gift shop, very high but an experience. We had a laugh trying the different jelly beans on the drive home, almost vomited trying the vomit flavour jelly bean!!

Overall we paid £89 for a family of four, and well worth it. Would highly recommend for the Harry Potter fans. I would not go again to be honest as it was an experience once doing. We spent around 4 hours all together including sitting down for lunch.

Visited June 2014

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Simply amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

My daughter who is 19 and a Harry Potter fanatic wanted to go on the studio for for years.. We surprised her one day by just showing up at the studios.. She cried.. Well see cried most of the day.. But considering I also love Harry Potter, yet my husband and son can take it or leave it, the whole experience say a huge success for the entire family.. Each of us absolutely loved it and we can't wait to go back.. From the moment we arrived until we left everything was seamless.... I would recommend it to all...

Visited June 2014
1 Thank JaneESmith
Norwich
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic place but very expensive shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I must admit I'm not a huge fan of the Harry potter franchise but this is an experience to see how everything was made and created, you will be amazed with literally every detail that they put in to make the films. Really awesome place.

The only downside is that the place is very expensive which includes the food,drinks and souvenirs. Not one single souvenirs was under £5 a key cost over £5 and for food and drink £2 above and a hotdog being £5!

1 Thank Boylo666
Uppsala, Sweden
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A must visit for a Harry Potter fan!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

If you like/love Harry Potter, and read all books/seen all the movies, this is a must place to go to while visiting London! You will absolutely enjoy yourself. I am 23 years old - soon to be 24 - and when I got there I turned into my 10 year old self again, and was thrilled and so happy to be there! It was a true bliss for me, and I did really enjoy myself there!

Visited April 2014
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Good but very pricey!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Visited here with a friedn during May of 2014, we were very impressed with the content and the exhibits - there are lots of interesting things to look at like the props, costumes and also some of the behind the scenes bits which we thought was great. Most of the attraction is indoors however there is a small area outside where the triple decker bus is and you can even buy butterbeer which is a novelty i suppose although didnt taste how it was described in the books and films at all. The main down side of the whole experience is how much things like drinks, food and souveniers costs - being fans of Harry Potter myself and my friend really wanted to buy something to take home with us to remember the day by but items in the gift shop were just so expensive we didnt bother which was a shame, even items like magnets were about £10 there was nothing cheap to remember your day by. We did choose the upgraded entry option so that we had a guide book souvenier and also an audio tour - the book is great but the audio tour wasnt really worthwhile and we switched ours off after 5 minutes. Top tip if taking kids - give them a budget before you go or else you'll need to remortgage your house but be warned even with budgeting you will still need at least £20 per person to buy something half decent!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lizzy E

Travellers who viewed Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter also viewed

Been to Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter? Share your experiences!