“A Must See for Any Harry Potter Fan Visiting London”

Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter
Book In Advance
More Info
US$93.93*
and up
Warner Bros. Studio: The Making of Harry Potter with Luxury Round-Trip...
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Leavesden
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Warner Bros. Studio Tour London is a behind-the-scenes walking tour which immerses guests into the world of film-making. The tour features authentic sets, costumes and props that showcase the British artistry, technology and talent that goes into producing world famous and successful movies, created at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden. The Studio Tour will initially focus on the Harry Potter film series which has made the Studios its home for over 10 years.
New York City, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“A Must See for Any Harry Potter Fan Visiting London”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I've been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando so I wasn't sure if the studio tour would be as exciting. I must see that I was incredibly impressed with this experience. From the Harry's Cupboard Under the Stairs to the Great Hall to Various Other Sets, Costumes, etc. from the movie, this tour had it all! The attraction is very easy to reach from London and can be completed within a few hours depending on how long you want to spend looking at each part of the tour. To reach the tour, you take the Overground Train to Watford Junction (a stop on many of the lines so choose the one with the shortest travel time). You then pick up the special Harry Potter double decker bus outside the station to get to the Warner Bros. Studio Tour. You must have your ticket to get there on the bus for free, but you do need to pay a few pounds for the return trip on the bus back to the station in advance as you board the bus. You are free to move about on your own after the beginning introduction so the pace is up to you. In the middle of the tour, you have the option to purchase light snacks and butter beer. You can eat this outside before moving on to the second leg of the tour. They also have a restaurant on site that has sandwiches and other items for lunch. In addition, there is also a cafe serving Starbucks coffee. Make sure to buy tickets for the tour in advance since it can sell out. In addition, if you arrive early, see if they will let you in for the tour early. They let us go well before our assigned time.

4 Thank abs628

• Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sugar Land, Texas
“This is a five star experience”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This tour is as good as any of its kind. The collection and the movie scenery are awesome. The tour guides had an incredible knowledge of the subject matter, and the attention to detail makes me want to watch all the movies over again. This is a must see on a family vacation to London.

Dublin, Ireland
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Exceeded expectations!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Firstly, let me say that we were staying in a hotel in the St Paul's area of London so we arranged to go on our trip with Golden Tours (as per the Warner Bros studios website) which I highly recommend!! This was a really safe and stress free way of getting to the attraction, ensuring we didn't miss our time slots. The time allowance they give you to spend at the attraction is absolutely ideal, I wouldn't recommend any more time but at the same time, use that time to the maximum, don't come back out too early! We used the Victoria stop, we saw Golden Tours reps on the main street so thought this might be where the bus stop was as there are a lot of Tour bus stops here, however they advised us we need to cross the mall to our left to the Golden Tours offices and the bus stopped right beside it. Very easy!

Based on what I saw in the first section of the tour it would be perfectly acceptable to me if the tour had ended there and I thought it had, but suddenly I went through the next set of doors and realised there was even more, and it was even better!!

This tour really is incredible! It's an absolute must for any fan, young or old (I'm 25 by the way) but I think non-fans who like movies will enjoy understanding how the film was made. How the castle is filmed blew my mind!

My top tip would be to take your time in Section 1 as it's definitely the biggest and longest section we rushed it a bit as we didn't know what was ahead of us and were sorry we hadn't spent more time just taking it all in.

There's a starbucks for some well earned drinks after the tour but food wise we were disappointed with what was on offer particularly in terms of snacks and would recommend you bring your own snacks.

There's also a great store so make sure you have your pocket money with you! You can visit it either before or after the tour, after might be better so you don't have to carry extra luggage around. Your legs will be tired after the day!

I took lots of photos but won't post them up here as I don't want to spoil the experience!

Highly recommend!!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Time2Holiday
United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Do Not Miss This If You Are a Harry Potter Fan!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

WOW! WOW! WOW! Had a FANTASTIC time. This museum of the making of the films has thought of everything. You can come as a family, a tour group, or by yourself... drive or come on the Harry Potter bus from London. Either way, they have organized this experience to be very magical. The museum can accommodate people with mobility issues and/or developmental disabilities. The refreshments and outdoor area are at exactly the right spot on the tour. There are plenty of places to sit and rest. Even the women's toilet's didn't have a queue! Everyone can see the exhibits..it's not like other museums where you have to strain to see the most popular exhibits. The timed tickets are wonderful as it controls the number of people in the exhibits. If you arrive early just go to the gift shop or cafe. In fact go the gift shop early to buy your treasures then drop them off at coat check and go on the tour. I suggest you pick a time early in the day for your tour. The later you go the more likely it is that more people will be in the museum. Even though tou can stay as long as you like for most exhibits, it never seemed to be overcrowded. You can take pictures of just about everything, so bring your best camera and plan to take some great family photos! If you go earlier in the day for most exhibits you can get pictures without people in them! Suggest that you wait in the queue for the broom or flying car video and spend the money on the video and pictures for a wonderful memory. Did I say that the employees are extremely helpful and very nice? Met a man and a woman there who worked on the film making brooms! Very interesting speaking with them about their involvement in the films. Fascinating! Do not miss doing this if you are in England and are a fan of the movies!

4 attraction reviews
“It is amazing that most of the sights in the film are displayed in front of me.”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Walked along the Diagon alley, I really got the feeling of being a Widzard. I enjoyed every part of the studio and hope if I could visit it again in the future. The butter beer is very tasty, I recommend everyone to have a try!!! :)

Visited July 2014

Travellers who viewed Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter also viewed

Been to Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter? Share your experiences!