Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter
Book In Advance
More Info
US$91.84*
and up
Warner Bros. Studio: The Making of Harry Potter with Luxury Round-Trip...
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Leavesden
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Warner Bros. Studio Tour London is a behind-the-scenes walking tour which immerses guests into the world of film-making. The tour features authentic sets, costumes and props that showcase the British artistry, technology and talent that goes into producing world famous and successful movies, created at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden. The Studio Tour will initially focus on the Harry Potter film series which has made the Studios its home for over 10 years.
Stanford-Le-Hope, United Kingdom
“17th Birthday Trip”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Our trip to Harry Potter Studio Tour was on Friday 25th July, and it was part of my son's 17th birthday present. My partner is 56 and I am 48 and we are all Harry Potter fans.

The SatNav directions took us to a site about 1/4 of a mile from the studio so we had to find it ourselves. Not hard, but a little stressful when our tour was booked for 15.30, and we thought we were lost at 15.10

Parking is well executed with marshals to guide you to a parking space. This is FREE

On entering the studio there were 100's of people queuing to go in for their tour, and you have to join the queue no sooner than 10 minuets before your time, and you do get in on time.

From the moment you start the tour it is MAGICAL. There is lots of information, and plenty of staff to help or answer ANY questions you have, whether it's about the filmS or things you can buy/do while there.

You can take photographs of ALL the props/creatures/sets pretty much EVERYTHING. You can even get a DVD of you flying a broomstick, we did.

The only reason I did not give Harry Potter World Studio Tour a 5* rating is there was no Platform 9 3/4 or Hogwarts Express, No Leaky Cauldron, or Nocturn Alley, and the prices in the gift shop are well above the means of the average family. Far more tailored to the tourist market. A wand was £25+, a scarf from one of the 4 houses was £23.95, and a key ring £5.95
We did buy a few little things as mementos, but most of what we would have liked was just too expensive.

It is truly magical, and we will be going back again, hopefully at Christmas time.

I would recommend it for any Harry Potter fan, and even for those of you who are not, as the sets and props are to be seen to be believed.

We loved it.

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Absolutely worth the money”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We booked it a few weeks in advance online and took the bus from the Victoria Coach station. the entire experience was truly magical. no other way to describe it. would make an awesome birthday present or just a fun activity but definitely worth the time and money. good for all ages above 6 or 7 i would say, it's 2 big rooms, a little outdoor area, and another few rooms to walk through!

Visited February 2014
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“Magical! (Cliche I know)”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Such a fun family outing! Although I was assuming it would be an actual guided tour the whole way round the way the sets/ costumes/ models ect were arranged made it really easy to just follow the attractions round in a big loop. And I'm not exaggerating, if you are a real Harry Potter fan it is truly amazing! The sets were my favourite! Inevitably the 'tour' ends up in the gift shop (typical) and is extremely expensive, so if you're planning to buy you need to prepare to fork out! All I bought was the official guide book for something like £10 I think... but all in all, I would go again, there's so much to see/ read and study! My only complaint would be that I thought we were getting a proper tour round in a buggie or gold cart type thing, not just wandering round... but still loved it and came out happppy!

Durham, United Kingdom
396 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 264 helpful votes
“A really fantastic experience, even if it's seriously overpriced.”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I really enjoyed my visit here. You can see many of the sets, take a walk down Diagon Alley, and see many of the film props all at a leisurely pace. Took us around four hours to get around and we were never bored. Tried some butterbeer, which is essentially cream soda with whipped cream on top. My kids had photos and a video done on a broomstick, but we balked at the cost of the video which is scandously expensive. At least they let you take personal photos in most areas. They also enjoyed the wand lessons. The shop was overpriced and did not really buy anything as most things were cheaper online; the free wifi made a comparison easy. Even though we enjoyed our visit still think it is overpriced at nearly £100 for a family of four, but I was pleased we made the trip. We booked the visit a month in advance, which was just as well as there was even then limited slots available and, by the time we visited, they were sold out. I feel sorry for those that make the trip but did not get their tickets in advance. There was no chance of getting in.

1 Thank durham05
Doncaster, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“very enjoyable attraction”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Love Harry Potter books & films so this visit was really enjoyable. Knowledgeable staff helped too. Takes about 3-4 hrs to go round. Have to carry your food round with you unless you buy there as once in, you can't come out & go back in as one way round. Beware, gift shops are always expensive at these places but this one seems really pricey!!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Julie M

Travellers who viewed Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter also viewed

Been to Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter? Share your experiences!