Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter
Book In Advance
More Info
US$91.94*
and up
Warner Bros. Studio: The Making of Harry Potter with Luxury Round-Trip...
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Leavesden
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Warner Bros. Studio Tour London is a behind-the-scenes walking tour which immerses guests into the world of film-making. The tour features authentic sets, costumes and props that showcase the British artistry, technology and talent that goes into producing world famous and successful movies, created at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden. The Studio Tour will initially focus on the Harry Potter film series which has made the Studios its home for over 10 years.
Leicestershire
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Spectacular”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

A friend bought me this trip for my 50th birthday as I have been a huge fan of the Harry Potter stories since they were first published. The whole experience is spectacular and so well organised, from parking cars to staggered entry times (although it was still busy), the enthusiasm of the staff for their job and the experience itself. In particular, you must save time for the model of Hogwarts at the end. I say "model", it fills a huge room and the quality and detail of it is breathtaking. Extra bits like being able to fly a broom in front of a green screen and see your image on a screen as if you are part of the film, ditto flying the Ford Anglia. The only disappointment there was the cost of buying the stills and DVD afterwards, ranging from £12 for one photo to £40 to include the DVD. I'm sure if it were lower they would sell more? Photo opportunities on Hagrid's motorbike and sidecar great fun too. The info on the detail that went into making the films was mind boggling. 4000 people were involved in the making of the films (and each person has their name on a wand in Olivanders) and you can see all the detailed drawings and sketches, the animatronic animals and heads, hear about the techniques used. Would highly recommend. The cafe was well priced and nice fresh food, but the screens showing choices should move a bit slower, or, have the menus elsewhere. The only criticism I have of the whole event (and the reason why it didn't get an Excellent score) is the prices in the gift show. £8 for a single chocolate frog, £70 for a jumper like the one Mrs Weasley knitted Harry, but definitely not hand knitted in the shop, £25 for a plastic wand. Really!!!! This aside, fabulous day out and something I would do again because I think that to get the most out of it and read all the information would take at least 5 hours and we only had 3, so, went round quite quickly.

1 Thank DebbieLeicestershire

• Turkish first
Highworth
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Superb but don't stop in the shop!!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Visited with my step daughter and her family.

As a Harry Potter fan (books and films) I was mesmerised. The children loved it as there was plenty to do and see. It is so much more than a homage to Harry potter though - it is an amazing insight into how films are made. The details and effort that went into making the films was incredible. there were lots of little films explaining all the behind the scenes work including videos featuring the directors and main actors. The sets and the models were spectacular and when we were told the longest someone had spent there was 11 hours I wasn't at all surprised. I absolutely loved it and would go back tomorrow as I am sure I missed loads. However the shop was a cynical attempt to part people from their money. The prices were frankly ridiculous with what was often absolute tat with some form of Potter badging being sold for extortionate amounts of money. eg a pint glass made from the cheapest of glass (think milk bottle) with a little crest stamped on it was about £13 replica wands were £25 (they were just moulded bits of resin or plastic) and a bag of sweets that would be pence in a shop were going for about £3. So my advice is go - it's well worth the entrance money of £30 or so. Take your time, drink everything in - have a sit in the flying car, learn how to use a wand, have your picture taken on a broomstick, chat to the enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly staff who really help to give the place a fantastic atmosphere, even squander £3 on a butterbeer (which is just cream soda with cream on top) but unless you have more money than sense avoid the gift shop.

2 Thank birdy49
Bradford
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“No queues, but very pricey gift shop.”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I'm not a Harry Potter fan but took four children as they have seen the films and read the books.

What I really really really liked about the studios was that because they have set tour times you didn't spend any time queuing and with there being limited numbers of people allowed on the tours it meant we got to look around and take photos etc at our own pace. It wasn't overcrowded and we only had to queue for about 20 minutes to take turns on making the video on the flying broomstick on car. Everything else we were able to explore without having to wait.

Negative - shop was very expensive. Chocolate frog was almost 8 pounds!! The wands were £25 each.

cardiff
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Good but not amazing”

Interesting to see.
Disappointed that 3 of 4 digital headsets ran out just after halfway , did inform them said should told member staff , been nice to have been advised before going on it , but we were first tour do would think charged. Kids enjoyed it more for older kids than younger ones.
One visit is enough ! Won't be returning.

1 Thank Sandra P
wbstudiotour, Manager at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter, responded to this review, 30 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent visit. We are pleased to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your time at the Studio Tour.

We are disappointed to hear that your visit did not entirely meet your expectations due to your Digital Guide batteries running out. Our staff members would have been happy to assist you on the day to resolve this for you.

Thank you once again for your feedback, which will help to improve the service we offer our visitors. We have passed your comments on to our senior management team for their review.
Manchester, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Well worth the money, even if you are not a massive Harry Potter fan, as it's just so interesting to see how much detail and effort went into making the sets and props.

The shuttle bus from Watford Junction is a great idea, and it gets you to the tour in no time at all! There are some self service kiosks to get your tickets from, as well as manned desks. The gift shop is very expensive (£7.95 for a chocolate frog, £4.95 for a packet of sweets) and it should be a little cheaper; be prepared to spend a lot of money there.

The tour itself was brilliant. You go into a room and have a quick talk, and then you go to the cinema for a 5 minute film, before being shown round the Great Hall. After that you can go at your own pace, there are staff members dotted around for you to ask any questions.

You can take your own food, but you can only eat it in the outside area, about halfway through the tour. There was a hotdog stand here, as well as a Butterbeer stall. Butterbeer isn't the nicest thing I've ever drank, but at least I can say I've tried it!

The last room you go into left me, and everyone else around me, speechless. Being a huge Harry Potter fan, I actually started crying. I won't spoil it, but prepare yourselves for something breathtaking.

I would definitely recommend going here, it's an experience I won't forget.

1 Thank vickiwithani

Travellers who viewed Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter also viewed

Been to Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter? Share your experiences!