“I'm in the minority but...”

Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Leavesden
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Warner Bros. Studio Tour London is a behind-the-scenes walking tour which immerses guests into the world of film-making. The tour features authentic sets, costumes and props that showcase the British artistry, technology and talent that goes into producing world famous and successful movies, created at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden. The Studio Tour will initially focus on the Harry Potter film series which has made the Studios its home for over 10 years.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

After reading the reviews here I expected to be blown away. In the end I was slightly underwhelmed. Now, I have to say that I'm not a Harry Potter fan but my children wanted to gland they enjoyed it far more than I.

Again in the minority but I found the shop prices to be ok, indeed I enjoyed the shop as much as the tour.

I expected to be in here for ages after the reviews I read and arranged a taxi to come back after 6 hours. Big mistake. We went slowly but were more than finished after 3. I was unhappy that you can't go back to the previous area and I think that would have made it better.

On the positive it wasn't all that busy, the broomstick ride was fun and it was interesting to see how movies are made.

1  Thank B D
wbstudiotour, Manager at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent visit. We are pleased to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your time at the Studio Tour.

Although there is no time limit for a tour, we recommend your visit time will take around 3-4 hours. The Studio Tour is a one-way system to ensure all visitors get the same high quality experience.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We have passed your comments on to our senior management team for their review.

Write a ReviewReviews (32,923)
All reviews
in 972 reviews
"three hours"
in 574 reviews

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I would'nt call myself a die hard Potter fan but I enjoyed the movies, so I went to this place with not too high expectations but WOW. This place is awesome. I only expected to see the odd prop here and there but it literally has everything. The great Hall set is amazing and the Hogwarts Castle is breath taking.

Seeing it all gives you a real appreciation of the work that went into making these films. I've never been to Olrando so I can't really compare it but to see the place it was actually filmed and created has a much larger appeal to me then any theme park.

The staff were extremly friendly and the guides seem to really enjoy their jobs. They were helpful when approached by guests and put themselves out there to make the guest experience the best it can be. Yes it is very overpriced in the gift shop and yes it can be crowded at times but what do you expect.

I can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Jamesc9954
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had a really great day at the The Harry Potter London Tour. Plenty of parking on arrival and the whole organisation is very slick. We'd booked tickets online and sailed through into the tour and only had to queue for about 30 minutes. That wait was totally worth it for the magical experience that was presented to us. The only downside for me was the food on offer during the tour. It was really expensive for a not very nice hotdog but the sandwich was pretty good. The Butterbeer......well I'll let you make your own mind up on that....

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I was very impressed with the studio tour. The whole scene setting of the short movie before and the secret reveal behind the screen was very well done. I won't spoil it for those that haven't been.

It obviously helps if you are a Harry Potter fan, however just seeing one of the movies would be enough to make this a worthwhile trip.

There are well laid out sections showing behind the scenes information about everything from costumes and make-up to the making of giant film sets and the special effects.

Well worth having the digital guide as it explains in short what you are looking at in each section (using a dedicated ipod touch) and if you want allows you to explore information in more depth with video clips and galleries.

The level of detail that you get to see makes you realise why movies cost millions to make and really brings home why a £10 cinema ticket is such good value.