Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter
Book In Advance
US$81.86*
and up
Warner Bros. Studio: The Making of Harry Potter with Luxury Round-Trip...
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Leavesden
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Warner Bros. Studio Tour London is a behind-the-scenes walking tour which immerses guests into the world of film-making. The tour features authentic sets, costumes and props that showcase the British artistry, technology and talent that goes into producing world famous and successful movies, created at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden. The Studio Tour will initially focus on the Harry Potter film series which has made the Studios its home for over 10 years.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Well worth the drive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We took our daughter to the Warner Bros. Studio Tour as part of her birthday celebrations. We were staying in the Chelsea area so getting to the V&A station was very easy. The bus company that runs the Tour is not worth reviewing so I will stick to the Studio itself. The drive to the studio took just over 1 hour and there are no toilet facilities so be prepared. We arrived approx. 1 hour before our tour at the studio started so we spent up a storm in the Potter Store. The Tour will take you at least 3 hours, longer if you happen to be a Potter fan as my daughter is, the studio is an absolutely amazing place, it takes you through the entire filming process and has many of the original sets from the films. You can participate in a few "interactive" scenes and for a fee you can get a copy of the results, the business plan for this place is quite simple, sell the experience. They do have a café at the front doors and the food is not that bad. If you come by bus you'll need to use your time wisely because the buses do leave right on time. A great experience for Potter fans.

• Arabic first
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

It may not be the cheapest day out but it's worth every penny. The grand entrance to the tour is brilliant and the whole attraction just gets better and better the more you explore it. Whilst it is obviously amazing if you're a Harry Potter fan and know the films well - any film fan would enjoy seeing the sets up close and the attention to detail given to all of the props and costumes etc. The scale of the place means that you can easily spend a day here and there is just one thing after another that knocks your socks off. Diagon Alley was a real treat and the model of Hogwarts incredible. We bought a ticket that included a digital guide and one thing I would say is that this probably wasn't worth it as it broke up the enjoyment a bit for us and meant we as a group were listening to our devices rather than massively experiencing it together. We stopped using them half way through and it really didn't decrease our enjoyment. The broomstick ride though expensive was a great take home for my Harry Potter mad daughter and we all enjoyed a butterbeer. As with most attractions you are forced to leave via the gift shop and I have to say that it is the best designed gift shop I have been in and is almost part of the experience still. Take out a bank loan in advance though! Overall a day that can't be beaten and a return trip is a definite.

Visited February 2016
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fantastic Trip for all!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We recently visited the harry potter studio tour! It was brilliant, It was soo good to see how everything was done, and seeing where the cast spent nearly all their time. Its definitely interactive also for the kids as well as the adults!

A magical place indeed with lots to see and lots of photos to be taken!

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Harry Potter fan heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

If your a Harry Potter fan then this tour is a must!!!
Firstly, this is a time allocated tour with limited numbers so if your trip to London is only for a few days & you need to schedule your time well ,book your tour as soon as you can, as the early time slots fill up quickly. We booked with Evans tours which picked us up at our hotel & dropped us off in central London. But you can also get there by train on your own.
I won't spoil it by giving a run down on everything, but it does include a walk down Diagon Alley, the great hall, Dumbledores Office, some major sets, many props, Hogwarts Express (on an actual platform), the night bus, blue car, Hagrids bike, huge Hogwarts castle model, blue prints, a creatures room & so much more. You can even order (& drink!) butterbeer & keep the souvenir mug! The souvenir shop is amazing and is at the very end of the tour (with a smaller one at the Hogwarts Express stop).
Definitely worth the visit!
But remember to book way ahead & to take your time during the tour (as you can't back track).

Visited December 2016
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Warner Bros. Studio Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I've been to the studios twice, first time being in March '16 and second time in January '17. I'm not particularly a huge fan of the Potter universe but I've found that I've enjoyed my visit immensely both times. It's certainly fun if you're with someone a bit more enthusiastic about the whole thing as many parts of the studio mean very little to me having only seen a few of the films.

The attraction begins with a short film about the cultural impact of the series which then reveals a huge door which opens into the Great Hall of Hogwarts, which is effectively a set which is "ready to go". As a person who has a passion for film, the scale and attention to detail in this room almost immediately makes the wait to get in worth it.
This room was even more spectacular as part of the winter season this year, as the hall (and many other sets) were decorated in a festive fashion, with christmas trees and dinners laid out.

Many people seem to be very excited about this being one of the few places in the world where you can try the famous Butterbeer from the novels and I'd say this is one of the few things I (and seemingly a lot of people in the café where it is sold) am not enthused about - though it might just be British palates as I went with Americans in '16 and an Australian in '17 who all loved it so maybe we as a nation aren't used to it.

One thing I would love to see more of at Warner Bros. would be the introduction of exhibits about the other films made at Leavesdon - when films such as Goldeneye, Phantom Menace and the Dark Knight were also filmed here, it seems strange that there is little (or no) mention of them when it could be argued they are just as cinematically important as the Harry Potter series.

The best part of the exhibit for me is the scale model of Hogwarts near the end of the attraction, which was even more special seeing it as part of the Winter season in 2017.

All in all, I'd whole heartedly recommend visiting this at least once if you're even remotely interested in cinema - I can't imagine how good it would be for people who are Potter superfans.

Visited January 2017

Travellers who viewed Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter also viewed

Been to Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter? Share your experiences!