“100 per cent”
Review of The Red Lion Hotel

The Red Lion Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 East Haddon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We had a superb meal here this evening.The service was outstanding,just so attentive.
The cleanliness of the restaurant is above average.In the area are several establishments who are striving for perfection ,my advice is to go and see how it's all done here then maybe you will get it right.
Impressed that you didn't have to pay for sauce to accompany your meal.Also meal comes with more then a tomato and a mushroom !

Go and see for yourself ,it's simply the best.

Room Tip: The best in the area
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I had to arrange a quick place to stay during my mother's funeral. I came across this hotel by chance, but returned for another stay. Good service and food in a quiet village.
Not far from Althorpe for Lady Diana tourists.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I chose the Red Lion based on the quality of the rooms and the quality of the dinner menu.

We stayed in the Pigeon Loft, which has a bath in the main room separated by a frosted glass screen. One thing to note is that the water pressure is very poor, it took 30 mins to fill the bath sufficiently. Apart from that, it is a very comfortable room.

The dinner was excellent. We both had the scotch eggs for starters, which were very good with the right level of softness in the yolk. I followed with the slow cooked beef, which was also very good. We finished with a cheeseboard, rather than dessert. The cheesboard wasn't that aspiring with only 5 cheeses being available despite 8 or so being listed on the menu. Finally, I found the dinner staff to be a little too attentive with frequent questions such as "is everything ok?".

To summarise, I would recommend this hotel and I would stay again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Fantastic place to meet for an informal or business lunch ,Great food under the watchful eye of Nick and his team, We had breakfast on this occasion witch was freshly well cooked and little touches you would expect,

Room Tip: Book early as only a few individual styled rooms
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Small quirky English hotel with a wonderful restaurant in an off the tourist track location. Highly recommend and will stay here again on the next occasion I am in this part of the world. We stayed on a Tuesday night and the car park and restaurant were full. Good service and left the next morning after a good full English breakfast.

Room Tip: All rooms a different, but my bed wad very comfortable, slept like a baby!. You will hear the occa...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Staff are very attentive and knowledgable - the food was wonderful - the price reasonable. It makes me want to move closer to East Haddon so that i could call the Red Lion my local, but i would imagine that the house prices are a little steep. I will be visiting again very soon

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dion H
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We were out driving on a bank holiday Monday and decided to try the Red Lion on the off chance. We were really pleased that we did. Right from the time we arrived until when we left the staff were polite and courteous.
The food was simply superb and unusually for us we had 3 courses.
The menu is quite small but there is enough chioce for everyone. It was well cooked and presented and served quickly.
You can rest assured we shal be visiting again and would highly recommend giving it a try if you are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Been to The Red Lion Hotel? Share your experiences!