“Amazing Place!”

Ranked #1 of 1 East Haddon B&B and Inns
Ashby-De-La-Zouch
“Amazing Place!”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I've stayed in the Red Lion a few times with business and I love it! Each room I stay in is unique but all really clean and really well furnished. The bathrooms are all spotless and I love the cosy feel of the place. The food is absolutely amazing and I'm working my way though the menu and have enjoyed everything I've had so far (steak is amazing!). The service is very attentive and the staff are all really friendly. The breakfast is also really good. Thank you for providing quality food and accommodation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Had a meal here on Saturday night and it was not to the standard that we are used to here..
I left my steak as it was so tough.Waitress didn't ask why I I left my meal.

Very disappointing considering the reputation this restaurant has !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Batheaston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Short drive outside Northampton, but well worth eating and sleeping. Food is excellent and staff are always friendly and attentive. Rooms are spacious and each one is different. Avoid staying in Northampton, hotels are poor and over priced.

Stayed October 2013
JoeBuckey1, General Manager at The Red Lion Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Good afternoon,

Thankyoi so much for your lovely comments and im glad you had a pleasant stay. I love our rooms and that they are not all the same, makes them unique and different.

I hope we get to see you again
Northampton
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Went here couple of weeks ago on a Sunday for a special occasion and wasn't let down.
Great service and the food was the best we have had locally.
The steak was cooked to perfection.
Will definately be going back.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, the staff really love to read them and its great for boosting morale.

Our staff love what they do, which is great and gives us a real tight knit team so im glad we didn't disappoint.

Hope to see you again soon
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Just been here for lunch with my grandmother and cannot fault the place.

Fantastic choices and a variety of options on the menu! (Couldn't decide because it all sounded so nice!)

The Food was absolutely amazing. It was Great tasting and had good portions and a great value for money! 10/10. The chef has done a great job!

All in all it's a great place to dine and I will most certainly be returning with friends and other family!!!!!

Stayed October 2013
Afternoon Mollie,

Thank you for your kind words, they are much appreciated. Our chefs do a great job and really take great pride in their work, as do all of our staff. We are building a very special team right now and were only going to get better.
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Went to the Red Lion this evening for a birthday, usually very good, so very disappointed with service, I think its got so popular with good quality food, there is a danger the service gets forgotten above profit....

No record of booking, but found table :)
Before we sat down, "do you want wine, if not will remove glasses...", hang on still taking my coat off!
Asked 3 times in 2 mins were we ready to order, need to read the menu first!
Starter..bang, mains...bang
No, hows your meal?
Every time I put my fork down....move in to clear plate, in the end became a game with me
Desert?, no thanks, is that all
Have you finished your drink...please have it!

in all arrived at 7.30, seated, fed, paid the bill (which was wrong), drove 30 mins home...sat fuming in front of my PC at 9.22.....great service Red Lion..... NOT !

To conclude, food is great, place is good (have eaten there numerous times), but if you want posh fast food trade up from Mc D's.
DISAPPOINTED

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Graham B
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We have stayed at the Red Lion several times in the past two years and it gets better and better. Dinner and breakfast are always first class. In July we held a pre wedding party for 23 in the garden room which was fantastic. We had a very good dinner which we had pre chosen off a menu with plenty of choices. The service and all the staff were brilliant as always - friendly, jolly and professional which really made the occasion memorable. Our family and guests occupied all the rooms for two nights and everybody agreed how welcoming and friendly everyone was. A perfect atmosphere for a special occasion. The bedrooms and bathrooms are spotlessly clean fresh and modern although some lack drawers or anywhere to put belongings. The only thing which would make our visits perfect would be lights above the bathroom mirrors, we struggle a bit with make up and shaving!

Room Tip: The Four Lions room is slightly larger than the others but all are quiet.