“Worth a try”

Price range: US$7 - US$39
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

Visited on spec today for Sunday Lunch. First time visitors. Enjoyed Sunday Lunch - food warm and well prepared. Served quickly. Roaring fire. Sat in pub rather than restaurant but ok with that. Was it the best ever? No. Was it perfectly appetising and without complaint. Yes. Would certainly re-visit. Bill was £40 for 2x adult Sunday Lunches, 2x desserts, 4x juices and 1x pint.

Worth a visit.

Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

Visited yesterday for lunch to celebrate a family birthday. We had a warm welcome and the real fire was a treat. The young lady serving was friendly. But....it's a small point but the food we were served wasn't quite what was on the menu. I ordered the pie and mash but I got served chips. Part of reason I chose the dish was the mash - I love it! There was no mention made of the change and no one came to check we were happy with the meal. My father enjoyed his meal so I didn't want to say anything. And like I say, it's only a very minor criticism. But it would be good to be served what is on the menu especially as the menus seem to be printed on a daily basis. It would also be good to ask customers if their meal was ok.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

I have been here twice and have not been disappointed. The food is excellent, with a lunchtime deal of 2 courses which the last time I went was £12. The soft drinks are expensive - £3 for a pint of lime and soda.

Good service, nice ambience.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Went here one Saturday after Christmas, had a great two course meal. Food was well prepared and good presentation. Atmosphere was warm and cosy, staff very helpful and not intrusive. This restaurant seems to be back on track

Reviewed 2 December 2012

Friends held a birthday celebration dinner at Berri's restaurant on Saturday 24 November and all were very impressed with every aspect of the evening so much so that we returned the following Saturday for a family get together! The first visit was a party of 10 and the second of 8 and we made reservations on both occasions, .

Not only is The Beresford Arms attractive from the outside, but Berri's restaurant, tucked away at the rear, has a cosy pre-dinner drinks area as you enter. This and the restaurant itself were attractively decorated with subtle lighting creating a very pleasant atmosphere. We were warmly greeted by Gillian and settled down to enjoy our drinks while we studied the menus which had changed slightly from the previous week. Most of our party were having the Festive menu but my wife and I chose from the main menu as we had enjoyed the food so much on the previous visit. Having both chosen tempura king prawns last time, we had salmon fishcake and duck salad for starters and all were delicious. The main courses, priced at about £15, were leg of lamb and crispy roast duckling with morello cherries previously and loin of pork and chilli king prawns this time. For desert, we had creme brulee, lemon and lime cheesecake and meringue with winter berry coulis and ice cream. None of the dishes was a disappointment although we could not finish all the vegetables served to us. The wine list is very reasonably priced starting at about £15 per bottle (also available in 175ml or 250ml glasses) with representative wines from France, Italy, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina and Chile. Those that were sampled were most enjoyable!

The Beresford Arms is conveniently located about 6 miles from Morpeth and 16 miles from Newcastle and I would recommend you make reservations for dinner.