Te Aroha Dhanachuli
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dhanachuli
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The focus at this boutique property is on service and attention to detail, and it shows. Sumant Batra has the vision to make this a luxury niche getaway, and he's succeeding. Having visited right after our wedding, we were looked after but never disturbed. The service is top-quality, the views and the rooms reminded us of resorts in the Swiss/French Alps or the Canadian Rockies, but the real clincher was the quality of the food. The Chef- Chatur Singh, could hold his own at any of the top stand-alone continental restaurants in Delhi or Mumbai, and the quality/presentation of the food was fantastic. We were upgraded to the Master's Bedroom, so we really had a great experience for the two nights that we were there.

All in all, a must-visit.

Room Tip: the view is the USP of this property, so make sure you choose a mountain-facing room or suite!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DGCSekhri

Reviewed 28 May 2012

DhanaChuli is a 90 km ride from Bhimtal. A bit inwards but every bit worth it. Te Aroha is a fantastic dream come true for the traveller as it was for the owner. The place has some real nostalgic memorabilia collected by the owner. We had a wonderful 1 day trekking accompanied by the local travel guide arranged free by the Inn. The weather too cooperated with us. In the afternoon we played chess and watched some movies in the Inn's DVD entertainment room. They have a nice DVD collection. They have a exclusive POKER room too. The Manager Deven makes a beautiful Cappuccino, just as in Costa Coffe or Coffe Day. The AMBIENCE is the best.
I enjoyed every bit of it, but being the global traveller I am, my expectations were not met in 2 quarters. One, food made by the chefs was not great. The dishes lacked individualistic taste and were more like BAR food. Second, even though it was summer, it was cold out there and I wanted to enjoy a hot shower. But since the geysers were located outside the rooms and were exposed to the elements, the water from the shower used to be just warm. I wonder what must be the situation if I were to visit the Inn in winter, say December or Jan. I would like to suggest to the owner/management to do something about these sole issues, through this platform, which is otherwise HEAVEN.

Room Tip: The rooms named - guest bed room and the master bed room at Te Aroha fall just below the kitchen. So...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2012

This place was unexpected !!!!Salute to the staff as well.....Their hospitality was awesome......Loved every bit of it ....felt like i was out of this world....This place is sure for nature lovers....Highly recommended......Also they had done beautiful arrangement for my parents as I had told them that it was their wedding anniv....The whole staff including GM was present to cut the cake at 2300 hrs even thou their dinner timings are till 2200 only.......Their candelite dinners are breathtaking........simply superb

Room Tip: for a couple master bedroom is the best and for a family who wishes to take two rooms - morning sun...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank truptikhira
Reviewed 25 May 2012

After reviewing a lot of properties in Uttrakhand I zeroed down to Te aroha. We enjoyed it thoroughly .I still have the beautiful memories of their beautiful and luxurious room,our own private terrace, restaurant with fantastic food,cafe flashback,recreation room(loads of books and movies to watch on only TV in the hotel),attic room,tea with cookies,the village trek and the most important thing...the silence with beautiful views(though Himalayas were not visible due to weather).
Their staff is absolutely wonderful and will help you in every possible way with a warm and genuine smile.

All in all its a great place for people who wants to live luxury with views and do nothing except relaxing with nature.

Room Tip: Front room - great terrace Morning sun and Black room- great himalyan range All suites facing vall...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AKB29
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Te Aroha may attract you when have a look at the pics and read the reviews, but that's just a prelude. The property is mesmerizing; if you can afford a suite (preferably Master's Bedroom) then nothing like it. It's a perfect place to relax for a few days, unwind yourself, do nothing, eat well, flow with the ubiquitous silence, and lose yourself in the hills. The staff ensures you get all of this and more.

Te Aroha is clearly a work of passion by Sumant Batra, and it reflects in everything, right from welcome drink to the bathroom door handles to dining area! Perfect setting for a romantic holiday; elderly may struggle because of the large no of steps.

All in all, perhaps the best place I have been to in the hills. Heavily recommended.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HarshVardhan30
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We arrived at Te Aroha around 12 pm and where immediately brought to the room. All rooms are beautifully furnished, no unnecessary luxury but with a lot of taste. The lobby and the new Cafe Flashback are just stunning.

I have never experienced a better service as in this place. Tips are not favoured only at checkout for the whole team if you wish to do so. Therefore all the service is included and you can perfectly relax why the staff is spoiling you with there amazing ginger lemon team with fresh baked cookies, snacks or a hot water bag for the cold nights.

The food served for dinner in the restaurant was very delicious!

We were making a roundtrip through India and I booked the place to escape the rush and heat of Delhi for sometime. Best decision I have ever made, I would love to come back if it was not so far from Germany...

The only thing we found difficult was the weak English skills of most of the staff. However, there strength seems to be to read your wishes from your eyes so this was after all not a real issue.

All in all, it is a place where you find peace and tranquility. I would have loved to meet the owner Sumant Batra and to compliment him on this great place he has created.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I had read a lot of good reviews about Te Aroha and was desperately waiting to take the plunge myself which happened this month. Barring my journey to and fro from the property there was not a minute thing which was out of place !! A fairy-tale house set in the picturesque and serene hills far from the madding crowd is what awaited me and my wife and the place will make you fall in love all over again !!! Excellent rooms, views, fabulous food, awesome service...I can go on and on about the wonder Sumant Batra and his team has created. Everything was perfect and not even a small thing went wrong during her 2 days stay. Its one of those places wherein you go to fall in love and forget all your worries ...I could live there forever and still can if Sumant employs me ;) Jokes apart, Te Aroha deserves every bit of accolades its got and this can only be experienced by going there. Just to reiterate what I said Sumant, Achieving Excellence might be easy but maintaining it is the real test. All my best wishes to Te Aroha and the team for making it a memorable trip and leaving us wanting for more....Like Arnie....I will be back !!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are unique and have their own characteristics !!! We stayed in the Front Room and it had i...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Avidtraveller79
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dhanachuli
Soulitude in the Himalayas
Neemrana's - Ramgarh Bungalows
The Naini Retreat
The Naini Retreat
#1 of 51 in Nainital

Been to Te Aroha Dhanachuli? Share your experiences!