“Very very nice B&B”

and 1 more site!
Tanglewood @ Gatwick Guest House
“Very very nice B&B”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Complete of all services (Free parking, free wifi, airport free pickup and drop off, tea or coffe in the room), with a beatiful gareden and very nice rooms, this is a must visit B&B. It is 10 minutes far away from Gatwick north terminal.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
East Yorkshire
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have used number of Gatwick BnBs previously however having found Tanglewood I'm not sure we will want to stay anywhere else.
We arrived before our flight and used a parking and overnight stay combination. As promised we were taken to the airport for our flight and collected on our return. This is really a really useful service. Room was modern and clean, TV , small fridge with water and tea and coffee making facilities. Bathroom although compact was again really clean and modern with a good shower. Absolutely fine for one night. You can walk to a couple of pubs if you need an evening meal.
Breakfast was one of the best we have had ,ordered the night before and served in your room where there is table and chairs. Sometimes communal breakfast can be a bit dire!
Both the proprietors were friendly and interested in our travel. It only has a small number of rooms and I expect will book up quickly
As previously stated this is one of the best airport BnBs we have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: All rooms are ok
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KevanEastYorkshire
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay there! The owner joe is a great guy, very helpful. Hotel is very clean and tidy, and in a great location. Can't fault this hotel in anyway and the breakfast is phenonominal to top it off!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Callum M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed over there couple of times (before our trip and after), beautiful and cozy rooms, amazing and really delicious breakfast in bed and superb service! The hosts were really friendly and helpful and free pick up and drop off service was very handy! Definitely would stay there again!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Eveliux777
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I had stayed in this hotel for one night only but I was very glad I had chosen this and nothing else. The owner, Jayne, met me upon arrival late night and brought me back the very early morning I asked for. The room has so much character in it that I could not stop looking there and there to take pictures so I can input some of the ideas into my home renovation. Separate thanks for a continental breakfast, Jayne, it was outstanding. Will stay again on my next trip to London. Well done and keep up to this standards and you will not have any problems with costumers.

Room Tip: any room will do
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ilmira2003
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Just an overnight stay before flying from Gatwick. Appreciated the transfers to and from the airport. But Jane went well beyond that by driving me to a bank when I needed to use the cash machine. Good dining nearby, and the early breakfast trolley was ideal. Only criticism is that whichever family member was using the room above was rather noisy.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank B9dogs
Jane H, Owner at Tanglewood @ Gatwick Guest House, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for your positive comments I would like to say that they were guests staying in the room above, not family members and had I known that they were causing you problems I would have had a friendly word with them and perhaps asked if they could be a little quieter. I hope that this will not happen again and I apologise on their behalf for any annoyance this has caused.
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We arrived at 2:30am and a room key was waiting for us. Room is spacious, bed in comfortable, blanket is warm.
Breakfast was amazing and served in the room.
Only problem was heating - it was not turned in then we arrived and room was cold (it was close to zero outside). We turned the heating on and in the morning temperature in the room was good.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel
Courtyard London Gatwick Airport
Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport

Been to Tanglewood @ Gatwick Guest House? Share your experiences!