If your idea of paradise is an action-packed, all-inclusive, compulsory-fun-times Club Med resort, then read no further.
However, if you're looking for a chilled-out and perfectly secluded barefoot retreat with powdery white-sand and crystal-clear water then maybe, just maybe, Tamarind is for you.
My wife and I spent weeks searching the internet for a quiet, mellow Caribbean vacation spot. Eventually, we found Canouan Island. Now, there are two accomodation options here -Raffles and Tamarind. We visited Raffles for a couple of hours and, while certain aspects of it are quite lush, it is also quite large (you need your golf buggy to get around) and, for us, kinda soulless. Not our cup of tea.
Tamarind, however, was just the ticket and we loved our eight days there. The beach is gorgeous, the food delicious, the service just the right combination of relaxed and attentive (a special shout out to my man Floyd on the beach!)
Tamarind is small but perfectly formed. The rooms are lovely (we were lucky enough to be upgraded to an upstairs suite). The beach is superb, the drinks are strong and the food is great (the owners are italian, so the seafood is complemented by pasta and pizza. One bummer -we were there outside lobster season).
We didn't bother with the meal plan (you'd only find it valuable if you eat three meals a day including a three course dinner).
Definitely go sailing down to the Tobago Cays -we went out on Jambalaya, a gorgeous 75-foot wooden schooner and snorkelled the reef, plus the turtles off one of the beaches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Beach Hotel & Yacht Club is a lively beachfront oasis with 40 seaside hideaways, surrounded by tropical gardens, on a long white sand beach. The low-rise property features two thatched-roof restaurants/bars: the "Palapa Restaurant", with a delightful open terrace right at the water edge, offering Italian and West Indian cuisine and the “Pirate's Cove” an informal Bar serving lighter fare. Beach bar, water sports (hydro bikes, windsurf, canoe and sunfish) and massage facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Tamarind Beach Hotel & Yacht Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Beach Hotel And Yacht Club
- Tamarind Beach Hotel & Yacht Club Canouan, St. Vincent And The Grenadines