The Tamarind's rooms are on two floors & all overlook the sea. We spent three nights here at the end of a yacht charter.The bedrooms are not vast but are comfortable & well fitted out. We liked the fact that the doors facing the sea all had louvres & mosquito nets. The room also had a/c as well as ceiling fans. The maid who looked after our room produced the most wonderful effects with our towels.
There are two restaurants. Breakfast was in the main restaurant & was fine, I can recommend the bacon & scrambled egg. On two nights we ate dinner in the less formal restaurant which produced an excellent lobster ravioli & pizzas from a wood-fired oven. On our final night we dined in the main restaurant and had a superb meal: our starters included seared scallops, carpaccio of fish & an avocado & lobster salad; we all had the most beautiful grilled barracuda for our main course. There were also some very good wines on the list at a reasonable price.
Lunch was taken on the beach, ordered from the bar & delivered from the main kitchen. The salads were very good & large enough to share if you'd like something light.
The beaches were well-groomed & it felt a very safe place to be.
The service was excellent throughout.
We would be very happy to re-visit the Tamarind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Beach Hotel & Yacht Club is a lively beachfront oasis with 40 seaside hideaways, surrounded by tropical gardens, on a long white sand beach. The low-rise property features two thatched-roof restaurants/bars: the "Palapa Restaurant", with a delightful open terrace right at the water edge, offering Italian and West Indian cuisine and the “Pirate's Cove” an informal Bar serving lighter fare. Beach bar, water sports (hydro bikes, windsurf, canoe and sunfish) and massage facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tamarind Beach Hotel & Yacht Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Beach Hotel And Yacht Club
- Tamarind Beach Hotel & Yacht Club Canouan, St. Vincent And The Grenadines