All reviews island tour pizza pirate cove italian deli salad rum punch service charge hotel guests laid back dinghy dock snorkel gear salt whistle bay small table the kitchen staff beach bequia catamaran
Reviewed 3 August 2016

Our stay at this hotel was magnificent. We appreciated the wooden style bedrooms that were equipped with modern touches. The staff were very pleasant and accommodating. The pizza was great, and the beach and beach bar was attractive. Kayaks and pedal boats included for use.

Room Tip: Choose downstairs if possible. Right onto the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
TamarindBeach, General Manager at Tamarind Beach Hotel & Yacht Club, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Dear Stephen,

Many thanks for your review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay!

We do hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

This review is for the Coconut Bar just outside the resort. Nice place, good service, manager great guy, and relaxed atmosphere. If in Canouan, go here. Beers are about $8EC compared to $15EC in the resort

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

My husband & I stayed at Tamarind for 5 nights. We were looking forward to a fun, relaxing vacation at a resort that had almost 100% excellent reviews. As soon as we arrived & were taken to our "suite" room, we wanted to leave! It was run down, hadn't been updated for years & years, didn't smell clean, nor have AC in the bedroom or bathroom! It worked for 2 days, then the last 3 days it stopped working. Staff only offered to move us to another room on our last night. We actually left early due to not being able to sleep in a 90° room, and just the lack of enjoyment. They did give us a refund for leaving early. The beach was not very nice, except when we went to other parts of the island. The staff for the most part were very nice. Felix the Restaurant Manager went above & beyond to try to make us happy. But only the beach bar was open for dinner every night due to low season, which was disappointing. Deli was also overrated. Food was good, but would've liked more options. Pauline was a very nice server. Also one of the groundskeepers Floyd was able to get me a Triton Shell which was one of the reasons I had chosen to visit Canouan. The full day private boat trip was nice, but too expensive for what we expected from past experiences. We were informed this place is being remodeled in 5 years, but regardless, we'd never plan to go back. We've stayed on plenty of other remote islands and didn't want our vacation to end. This one we wanted to end before it even got started!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Alicia A
TamarindBeach, Manager at Tamarind Beach Hotel & Yacht Club, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2016

Dear Alicia A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. We are very disappointed that you were not satisfied with your experience.

We hope that you will reconsider and return to visit us in the future to witness the high standards on which we pride ourselves.

Many thanks,

Tamarind Beach Hotel & Yacht Club

Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

My first visit here was years ago, as a crew on a small yacht I asked the reception if I could take a shower and have a drink and a meal. I did this several times.
More recently, I came here, again on a yacht that I anchored in front of the hotel, but I decided to spoil my partner for a couple of nights^^
And that is, in my belief, what the place is for: enjoy the scenery, beach, hotel location and service, and each other. It's perfect for a couple, for a couple of days. Great food, Nice rooms, superb location. But I wouldn't stay for more than three nights... Nothing happens here. So, enjoy it, it's great, but move on after.
The staff is overall very welcoming, the food is good (for island standards), and yes, it's expensive to be here. Therefore, I see it as a stop-over to spoil your beloved one when sailing around the islands. I would not spend a week here.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ToyBoy_B

Dear ToyBoy_B,

Many thanks for your review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. Thanks also for your additional comments and will take them on board for consideration.

Reviewed 6 May 2016

Canouan is a small and remote island. The airport is at the Southern tip and there is an exclusive and expensive resort in the North, the only thing in between of note is The Tamarind Beach Hotel. The island has some really lovely beaches and beautiful coral reefs, perfect for diving. The interior of the island has nothing much to offer. It is a poor island spoilt by unsightly housing, roaming dogs, goats and chickens. There is very little produced on the island and everything must be shipped in from St Vincent or further afield. There are no decent restaurants, cafes or taverns where one can sit and relax in comfort. What few shops there are, tend to be very limited in what they have to sell and prices are at a premium.
The Tamarind Beach Hotel certainly takes advantage of the lack of surrounding competition. A room will cost you in excess of $200 per night and the restaurant prices are very steep. A steak and salad will cost you $40 before service charges and drinks are equally as expensive. It is a lovely hotel but at a price!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank Paul J

Dear Paul J,

Allow me to offer our most sincere apologies that you were not completely satisfied with your visit to the island. We have taken each point you have raised with our hotel into consideration and will strive to perfect them.