“Great Place to Stay in Eleuthera”
Review of Hut Pointe Inn

Hut Pointe Inn
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Wisconsin
“Great Place to Stay in Eleuthera”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Hut Pointe Inn has a great location (and a great website http://www.hutpointe.com/Welcome.html). It is close to the Governor's Harbour airport. We rented a car from Tracy Williams (1-242-335-6173) at the airport and can't imagine traveling to the island without one. From there we were able to go both up and down the island. Great restaurants within 30 minutes driving time.
Located almost across the Queen's Highway from Sky Beach club. Sky Beach has a decent restaurant and a great beach!
There is no direct beach access for Hut Pointe. It is also located on the highway so there is some vehicle noise. There was such a great breeze while we were there, we slept with the windows open and a great breeze blowing through the suite.
Governor's Harbour has 2 grocery stores. As would be expected the cost of supplies is expensive on the island. We stocked up on peanut butter, bread, fruit and chips. We also made a meal one night in the room.
Governors Harbour has a tourism office towards the other end of town. We got a fairly good map there of Eleuthera.
If you are traveling to Eleuthera by plane from Nassau - get to the airport at least 1 hour early. We encountered other travelers and experienced ourselves that if you are not there 1 hour ahead, there is a good chance you may not make your flight.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank CS-KS
hutpointe, Owner at Hut Pointe Inn, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Thank you so much for your great review. It means so much to us that you took the time to write one and we are so glad that you had a good stay with us. We try very hard to make sure that our guests are happy and expectations are met or exceeded. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again in the very near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We really loved our stay at the Hut Pointe Inn. We stayed on the second floor in unit 4. We found the unit to be spotless and well maintained. The unit easily accommodated four people. The Beach is a short walk from the inn and is breathtaking . Kathy the manager is well connected on the island and can help you plan any activities during your stay. We will definitely return.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Julie P
hutpointe, Owner at Hut Pointe Inn, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Dear Julie-
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a great review for us! We really appreciate your business and hope that you will come to stay with us again soon. We love to share our little island and we are so lucky to have such great guests! I will let Kathy know about your comments and she will be so pleased. Thank you again!
AAndrews
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The first thing I noticed about this place was how clean it was; I swear you could eat off the floor! I had the corner unit (number 4) and when I go back...and I will...I will ask for that one again. It was large, well equiped and very bright. With windows on three sides, I had all the windows open, the AC off (although the AC works very well) and very much enjoyed the fresh air--it was hot outside but the unit was nice and cool. I spent a bit of time walking through the property; the gardens are well looked after and add to such a peaceful experience.

I was only there for a couple of days so I did not do any cooking. However the kitchen, besides being a good size, was fully equiped and I was impressed.

The owner has done up a great little information binder where she has provided all sorts of tid bits of information about the island, restaurants, places to shop and other points fo interest. It was nice to see someone take the time to do this. Even has detailed instruction for working the statalite and the TV.

I found all the staff to be genuinly friendly.

I will be back!

Room Tip: For me, I was lucky to have a corner unit. I had lots of sun in the afternoon and it was nice to ha...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank Andrew W
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We stayed at Hut Pointe Inn (Unit 6 on second floor of this two storey building) for 5 nights while attending a wedding in Eleuthera, and we were really impressed. The natural stone building with tiled and pristine interior, clean, bright kitchen and living room, and two spacious rooms was very welcoming and picturesque, and is situated halfway between Governor's Harbour Airport and Governor's Harbour itself, making the location ideal. A very homey feel -- not sterile or cold-feeling at all. DVD player in the living room was a nice touch - we brought a couple of movies to watch in case it rained, and they have satellite TV (though in the rain satellite is always tricky - hence the DVDs).

The grounds are immaculate and beautiful, and you are a couple minutes walk from either side of the island for swimming, snorkeling, etc. Service was excellent and friendly, including a helpful late-night room call to reset our safe which we forgot the code for.

I do recommend that you rent a car as the best part of Eleuthera is the variety of perfect beaches on both sides -- we used Tracy Williams who rented us a white minivan and it worked out very well -- he was recommended by the owners of Hut Pointe Inn and it was a great recommendation.

When we return to Eleuthera, this is definitely where we will stay, no question about it.

Room Tip: Recommend second floor room if possible just for the view, but either floor is stunning -- saw both...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Dathan L
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 September 2012

And Hut Pointe is the ONLY place I will stay. It's clean, affordable, the location is great and the staff is amazing. You CANNOT go wrong by staying here. Trust me, I've stayed in over 8 different rentals / villas throughout the island, and nothing can compare to the value at Hut Pointe.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank jaysongaignard
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I visited Eleuthera on August 10 - 12, and this is where I stayed and I did not regret one minute of it. The rooms can accomodate 2 adults, two kids and a pet quite comfortably with space to spare. There is a full kitchen with everything you can possibly need. Seeing that this is the island life, I guess they thought that television would take away from the stay so i didnt have a T.V. in either of the two bedrooms, only in the front room. But that was quite kool becasue I had Satelite TV, Apple TV and a DVD player to boot. I will definitely be back for another visit.

Room Tip: For those of your who sleep light...... It would be best to rent one of the upper floor rooms. Some...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Mr242
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We tend to book apartment style suites and Hut Pointe Inn compared very well to places we have stayed in Canada and the US. While the island is up and coming, the Inn is modern, fully equipped and spotless. Two adults and an 8 year old were very happy here. The room had a binder of advice and tips which was extremely helpful and we took it with us as we drove around the island. The only issue is the traffic at night, which drives literally right past the building on the Queens Highway. We were told that drinking and driving is not discouraged on the island, which made it more nerve wracking to see the headlights of cars as they careened down the hill towards the Inn. Checking in and out was unique! We arrived to find our room unlocked and the key on the table, and this is also how we checked out. Easy!

Room Tip: Bring bug spray, lots of cash, lots of water and don't forget that shops close early.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
#1 of 1 in Gregory Town
French Leave Resort
French Leave Resort
#3 of 6 in Governor's Harbour

Been to Hut Pointe Inn? Share your experiences!