My wife and I spent a week here in January 2013 and had an outstanding time. We have vacationed all over and own rental properties ourselves. Here is why we liked it. The condo (we rented a two-bedroom) was well laid out, with all the necessary equipment and amenities and all in great shape. The "resort" has a nice pool, well-landscaped and very attractive grounds, and you can walk about one block to a beautiful beach and a great restaurant (Tippys). There is a new nature preserve and a well-stocked deli also within short walking distance. We ate at the restaurant, Tippy's, every night; great food, very casual layout and dress, and right on the sand and beach with a tremendous view. Never a bad meal and a nice people mix of young and old, European, American, and other, couples and families. You do need a reservation unless you get there before 6:30 but they are very helpful with those. The maitre D is also the owner and his gruff Austrian demeanour hides a sweetheart. He also owns the deli. The deli had equally great food and nice staff. The Pineapple Fields folks could not have been more friendlier or helpful. We sunned and snorkeled, visited the nature preserve, read and swam and generally hung out for a week. The snorkeling was good, and there is world-class snorkeling and surfing a short drives away. The preserve was fascinating and hosted a high-end lecturer while we were there. We also rented a car for a day and drove (left hand driving but no big deal given almost literally no one else on the roads) around the island. Well worth it.
We booked some fishing and other activities but high winds nixed them, but they are also available to do from PF.
What is great for us might not work for others. There is no immediate nightlife beyond Tippy's or a long drive to other resorts, and no glamor or glitz or heavy bar scene. And Eleuthera is much less-developed (and larger, 100 miles long) than other islands. In short, this is not Harbor Island - although there is nothing wrong with Harbor. Active teenagers who need more than sun and sand and water might get bored fast. And you need a car to go anywhere outside of PF and most people rent for the week (easy to do, they just give you the car and keys, no agreement).
The units are cleaned and restocked every day, and you can rent any beach equipment you didn't or couldn't bring. Our unit was well laid-out and nicely decorated. Well designed for chilling out. Cable reception excellent and a broad offering.
It is hard to find any negatives about our stay. Our unit had a supply of the worst novels we have ever read but they were a great source of entertainment. If we had to find a legitimate complaint it would be that the Internet WIFI was spotty at best in our unit. If you need to be robustly connected for sure that would be a challenge. We didn't really care. Oh yes, we ran into the owners of the new horseriding stables and asked for rates - $US235 an hour per person. Eh. We passed. Everything else was surprisingly reasonably priced for an island.
We really did not have any complaints at all and had a great time relaxing. Cannot recommend it enough for people who want to do the same. And of course, Eleuthera itself is beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort and restaurant are located on the most beautiful beach in the Out Islands. The property features an oversized pool, acres of lush tropical landscape, a gourmet deli, boutique and sporting/rental shop. One-bedroom units feature a master bedroom and bath, living room with a queen size pull out sofa-bed, full kitchens, verandas with teak furniture, cable TV, ceiling fans, AC, wireless internet and in-room phones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and getaroom.com so you can book your Pineapple Fields Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pineapple Fields Eleuthera
- Pineapple Fields Hotel Eleuthera