This is a new property (timeshare/rental). Construction has ended. However, some cosmetic work is still being done on some of the units as well as some of the landscaping. The property is located across the street from the beach.
We stayed in a spacious upper level one bedroom apartment (#722). The decoration is light and airy. Everything looks very new and very pretty. There's a living room, bedroom, small kitchen (with all the cooking appliances and dinnerware), bathroom, and 2 decks (front and back). The unit has a.c., ceiling fans, washer/dryer, a safe, tv/dvd player in bedroom and living room, tape/cd player in living room. There is daily maid service. A nice pool is located in the middle of the property (deepest depth 4.5 feet). I read in an earlier review to bring your own beach towels. We did. But there were e beach towels in our unit. Pineapple Fields was definitely a home away from home. We loved it.
--I had a big issue with holes in the ground that weren't covered properly. Not a good thing if you have kids running around.
--The landscaping around our building wasn't done, so the immediate surrounding area wasn't very pretty to look at.
--The water pressure in our shower wasn't good.
TIPPY'S: This restaurant is part of Pineapple Fields. It's located right on the beach, across from the resort. They only serve lunch and dinner, and are closed on Mondays. You can ask them to charge the bill to your room. We loved the look of the place, but the food and the service were a mixed bag. One particular waitress seriously needs to think about changing jobs since she seemed so unhappy to work there. Anyhoo, we had dinner at Tippy's 4 times. On our first night we had the lasagna ($15/each) which was EXCELLENT. On our second night, I had the cajun grouper ($25) which was JUST OKAY. My husband had the blackened tuna with mango salsa ($28) which he said was NOT GOOD (not cooked enough). For our third dinner, we had the NY steak with herbs and mustard butter ($25/each) which was OKAY. Our son had the cheese pizza ($13.50) which we tasted and thought it was GOOD. For our fourth dinner, my husband went back to the lasagna and I tried the chicken fajitas ($23) which were VERY GOOD. With desserts and drinks, dinner would usually come to a little over $100.
Some other prices:
--Caesar salad $8
--Creme brulee cheesecake $8 - EXCELLENT
--Chocolate brownie cake $8 - VERY GOOD
--Strawberry daiquiri $7
--Small bottle of water $2.50
DELI: There's a deli where the Pineapple Fields office is. We ordered sandwiches on our last day and wished we had done so sooner. They were VERY GOOD. Cost is about $9. The deli closes at 3pm.
I posted a detailed review with pictures in the forum section (beaches and restaurants we went to).
Enjoy your trip if you do decide to stay there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort and restaurant are located on the most beautiful beach in the Out Islands. The property features an oversized pool, acres of lush tropical landscape, a gourmet deli, boutique and sporting/rental shop. One-bedroom units feature a master bedroom and bath, living room with a queen size pull out sofa-bed, full kitchens, verandas with teak furniture, cable TV, ceiling fans, AC, wireless internet and in-room phones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pineapple Fields Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pineapple Fields Eleuthera
- Pineapple Fields Hotel Eleuthera