“Ok nothing special.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lympsham
Batch Country House
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lympsham
“Ok nothing special.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Spent the night recently at the batch after a wedding. Not being able to check in until after the wedding was unfortunate, but nothing to complain about really as the wedding was at 1pm. Had a super time catching up with my friends stopping briefly to check into the room before carrying on with the evening festivities.

Upon finally returning to the room, I found the two bails of towels per person was a fantastically generous amount of towels for two people and whilst I waited for my kettle to boil, decided to have a shower whilst admiring the worlds smallest bath, or is it the largest foot-bath? I have yet to decide!!! But I imagine it gets used loads! I then went to pour a cup of tea to finish off a fantastic day! It was cold! So I re boiled the kettle only to find it didn't work! It turns out that one needs employ a novel technique of holding the base of the handle into the charge part in order to actually give the device power. I suppose it does add fun when dodging the hot water that May spirt out of the top at the same time as risking possible electrocution.

However I am old school and prefer to do other things whilst the kettle boils, and not dice with death in the quest for a cup of tea. So as I was getting really thirsty by now I decided to phone reception to inform them in the hope they had a retro kettle or could at least provide safety gloves. I found the number list...... But could not find the phone.... After hunting the room for several minutes unearthing THREE bibles and now finding myself gasping for a hot drink I contemplated briefly using hot water from the Gnome bath at base of the shower but realised I had thankfully thought ahead and hand some juice in my bag..... Dehydration was no longer an issue!

As it was nearly three in the morning, there was nobody on reception or to be found. But I was by now soo tired I just went to sleep.

Breakfast was great and I was glad to see the provided tea, the old fashioned way. Oh it was the best but by that point anything would have done the job!

I must say the manager dealt with the situation well by informing me he knew about the phone and it had been replaced due to a faulty receiver but was not aware of the kettles being upgraded. I had to reaffirm my point that no phone was in that room and he said...."oh well". Literally my jaw dropped. Possibly, partly due to the long lasting effects from the previous evening, mostly due to his fantastic impression of Basil Fawlty!

I admire the fact he was not apologetic, and that he really was non committed and totally unaware of the goings on in his rooms especially when it comes to the appliances and rampant uncontrolled breeding of bibles a towels!!!

Anyway, if you think travel lodge is too good for you this is the place to be!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Archiex W
james b, Owner at Batch Country House, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
The customer attended a wedding here on Sunday 11th May and stayed overnight. The next morning I was at reception. He briefly informed me that there was no phone in the room, and he was having difficulty using the kettle. I was apologetic, and told him the phone was missing as housekeeping had found it to be faulty and a replacement had been ordered. I offered him the free use of a telephone, a replacement kettle and some complimentary coffee. He did not take me up on my offer. He left later that morning with other guests from the wedding party who were all very happy.
Upon seeing his review, I see he tried to contact us in the night about the kettle. He states he came down to reception and nobody was there. We do not have somebody sat behind the desk all night, but there is an internal bell on the reception desk which is linked to our private accommodation in case somebody needs to contact us. There is an A4 sized sign next to the bell to show its location. We would be more than happy offer him a replacement kettle had he rang the bell at 3am. As an alternative, we could have delivered a pot of tea to the room. I am sorry the customer had trouble making the kettle work at night, but I am happy he had a great breakfast in the morning and enjoyed a good pot of tea.
Having inspected the room we could only find one bible, as we are only given one per bedroom. We found the cordless kettle which is under a year old would work if positioned correctly. The room was occupied by different people the previous two nights who did not report a problem.
Regarding the bath size, the bathroom has recently been refurbished using a standard bath that is used in many hotels. The AA is quite happy with our fittings and has awarded us a 5 star guest accommodation rating. The low score on the value is unfair. We do not have a Travelodge near us, but the room and breakfast rate we give our wedding guests is very often cheaper at the week-ends than the nearest Premier Inn. In addition to the additional room cost, a taxi to the Premier Inn and back can be up to £25 return as they have to drive from Weston-S-Mare.
Yours sincerely
James Brown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Ely, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Came here this weekend for a family wedding. Staff couldn't have been more helpful even when we arrived early. Venue is set in beautiful gardens, food was great and well done for the numbers catered for and the room was really comfy. Would def recommend

Stayed May 2014
North Petherton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I chose The Batch Country House for our wedding reception and I have to say it was the best decision we ever made. The Batch can't be faulted. The service was amazing. The food was amazing. The day was amazing. Everything was under control and every detail was seen to. The staff were so kind and professional and always seemed to be one step ahead and were able to make the day run very smoothly - you don't notice that they are there. James couldn't do enough for us - he made sure that everything was covered to keep the bride calm and happy. Many of our guests have commented on how nice the Batch was and what a lovely venue it is. We echo those thoughts. We had the most incredible wedding day and the Batch was a major factor in this. We would like to say a massive thank you to James, Anna and all the staff at the Batch for really helping to make our day so special.

Laura and Dom (The Hodges)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Having attended a wedding at the Batch c.h.h. I have to say the venue cannot be faulted, upon
arrival one struck by the clean & tidy gardens,and the interior is very welcoming, and well appointed. The wedding ceremony was most enjoyable, made even more so by there being an
M.C. who made sure all went to plan.The food is excellent, generous portions, well prepared and
presented. The waiting staff very polite and efficient. The rooms first rate, very clean and loads of
room, warm and comfortable. All in all I can thoroughly recommend The Batch Country House with
complete confidence, not cheap but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank johnjag c
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband and I chose the Batch Country House as our wedding venue having visited it a few years previously for our friends' wedding. We were so impressed that it really was the only place at which we wanted to celebrate our own wedding.

James and Anna did not disappoint. Their approach was professional and friendly and they left us with no doubt that they would do everything they could to ensure our special day ran as smoothly as possible.

The ceremy and reception rooms with wonderfully decorated, the bedrooms were of an extremely high standard, the food was beautiful and the staff were helpful and friendly. The grounds were extremely well maintained, and they even managed to arrange warm and sunny weather for us ;)

Without question, we would recommend The Batch Country House to anyone looking for a wedding venue. For us, it was the perfect choice. Thank you James and Anna, we will treasure our day forever.

Laura & Paul Davies

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We had our wedding here last year so knew what to expect and it was as good as last year.

This place is situated in the lovely countryside and so peaceful and that reflects on the whole place.

The food was excellent and the service amazing and exceeded our expectations.

If you thinking of booking this place please do as it's the perfect package

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank studmuffinstu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

My niece had her wedding reception here on Saturday and there was nothing that you could fault. The food was absolutely lovely and plenty of it. The staff friendly and nothing too much trouble. The hotel was clean and so was the room we stayed in. The hotel is situated in lovely surroundings which are kept very neat and tidy and are excellent for the photographs. Would recommend this venue to anyone.Thank you to all of you for making my nieces and her new husbands days very special

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kim B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lympsham
Beachlands Hotel
Beachlands Hotel
#2 of 29 in Weston-super-Mare
Cabot Court Hotel
Cabot Court Hotel
#1 of 29 in Weston-super-Mare
Premier Inn Weston Super Mare Jct 22 M5 (Lympsham) Hotel
Premier Inn Weston-Super-Mare (Seafront) Hotel
Premier Inn Weston-Super-Mare (S...
#4 of 29 in Weston-super-Mare
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,316 reviews
Rookery Manor
Rookery Manor
#1 of 1 in Edingworth
Royal Hotel
Royal Hotel
#10 of 29 in Weston-super-Mare

Been to Batch Country House? Share your experiences!