“Our perfect Wedding day” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Batch Country House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lympsham
Batch Country House
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lympsham
Burnham-On-Sea, United Kingdom
“Our perfect Wedding day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We would both highly recommend the Batch Country House for a wedding venue and need not look any further!

> Right from the offset of booking the venue (after attending a wedding fayre here) right through the numerous conversations (my doing) through the amazing day itself and the day after as we said good bye to our guests.

>The help before the day was very gratefully received as things can get stressful, James was always available to check on details.

> James and his team could not have been more tentative on the day so thank you so very much for helping to make our day run like clockwork. No idea was turned down (and thanks for the spare tv we used to set the Wii up for the kids - kept them busy when they needed a break from partying).

> Special mention for Holly who really helped out with the children's table when it was meal time, which was another fantastic touch, she organised the running of the wedding breakfast with clockwork precision.

> The food was exquisite and catered for everyone's needs - even had extra helpings to go around for those that needed. The evening buffet was just as fantastic and we would recommend the chocolate fountain as this was very well received (adults and children alike).

> The bedrooms were stunning... our bridal suit was something else and the disabled facilities helped massively with our parents needs.

> The bar staff were just as helpful and were very patient with our children's requests!

> The grounds are absolutely stunning and we lots of pictures taken all around the grounds which offered different views and features.

> We have not got anything negative to say or anywhere improvements could be made - Our day was perfect :)

Many Thanks to the Batch Country House :) and again we would highly recommend.

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor offer excellent access. The honeymoon suites are amazing - we stayed a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We got married at Batch on the 16th May 2014 and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. We were the first couple of the year to get married outside in their new gazebo and it really made our day special. We couldn't recommend it anymore although you have to take a chance with the weather and we were very lucky. Our day ran like clockwork. The staff were always on hand to help and were very attentive. We choose canapés which all my guest loved. James allowed me to do as much or as little as I wanted and explained the staff would take care of everything else. The food at our wedding breakfast was out of this world. We had vegetable soup, roast beef and a trio of deserts and everybody said how tasty and delicious it was. All courses were brought out and cleared away quickly and the staff were well presented. We had the Somerset suit which I would recommend. We only had 100 guests on the evening but the room didn't feel empty and the fairy lights on the drapes made the room look fantastic. The BBQ on the evening was top quality and there was plenty of it. The rooms were of a high standard and the breakfast was lovely. This really is a great venue for a intimate country wedding with beautiful gardens for great pictures.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kim D
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We got married here on the 22nd September 2013 and this is the best place in somerset to get married

The food was amazing and the buffet was good also

The rooms are very comfortable and cater for all needs

Well done to everyone for a great day and for all your hard work

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had our wedding here a week ago and the place is amazing. It has beautiful grounds, the food was fantastic and the waiting staff were very attentive. The day overall could not have gone better and I would definately recommend the hotel it is a perfect venue, the only down side I would say is the owners who unfortunately are not the most welcoming or friendly. They know what they are doing but I would have preferred to have dealt with some of their staff who couldnt do enough for us which lets be honest when your spending that amount of money you want! Even the morning of the wedding when I bumped into them there was no "how are you feeling" etc not even a "good morning" was not impressed with this. But please dont let this put you of the batch, it really was an amazing day and the venue is stunning

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
james b, Owner at Batch Country House, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
I am very glad that the wedding reception went well, and the customer would recommend Batch as a perfect venue. I am sorry that I did not speak to the bride on the morning of the wedding reception. I must have been in deep thought about all the things that I had to organise for the wedding. As you can imagine it is quite a responsibility. However, I did chat extensively to the bride and groom on the several meetings before the wedding, and the night before the reception, and my wife spoke to the bride the morning of the wedding. I ensured our friendly staff spent time to make sure the day went smoothly and dealt with all the requirements. I regularly checked with the bridal party were happy throughout the afternoon and evening of the wedding reception. I also chatted to the Bride and groom the following morning after breakfast, to ensure they were very happy with everything.

I am glad that the day went smoothly, and the team at Batch made the wedding go well.

James and Anna Brown
Owners
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

The owners really understand how to support a couple put a wedding together. Nothing is too much trouble and the food is outstanding. Our friends and family were impressed with the professionalism and friendliness of all the staff and it made for the perfect wedding! Thank you, the Kisiels

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HappyCoupleLympsham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Just returned from a Wedding held at The Batch......The most perfect venue, large but still intimate, immaculate grounds, rooms definitely 4/5 Star, wedding food terrific and the staff always willing to help and with a smile. This is the only wedding I've been to where, without exception, all the guests agreed the whole experience was perfect......well done.

Room Tip: Comments from guests in our party were that all rooms terrific.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Spent the night recently at the batch after a wedding. Not being able to check in until after the wedding was unfortunate, but nothing to complain about really as the wedding was at 1pm. Had a super time catching up with my friends stopping briefly to check into the room before carrying on with the evening festivities.

Upon finally returning to the room, I found the two bails of towels per person was a fantastically generous amount of towels for two people and whilst I waited for my kettle to boil, decided to have a shower whilst admiring the worlds smallest bath, or is it the largest foot-bath? I have yet to decide!!! But I imagine it gets used loads! I then went to pour a cup of tea to finish off a fantastic day! It was cold! So I re boiled the kettle only to find it didn't work! It turns out that one needs employ a novel technique of holding the base of the handle into the charge part in order to actually give the device power. I suppose it does add fun when dodging the hot water that May spirt out of the top at the same time as risking possible electrocution.

However I am old school and prefer to do other things whilst the kettle boils, and not dice with death in the quest for a cup of tea. So as I was getting really thirsty by now I decided to phone reception to inform them in the hope they had a retro kettle or could at least provide safety gloves. I found the number list...... But could not find the phone.... After hunting the room for several minutes unearthing THREE bibles and now finding myself gasping for a hot drink I contemplated briefly using hot water from the Gnome bath at base of the shower but realised I had thankfully thought ahead and hand some juice in my bag..... Dehydration was no longer an issue!

As it was nearly three in the morning, there was nobody on reception or to be found. But I was by now soo tired I just went to sleep.

Breakfast was great and I was glad to see the provided tea, the old fashioned way. Oh it was the best but by that point anything would have done the job!

I must say the manager dealt with the situation well by informing me he knew about the phone and it had been replaced due to a faulty receiver but was not aware of the kettles being upgraded. I had to reaffirm my point that no phone was in that room and he said...."oh well". Literally my jaw dropped. Possibly, partly due to the long lasting effects from the previous evening, mostly due to his fantastic impression of Basil Fawlty!

I admire the fact he was not apologetic, and that he really was non committed and totally unaware of the goings on in his rooms especially when it comes to the appliances and rampant uncontrolled breeding of bibles a towels!!!

Anyway, if you think travel lodge is too good for you this is the place to be!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Archiex W
james b, Owner at Batch Country House, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
The customer attended a wedding here on Sunday 11th May and stayed overnight. The next morning I was at reception. He briefly informed me that there was no phone in the room, and he was having difficulty using the kettle. I was apologetic, and told him the phone was missing as housekeeping had found it to be faulty and a replacement had been ordered. I offered him the free use of a telephone, a replacement kettle and some complimentary coffee. He did not take me up on my offer. He left later that morning with other guests from the wedding party who were all very happy.
Upon seeing his review, I see he tried to contact us in the night about the kettle. He states he came down to reception and nobody was there. We do not have somebody sat behind the desk all night, but there is an internal bell on the reception desk which is linked to our private accommodation in case somebody needs to contact us. There is an A4 sized sign next to the bell to show its location. We would be more than happy offer him a replacement kettle had he rang the bell at 3am. As an alternative, we could have delivered a pot of tea to the room. I am sorry the customer had trouble making the kettle work at night, but I am happy he had a great breakfast in the morning and enjoyed a good pot of tea.
Having inspected the room we could only find one bible, as we are only given one per bedroom. We found the cordless kettle which is under a year old would work if positioned correctly. The room was occupied by different people the previous two nights who did not report a problem.
Regarding the bath size, the bathroom has recently been refurbished using a standard bath that is used in many hotels. The AA is quite happy with our fittings and has awarded us a 5 star guest accommodation rating. The low score on the value is unfair. We do not have a Travelodge near us, but the room and breakfast rate we give our wedding guests is very often cheaper at the week-ends than the nearest Premier Inn. In addition to the additional room cost, a taxi to the Premier Inn and back can be up to £25 return as they have to drive from Weston-S-Mare.
Yours sincerely
James Brown
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lympsham
Cabot Court Hotel
Cabot Court Hotel
#3 of 29 in Weston-super-Mare
Beachlands Hotel
Beachlands Hotel
#4 of 29 in Weston-super-Mare
Premier Inn Weston Super Mare Jct 22 M5 (Lympsham) Hotel
Premier Inn Weston-Super-Mare (Seafront) Hotel
Premier Inn Weston-Super-Mare (S...
#5 of 29 in Weston-super-Mare
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,270 reviews
Rookery Manor
Rookery Manor
#1 of 1 in Edingworth
Lauriston Hotel
Lauriston Hotel
#10 of 29 in Weston-super-Mare

Been to Batch Country House? Share your experiences!