Batch Country House
US$96
Rookery Manor(Edingworth)
US$73
Days Inn Sedgemoor M5(Cheddar)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$72
US$59
Priceline
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Travelodge Weston-super-Mare hotel(Weston-super-Mare)(Great Value!)
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
US$95
PremierInn.com
The Grand Atlantic Hotel(Weston-super-Mare)
US$105
The Sandringham Hotel(Weston-super-Mare)
US$107
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
All reviewswedding venuebridal suitedaughters weddingwedding breakfastevening buffetceremony roomperfect wedding daycharity ballreception roomevening receptionlovely venueheld our wedding receptionchristmas party nightmr and mrspot roastdance floorphoto booth
Reviewed 31 July 2010

Very lovely stay after a family wedding great food too. Really lovely venue would defintely use it again

Reviewed 28 July 2010

We stayed for two nights while attending a friends wedding reception. Overall we were very happy. The food was good and the staff were friendly. The wedding reception went really well. Our room was clean and spacious. We would definatly go back again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2010

I don't usually write reviews, but I was so cross after leaving this hotel that I felt I had to. We were staying for a friends wedding. Don't get me wrong, the food is fantastic, the function room is beautiful and as a wedding venue the place is lovely. However....we stayed at the hotel two nights and I was woken up both mornings at 5am by banging heating pipes. It was a struggle to get back to sleep with the sound of the owners children screaming downstairs. We had a meal the night before the wedding and overheard staff complaining about the guests. The next day, the owners wife was overheard talking about the guests. Not what you would expect when you consider how much my friends had paid them that weekend. I think its a shame, because it could be such a nice place, but is let down terribly by owners who make you feel incredibly unwelcome.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Neleh13Uk
james b, Owner at Batch Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2015

I am sorry to read your comments about your two night stay with us, and apologise for the pipe noise that woke you up. We were not aware of this until your departure and could have rectified this had we known sooner. There was a small amount of air in the pipes that caused some vibration. Since your review the heating system has been extensively updated. We now use environmentally friendly solar and biomass heating systems.

I am not sure if you heard noise our children or other guest’s children who were staying with us. However, I can tell you that the bedrooms have now been refurbished and the soundproofing has been upgraded. I am glad you enjoyed the venue, food and service during your stay.

However, I am sorry if you heard staff talking about customers. I do not know the reasons for this, but can assure you this is not a normal occurrence and I will do my upmost to make sure it does not happen again. We will offer a warm welcome if decide to return.

Yours sincerely,

James Brown
Owner

Reviewed 16 November 2007

We used Batch country hotel for our wedding - we had a civil service here and then a dinner and evening reception. We chose this venue above some others that we viewed that included the Battleborough Grange and the Woodlands hotel at Brent Knoll (lovely but too small for us).

The hotel is lovely with two large rooms and stunning grounds - ideal for wedding photography and enjoying a drink in the sun. Lots of features in the grounds like ponds, fountains and bridges made great photographs. They have a gazebo for outdoor services, which is what we had. Stunning views during a very special service that we thoroughly enjoyed from the lovely ladies at Bridgwater Registry. It was a dream to have an outdoor wedding and few places will offer this - it will not disappoint.

The rooms are also nice and clean. The food was excellent, so much lamb! generous portions and tasty. Only strange thing was that the sparkly was served in shallow glasses rather than flutes which made it easy to spill - but this is a minor point! The service was excellent - the staff very professional and fast and polite. The evening buffet was also very tasty so no complaints there. Breakfast also scrummy - not greasy at all.

James the owner is a great guy - very laidback and obvioously used to hosting weddings so everything went without a hitch.

We thought prices were reasonable and you get the whole hotel to yourselves, no need to pay extra like at some venues.

I have nothing bad to say about Batch - it is Perfect, so perfect for weddings and I highly recommend it. A lot of our guests said that it was the best wedding they had been to and I think that a lot of this is down to the venue. Thanks James.

• Stayed: September 2007