“Thank you”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Edingworth
U K
“Thank you”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I would like to thank all the staff, especially Penny for making our short break a very relaxing and special time. i would highly recommend this hotel. the food, service and cleanliness were all of a very high standard and were comparable to many of the 5 star hotels i have stayed in.

Room Tip: All rooms are of a very high standard
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I only used the spa here but it was lovely, some of the guests were a little loud but the staff were lovely: Kim on reception who is new was very friendly and patiently dealing with one customer after another while learning how to use the systems (never easy!)
My therapist Sophie D was very professional - I had an elemis tri-enzyme facial-I was taken into a room where the music comes through the ceiling so there is no faffing with CD players etc and with blue/purple dimmed lighting it was very calming. When I was ready to start treatment despite having a facial Sophie started the relaxation with my feet and it made a huge difference. The facial it's self was very relaxing: the facial itself made my skin a little oily after so if I had it again I would have the same but without the moisturiser at the end (I have oily dry wrinkles and blemishes!) it was such a relaxing experience and after I was able to relax on the wave chairs. Then Sophie took me for my pedicure: she was lovely to talk to and I enjoyed some fizz as well! I chose a very red colour and she painted my toes perfectly! I didn't have the delux pedicure but I would recommend it because then there is more skin treatment.
Overall it was such an indulgence and I went during the week when it is quieter so you can really make use of it and not be disturbed by louder guests; highly recommended and I will definitely be back ! (Especially to pick up my coat!)

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Overall - didn't live up to expectations. Breakfast service was space considering it was the morning after a wedding. Had to wait over 20mins for self service breakfast. Lights failed - had to use phone torch to get about. Beers not on pumps- cans in a fridge. Check out not sympathetic with failings

4 Thank Quantock2
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We booked a Dinner, Bed & Breakfast including use of Spa with Groupon. We had a room on the top floor of the Manor Hose which had beautiful views over the fantastic gardens. The room was nicely decorated & clean especially liked the "starry lights" !! The evening meal was really good, nicely presented with friendly staff ;-) the spa was very nice and when we were there really quiet !!! Overall a lovely night away.

UK
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the Rookery Manor to celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary. This was the first weekend where the temperatures peaked to 17 degrees with glorious sunshine, so we saw the Rookery at it's best, manicured lawns and gardens, piped music throughout, the grounds are beautiful and would appeal to weddings and private functions. Our room in the old house was on the top floor a lovely warm room - there isn't a lift! Our three course dinner and breakfast was okay l was expecting more which is where 'lacked substance' springs to mind, sometimes the little things really makes all the difference between 3/5 and 5/5! Overall a pleasant stay, great location to visit the beach at Weston super mare.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Arrived Saturday 8th March and stayed in Family Suite - Room 4 'Fruit' - spot on for 2 adults, 2 kids (3&5yrs). Quiet, warm and comfortable with greater shower.
Excellent, helpful staff on Reception and in Dining Rooms and b/fast was full English w/proper sausages/bacon.
Had very good evening meal in Restaurant and on Sunday experienced RM's catering and organisation for big event - faultless, professional and most enjoyable.
All in all I'd happily recommend Rookery Manor for large Family gathering or other celebrations.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank scott r
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Booked to stay at this hotel on groupon for £119 for 2 which included dinner bed and breakfast. When I originally booked this I was informed by the receptionist that the rooms in the manor house were much better than the lodge to which I requested that we have one of these rooms. She confirmed I had room 24 booked however when we arrived we had been moved to the lodge so wasn't very happy to start with, however when we got to our room it seemed very nice and had a balcony which looked out onto lovely country views. We had booked some treatments in the spa beforehand and I must say they were really good and really good value for money too. Alex my therapist was particularly good! The spa itself was very small and not many areas to go to. Luckily we got in early and it was quiet when we arrived as later on in the afternoon there must have been about 40 people in there - which is way too many for a spa that size. The dinner that was included was basic but nice. The bar staff and waiters were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the morning was disappointing - felt like I was back at school being served by a dinner lady! I would suggest a self serve buffet and more options for fruit/yoghurts etc. Was only given one ration on bacon so had to ask for more! All in all was a nice stay, and I was happy with the cheaper price I paid for the experience we had however this is definitely not a 4 star hotel and would not pay the asking price.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edingworth
Beachlands Hotel
Beachlands Hotel
#1 of 28 in Weston-super-Mare
DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House
Premier Inn Weston-Super-Mare (Seafront) Hotel
Premier Inn Weston-Super-Mare (S...
#6 of 28 in Weston-super-Mare
The Cleve Hotel & Spa
The Cleve Hotel & Spa
#2 of 2 in Wellington
Best Western The Webbington Hotel and Spa

Been to Rookery Manor? Share your experiences!