We spent a day and night at Rookery Manor, the view from our room was idyllic and beds comfortable. However we did think we were staying in someone's chic 1993 house, the bathroom blind didn't work and the window rickety, there was also no frosting on the bathroom window, which was worryingly at groin height, not good for the other residents. Woke up this morning and the room was freezing though and radiator seemed broken by the looks of it. We could have done with some lighting outside of our room building, the lights outside the front door didn't work and it was quite dark. However the room was clean and tidy.
The signage to the rooms were far from 4 stars, they were paper, stuck up with duct tape and masking tape retrospectively.
The Spa was a treat, nice and relaxing. The staff were pleasant and attentive, we had a really nice time, we didn't have to worry about anything. Decor inside the spa changing room and treatment rooms was lovely, clean and tidy.
Afternoon tea was different, it was presented lovely, however not all of it tasted very nice, the mushroom quiche was watery, sandwiches dry, like they had been left out all day and shortbread quite tough, however the lemon mousse, brownie and chocolate mousse were delicious. Our evening meal was lovely, we had scallops, seafood timbale, pork Wellington, chicken, the cheese board and lemon posset, the pork Wellington was divine, really tasty. Staff were attentive and were well deserving of their tip, it's a shame that they didn't seem to get a lot of tips from their reaction. We had a relaxing evening in the lounge area after dinner, with very expensive beer, £4.90 for a pint of Peroni, good job our champagne was included in with our package.
This venue is great for weddings, with the lovely gardens and function room types, I think its more suited as a wedding venue than a holiday/retreat place. Could do with a lighter airier place for the restaurant for non wedding guests.
All in all, it was a nice stay, we were well fed, breakfast was great and staff attentive, however some fixtures and fittings need some attention, the drainage needs sorting and some heat would be good in the rooms and dining room. Plus they need to widen the wifi reach, we couldn't access it in our room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome and exceptional service awaits you at 16th century Rookery Manor – the South West's award-winning, 4-star boutique hotel and spa.Set in the heart of Somerset, this historic estate is a beautiful backdrop for your spa break, wedding, corporate event, private party or dining experience.Owner Ian Clapp, whose family has lived at the manor for four generations, has created a unique venue with stunning lakeside gardens and a luxurious Elemis spa.Ideally situated in 28 acres of countryside, yet with easy access to the M5, Rookery Manor is the perfect hotel for all kinds of special occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms and Ebookers so you can book your Rookery Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rookery Manor Hotel Edingworth
- Rookery Manor Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset - Edingworth