“a great day out”

weston super mare
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a great day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2008

I have just read a review about Puxton Park being rubbish with nothing to do. I'm not sure when this was written but i have recently been to one of their event days with my kids and had a wonderful day out. There was so much to do that my 5 year old didn't know where to start and whats better still is that most of it was free and only £2 entry fee!! The falconary display and sheep trials were fantastic and really held my childrens interest. We did get some rain but the children went to play in a 3 storey playbarn which was very well supervised and gave me a well earned rest with a cup of tea!! The only negative thing i can think of was that i spent way too much money in the farm shop on the way out!

1 Thank jackjon

weston super mare
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our favourite place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2007

I do agree with the person that says puxton park is expensive - it is for a day, but if you live locally and get the annual membership it is well worth the money. We have been up there about 5 times now and had our money back on membership and you have the added bonus of just being able to "pop up there for an hour" to keep the kids entertained!

The play area is fantastic. We have an 11 year old child who is autistic. Due to her age and the fact that she is very tall she is no longer permitted to use play equipment like this - but needs to. Puxton have no height or age restrictions so for our situation it is the perfect place - and adults can use the equipment to so we all have great fun up there.

You are right, the farm is not fantastic at the moment - but its a new attraction and its coming up to winter so I think we should all give it a fair chance.

1 Thank kathgrom
Weston-super-Mare
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Disapointed to say the least.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2007

I took my family to this attraction on the opening day, I paid about £21 for the entry fee. We only live 5mins from Puxton farm so thougth great lets go and see what it is like.
There were a few sheep and cows in two different pens. And an indoor play area for the kids.
The area for the kids was well equiped but apart from that we had no where to sit with our picnic and there was little else to see or do.
I would not recomend this to any one who wants to entertain their children for the day there's not enough to do and the price it over inflated. I would rather go 40 miles down the M5 and pay 50 pence more to get into a place that you can spend the whole day at and still have plenty to do. I will let you work out where I mean.
My honest opinion is RUBBISH.

7 Thank joeyandmarky
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“totally not what i expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2007

Ok, this is what WSM needs,, just of th emotorway, lots of parking, clean fresh and most importantly, up to date... Great farm shop, butcher is the same one who is at Dart farms near Exeter so great quality.great place for kids , well thought out well worth a visit...

2 Thank juicey&furbey