“Beautiful place”
Review of Praia de Peixe

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marracuene
Praia de Peixe
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Wow, it is such a nice place relax and forget it all. I went there with friends and the experience was out of this world and more. The beach is beautiful and jusr makes thw stay at thw lodge more wonderful.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Lovely beach, Dont miss the fishermen coming in in the morning. Cute huts (bring your own towel) and à great restaurant/bar with delicious food (seafood, yummie). I was here with my son (5) and we were so spoilt, loved it!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Tucked away about 35km from Maputo on Macaneta Island , I found paradise !. An Awesome resort with chalets, camp and caravan sites and a fantastic restaurant. Unspoiled idyllic beach right on your doorstep, where you can walk for miles seeing no others , and as was the case with myself , a few whales frolicking in the surf! A true Gem of a place where relaxation and a total switch off from the hustle and bustle of daily living is the order of the day - Highly recommend for a True break!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank WarrenJohannesburg
Reviewed 29 August 2013

While visiting South Africa from the United States I decided on an impromptu trip with a friend to Praia de Peixe. Stephan the owner was kind enough to pick us up in Maputo at the Airport and return us. What a charming young man full of energy!
We had to cross the river from Marraquena to Macaneta Island on a true African fiery. What an experience! Nobody would believe how many vehicles and people they can fit on that fiery if you don’t see it with your own eyes.
Upon arrival at the lodge we were greeted by wonderful friendly staff and Boela the dog with an amazing meal of fresh caught prawns and a beautiful green salad.

The chalets with very comfortable and extra clean. Sheets were amazing. Grounds were beautiful and relaxing by the pool with a great book and great food and drink service from the restaurant was big part of my days.

The joy of hearing the ocean on the other side of the dune 24/7 beautiful walks on the unrepped beach every morning, watching fishermen fish at the crack of dawn.
And fun drives in the dunes on Stephan’s 4x4 John Deer. Stephan was there every minute to check on and provide entertainment for he’s guest. You are a tonic to be around.

I can not wait for my next trip to Praia de Peixe. Best Lodge on the island!!! It will become a definite trip on my yearly visits to South Africa from here on.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marelize D
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We were hosted at Praia de Peixe beach with a group of South African musicians on tour in Mozambique. What a breath of fresh air. We were basically the only guests there. The joys of having a whole beach to yourself for 4 days. The owner Stephan is an amazing host. The staff, Francisco the bar man and the chef, so accommodating, the food is amazing. The chalets have everything you need, a gas stove a fridge, microwave, plenty cutlery and crockery, pots. You basically just need to bring yourself. If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle and enjoy true Mozambican hospitality. Praia de Peixe is the place. I cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: The chalets are best if you are a group, they also have plenty space for camping.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Unathi M
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We were invited to Praia de Peixe for a quick break away by friends. As it is a quick drive from the bustling Maputo I did not expect much. Great was my surprise, after a memorable ride on a truly African ferry, to arrive at an island paradise!
We were tended to by amazing staff, served ice cold drinks and fed the most divine seafood lunch money can buy. (I still need that recipe Stephan!)
Praia de Peixe is well worth the visit... oh no scrap that.. it is an absolute must the next time you are looking for a little piece of heaven.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dirk V
Reviewed 20 May 2013

After the best wedding I could ever dream of, my husband and I decided we need to go somewhere not to far from Gauteng, we need to go to a place where we can rest and relax and a place where we can try out the new Jeep Wrangler.

Praia de Peixe was surely the best choice. With attentive staff, Stephan as an excellent host, family and friends from the lodge, the island dog and relaxed days with a slow start....

Stephan showed us some undiscovered lodges and a western bar, taking us around on his newly added John Deer 4x4 thingymaching. We explored the rest of the Macaneta island with our own new toy and the terrain was anything from a smooth easy ride to deep sand. Exciting...
Where in the world can one stand on a dune with the sea roaring on one side and the calm river on the next....just meters apart.

Highlights included the local fisherman, dawn, boat, nets and friendly assistance pulling out anything from a sole to a blue crab. It took them hours and we just sat and enjoyed a different world from ours. More than enough dolphins greeted us daily.

Food, cold drinks, bonfire, smiles and clean chalets all made our visit memorable. What I also enjoyed is people all over just popping in for a drink, making new friends and just saying hi...

Highly recommended.

Thanks Stephan... And the booking at the Maputo Southern Sun just topped our Honeymoon as one to remember for ever and always...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YolandeHattingh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marracuene
Catembe Gallery Hotel
#12 of 44 in Maputo
Lodge Quinta do Lourenco
Lodge Quinta do Lourenco
#2 of 8 in Marracuene

Been to Praia de Peixe? Share your experiences!