“Do Not stay here”
Review of Bridge Palm Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Toll Gate
Bridge Palm Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Toll Gate B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Do Not stay here”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Don’t know where to start, but if you get bored of my review, just read this part. (DO NOT STAY THERE) 8 of us arrived at 10 pm from a long flight from Gatwick, tired, restless and hungry. The purpose was to attend my Fathers funeral, of course we were all distraught and emotional. On arrival, our pre booked rooms were not what we booked, and they only had 4 rooms rather than 5 that was previously booked, and to top it all we were shown rooms at the rear of the hotel without Air Con, broken toilets, the rooms were shabby, broken furniture’s, dirty curtains, The overall experience was a disaster, it was 01:00 by the time we were settled after we finally gave up the fight.

The Hotel staff have no idea what the left hand is doing, the only pleasant person was the waiter (Kevin) he made our disastrous stay a little easier in the restaurant which was only opened for Breakfast, and at no other time

At one point we complained about Toilets not flushing, no water to shower. Ants, and cockroaches in the room, no one did anything. We only booked 5 night out of 10, hoping we could find another Hotel close by for the funeral. unfortunately due to funeral arrangement we had no time to look for another hotel, however, we were promised our same rooms would be ok for the duration. Yes you guessed it, on the 5th night we went back to confirm the remaining 5 nights, but were told the rooms have gone, and basically take what they had or leave, we had to pack up and move to another room which was no better that the first, the difference is the old type of broken furniture. we stayed another 2 night and left. I could go on and on but I want to forget that experience and warn others this is the Hotel from hell.

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Barry B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I have been to Bridge Palm Hotel more than once.. I had called an booked a room in April 2011 for 3 weeks in September when i had arrived the room that i was promised i did not got it the 1 i had got whenever the toilet flushes the bathroom flooded i was moved to a better room which was very nice but there is a very bad smell somewhere.I had finished 2 weeks the day to begin the third week i went to pay for that week my card started acting up so i told receptionist i will pay when i get back from off the street so he should make a note when i got back in the night they locked the door with my stuff in there i was very upset reason i already did two weeks meaning i am going nowhere so i paid for that night and get the hell out of no there..Other from that staff are very honest and friendly but the food no good but i liked it very quiet...

Room Tip: they have nice rooms just take a tour inside before settle in...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank audrey m
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I started planning my wedding with Owner not wedding planner MRS JOhnson back in
November 2010. I made all arrangements and downpayments w/ Mrs.Johnson everything was great. Four days before the wedding i traveled from the states to JA to finalize all payments. Mrs.Johnson broke all promises made in the contract. My signed contract meant nothing.. She told me I had to fit all my 70 guest into a room that only holds 40ppl. When i voiced my opinion she basically told me " WELL GO FIND ANOTHER VENUE" She had no remorse. Mrs.Johnson is not a ppl person and cannot handle problems when they arise, she is a LAIR...............as well as very rude and unprofessional. Bridgepalm usees the old BATE AND SWITCH method. She shows you all the glites and glamour of her establishment but when it time to deliver that's not what you get. MRS.Johnson is lucky she resides in JA because if this happened in NY i would have sued her [---]. I ended up finding another hotel at the last minute. HOTEL VERSALLES IN CLARENDON ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
13 Thank s s
BPCustomerService, Guest Relations Manager at Bridge Palm Hotel, responded to this review, 14 December 2011
Warm greetings from Bridge Palm Hotel, Jamaica! You are very important to us and we welcome the opportunity to speak with you on any matters that are important to you. Please e-mail us at (info@bridgepalm.com). Warm regards.

Travellers are raving about these Toll Gate hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I got married at Bridge Palm and was greatly disappointed with the service on the day. Mrs Johnson (management) made numerous promises and failed to deliver The room was not dresses with the colours requested no floweres on the top table, the menu differed from what was on offer. a very stressfull day.
Mrs Johnson (management) was no where to found on the day the most important day of my life, surly it was her duty to ensure that every thing ran smoothly from her end and at least be present on the day.
I would not recommend Bridge Palm to anyone unless Mrs Johnson takes a course in customer service .
Kevin (dj waiter barman cleaner dishwasher etc) your wasted at Bridge Palm if it wasn't for the inititive of this man the day would have been a total disaster.
Mr & Mrs B England

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
12 Thank ladyp624
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I love the space, food & pool. Staff is friendly and trust worthy. my stay was enjoyable. The bar is cool at night time. There is always a dog in the lobby but doesnt bother anyone at all i think he's old .....lol

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank shavon85
orlando
Reviewed 24 January 2011

booked reservation in advance when i arrived they did not have my room so after driving around looking for some where else to stay i was forced to return there so that my kids could have some where for the night i was put in a room all the way in back of the hotel with no air conditioning or telephone and there was no bathroom door in the room . The next day I was moved to a bigger room but any time you flushed the toilet the water would leak out on the bathroom floor I paid out over $800.00 in airline fees just to be able to go home four days earlier.So please dont be fooled by the digital photos on there web sight this hotel is not at all elegant and has poor service.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank rece54
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Stayed at this hotel for 10 days in July with colleagues working in May Pen, about 3 miles away.
The hotel specialises in weddings, but any that took place were never noisy afairs. Some of my colleagues were wakened each morning by a couple of pet parrots. They were pests, but I rarely heard them as my room was at the other side of the hotel.
My first room had no natural light unless the bathroom door was open and had a terrible mothball smell. My colleagues agreed I should move, so I was offered the bridal suite! It was a lovely room, with a really comfortable bed, big bathroom and a lovely balcony. It was almost twice the price of the other room, but the manager said she would give a discount.
The hotel has a pool, which I used a couple of times and it was fine, though it benefitted from a clean.
Breakfasts were poor, with no fruit available, which is curious for a country with such an abundance of all sorts of different fruit.
The rooms were air-conditioned and I slept soundly each night.
Some of my colleagues had an ant infestation and problems with their air-conditioning and had to be moved.
However, it was like the country of Jamaica. Much of it brings pleasure, but frustrating at the failures. All told, I would stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
#4 of 7 in Mandeville
Sunset Heal Jamaica
Sunset Heal Jamaica
#1 of 1 in Petersfield

Been to Bridge Palm Hotel? Share your experiences!