“Delightful property and host”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thompson
College Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Thompson B&B and Inns
Dunstable, United Kingdom
“Delightful property and host”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

During a recent trip to explore Norfolk I originally simply chose this as it was convenient for my first nights location. It turned out to be a wonderful find and a place I would heartily recommend to anyone visiting this lovely area.
The hostess, Katherine, was very welcoming and attentive even though she had a large evening party in residence. I had a lovely room and it was perfect for my needs.

After a sound sleep I was treated to a wonderful and extensive breakfast in an absolutely charmng dining room. The quality of the surroundings and the breakfast was suplemented by a wonderful view including deer grazing on the lawn.
I can't speak highly enough of the hostess' kindness and manner complimented by a beautiful house.
A place to which I will look forward to returning.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Shaun M
Katharine W, Owner at College Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Thank you for your very kind review and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will be able to come again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I stayed here just before Christmas whilst visiting family in the area. Lovely B+B in a gorgeous house. Katharine is very warm and welcoming and nothing is too much trouble.

For £40 a night it's value that cannot be beaten in the area. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Katharine W, Owner at College Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will come again
UK
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I found this to be a very old building with a lot of character, sloping creaky floors etc!
Katharine made me a cup of coffee after I arrived and she told me that I could raid the fridge during the night if I needed to.
I don't normally feel the cold, but even with the heating on, the room was cold all night. The room was very quiet as you would expect in the middle of the countryside.
In the morning when I came down to breakfast, there was a log fire burning in the dining room, which was very welcome.
In all a fairly pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Katharine W, Owner at College Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I'm sorry you were cold in the night. I wish you had asked me for another blanket, hot water bottle or electric heater, all of which I would have happily provided you with. There was also an electric blanked on the bed to keep you warm. I hope you will come again and I can make your next stay a bit warmer.
Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Katharine was very welcoming on our late arrival, which had involved a long drive on a Friday night. The farmhouse is in a quiet location and, also, very quiet and peaceful inside. A good night's sleep was had in comfortable beds and a delicious full English breakfast, tailored to our needs, to wake up to. I'd definitely stay here again if visiting the area again as it was very convenient for going to Norwich the next day.

Room Tip: Not all rooms had en suites, but do have a private bathroom, so you may want to check if that is som...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments. We are undertaking a major refurbishment programme this year so that all rooms will have modern, en suite bathrooms. I hope you will be able to come and stay again and see what we have done.
Chorleywood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2012

One of the friendliest welcomes I've received in a B&B. A lovely old house in a quiet spot surrounded by wildlife and flowers. Quaint with a beautiful breakfast room and 3 cats. The rooms are spacious and you feel as though you have stepped back in time about 20 years. Not luxurious but relaxing and away from it all. Katherine is a wonderful hostess and it's a real country farm experience. Make sure you ask for a room with an ensuite if that's important to you.

Room Tip: Not all rooms are ensuite so check before you book.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your kind comments. I really enjoyed having you to stay and hope you will be able to come again once I have finished modernising the bathrooms.

Been to College Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!