College Farm Bed & Breakfast
US$174
US$115
Bell Hotel(Thetford)
US$90
Travelodge Thetford Hotel(Thetford)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$158
SmithHotels.com
US$160
US$155
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I have to declare this is my 3rd visit to Collage farm ( and that says a lot ) Katherine and Richard are without any question the best hosts as others have said, they make you feel part of the place rather than a visitor. The breakfasts well they set you up for the whole day ,home made good old Full English ++++++++++ lots more The house is one of the oldest houses around and has history coming out of every brick .If anyone is on a visit to Norfolk from anywhere in the world they only have themselves to blame IF they miss this wonderful gem of a place .My thanks to Katherine for a great weekend .

Room Tip: flip a coin you can't loose
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gwyn B
Katharine W, Owner at College Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Thank you Gwyn for your fantastic review. It was lovely to see you & all the others for the Rally and I look forward to seeing you again next year with our brand new bathrooms.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Katharine is a fantastic host. Very attentive, she made us feel like we're visiting relatives instead of just guests. Hard to find a B&B that hasn't been gutted and re-furbed to be 'modern' these days, glad she hasn't done so with her property. As for the food, the full English breakfast included some tasty bacon from the local farm, portions are huge, afternoon tea cakes were delicious too. The rooms are warm enough, plenty of hot water in our cute en-suite mini-tub (we stayed in the double room with the wood panelling wall). The only slight criticism is how thin the walls are, and the floors creaked quite loudly as it is an old house. Light sleepers and loud snorers/talkers be warned! Would definitely come back again, really loved it!

Room Tip: Any rooms should be good, but perhaps choose one that's not across the shared toilet/shower for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Red_Notebook_1
Katharine W, Owner at College Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Thank you for your kind comments. We enjoyed having you to say and hope you will come again. We are about to make all the rooms en suite so the problem of being opposite the shared WC/shower will no longer apply and all the rooms will then be completely private. Sadly we can't do anything about the floorboards as they are over 500 years old!

Reviewed 2 March 2013

During a recent trip to explore Norfolk I originally simply chose this as it was convenient for my first nights location. It turned out to be a wonderful find and a place I would heartily recommend to anyone visiting this lovely area.
The hostess, Katherine, was very welcoming and attentive even though she had a large evening party in residence. I had a lovely room and it was perfect for my needs.

After a sound sleep I was treated to a wonderful and extensive breakfast in an absolutely charmng dining room. The quality of the surroundings and the breakfast was suplemented by a wonderful view including deer grazing on the lawn.
I can't speak highly enough of the hostess' kindness and manner complimented by a beautiful house.
A place to which I will look forward to returning.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Shaun M
Katharine W, Owner at College Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you for your very kind review and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will be able to come again soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

I stayed here just before Christmas whilst visiting family in the area. Lovely B+B in a gorgeous house. Katharine is very warm and welcoming and nothing is too much trouble.

For £40 a night it's value that cannot be beaten in the area. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Katharine W, Owner at College Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will come again

Reviewed 16 October 2012

I found this to be a very old building with a lot of character, sloping creaky floors etc!
Katharine made me a cup of coffee after I arrived and she told me that I could raid the fridge during the night if I needed to.
I don't normally feel the cold, but even with the heating on, the room was cold all night. The room was very quiet as you would expect in the middle of the countryside.
In the morning when I came down to breakfast, there was a log fire burning in the dining room, which was very welcome.
In all a fairly pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Katharine W, Owner at College Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I'm sorry you were cold in the night. I wish you had asked me for another blanket, hot water bottle or electric heater, all of which I would have happily provided you with. There was also an electric blanked on the bed to keep you warm. I hope you will come again and I can make your next stay a bit warmer.