“What a gem”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thompson
College Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Thompson B&B and Inns
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“What a gem”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This amazing 14th century farmhouse is an absolute treasure. Katherine could not have done more for us and her wonderful home cooking is a delight. The house is in a beautiful part of the country and I cannot reccommend it highly enough.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank stella b
Katharine W, Owner at College Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for your very kind review, particularly about my cooking! I always enjoy cooking for my guests and it is so nice when my food is appreciated. I hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Hove
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

We loved every minute of our stay at College Farm. Katharine is a wonderful host and made us feel very welcome. Our 9 year old loved staying on the farm and feeding Katharine's pigs. We enjoyed having afternoon tea in the garden with some of the other lovely guests and look forward to returning in the future. Thank you Katharine and Richard

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Hove156
Katharine W, Owner at College Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and I'm glad you had a good stay. I hope you will come again to sample my new cake recipes I am working on. Enjoy the summer holidays and I hope to see you all again soon.
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Had a really great time. Katherine made our stay really wonderful. Felt like a home away from home... She really made us feel welcome and the house is absolutely beautiful. The breakfast was a proper full English and the afternoon tea was a real treat. We would definitely come again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank K C
Katharine W, Owner at College Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Thank you for your kind review. It is always nice to get such positive feedback and know that people enjoy staying here as much as I enjoying having them to stay. I hope you will come again.
Thornaby on Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I have to declare this is my 3rd visit to Collage farm ( and that says a lot ) Katherine and Richard are without any question the best hosts as others have said, they make you feel part of the place rather than a visitor. The breakfasts well they set you up for the whole day ,home made good old Full English ++++++++++ lots more The house is one of the oldest houses around and has history coming out of every brick .If anyone is on a visit to Norfolk from anywhere in the world they only have themselves to blame IF they miss this wonderful gem of a place .My thanks to Katherine for a great weekend .

Room Tip: flip a coin you can't loose
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gwyn B
Katharine W, Owner at College Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Thank you Gwyn for your fantastic review. It was lovely to see you & all the others for the Rally and I look forward to seeing you again next year with our brand new bathrooms.
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Katharine is a fantastic host. Very attentive, she made us feel like we're visiting relatives instead of just guests. Hard to find a B&B that hasn't been gutted and re-furbed to be 'modern' these days, glad she hasn't done so with her property. As for the food, the full English breakfast included some tasty bacon from the local farm, portions are huge, afternoon tea cakes were delicious too. The rooms are warm enough, plenty of hot water in our cute en-suite mini-tub (we stayed in the double room with the wood panelling wall). The only slight criticism is how thin the walls are, and the floors creaked quite loudly as it is an old house. Light sleepers and loud snorers/talkers be warned! Would definitely come back again, really loved it!

Room Tip: Any rooms should be good, but perhaps choose one that's not across the shared toilet/shower fo...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Red_Notebook_1
Katharine W, Owner at College Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. We enjoyed having you to say and hope you will come again. We are about to make all the rooms en suite so the problem of being opposite the shared WC/shower will no longer apply and all the rooms will then be completely private. Sadly we can't do anything about the floorboards as they are over 500 years old!
Dunstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2013

During a recent trip to explore Norfolk I originally simply chose this as it was convenient for my first nights location. It turned out to be a wonderful find and a place I would heartily recommend to anyone visiting this lovely area.
The hostess, Katherine, was very welcoming and attentive even though she had a large evening party in residence. I had a lovely room and it was perfect for my needs.

After a sound sleep I was treated to a wonderful and extensive breakfast in an absolutely charmng dining room. The quality of the surroundings and the breakfast was suplemented by a wonderful view including deer grazing on the lawn.
I can't speak highly enough of the hostess' kindness and manner complimented by a beautiful house.
A place to which I will look forward to returning.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Shaun M
Katharine W, Owner at College Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Thank you for your very kind review and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will be able to come again soon.
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I stayed here just before Christmas whilst visiting family in the area. Lovely B+B in a gorgeous house. Katharine is very warm and welcoming and nothing is too much trouble.

For £40 a night it's value that cannot be beaten in the area. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Katharine W, Owner at College Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will come again
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thompson
The Willow House
The Willow House
#1 of 3 in Watton
Dog and Partridge
Dog and Partridge
#1 of 1 in Wretham
The Hare And Barrel Hotel

Been to College Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!