All reviews pacific trail suspension bridge breakfast and lunch resident biologist other guests deluxe cabina scarlet macaws costa rica hiking trails tide pools primary forest tour tropical garden sunset tour maintained trails tree climbing owners phil and kim buffet style
Reviewed 8 June 2018

IT WAS FANTASTIC. I cannot say enough nice things about this place. We rented a house. Fabulous view. Clean. The staff was terrific. We wanted for nothing. Great wildlife. I would suggest renting a car.

Room Tip: We had 4 people, so a house made sense. Great views and tons of wildlife.
1  Thank Ruschak
Reviewed 8 June 2018

My family and I stayed at Bosque del Cabo at the end of May. We chose Bosque del Cabo based on reviews and the price. The rainforest lodge was even better than we could have imagine. The property is beautiful, the trails are well-marked and they have a good variety of trails, the activities were fun, and our accommodations were beautiful. The owners and staff seem to have thought of everything you would possibly need.

We stayed in Casa Blanca, which was only a short walk away from the lodge where they served all of the meals - which were incredible. The house itself had a beautiful view of the Pacific and two bedrooms that were very comfortable. We were happy just sitting on the large porch all day.

Additionally, while the lodge was not at full capacity (only about 8-12 people total), every guest we met was so nice. We had an excellent time at dinner talking to them all, and even when on a couple excursions with the other guests. I get the impression that people who stay at Bosque del Cabo are well-traveled and genuinely nice people.

What really made the trip, though, was the staff. They went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and happy. Both of my parents have medical issues, which the staff was very sensitive to. They were fun to talk to and really made an effort to get to know you.

Room Tip: Casa Blanca was such a short walk to the lodge that it is good if you want a house on the property but do not have a car
Reviewed 7 June 2018

I can't recommend Bosque del Cabo enough. This is a true gem in the middle of the rainforest that is doing eco-tourism right. Every member of the staff I met was kind, upbeat, genuine, and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Two members of my family have mobility issues and had trouble walking well during our stay, and the staff consistently offered to go the extra mile by giving them rides, packing their lunches when they needed to eat in the house, picking up items for them in town, etc. Somebody even accompanied my mom into Puerto Jimenez when she needed to see a doctor, helped translate her needs to a pharmacist, and found an open pharmacy that would help her that day. Beyond this, Bosque del Cabo's grounds are exquisitely cared for, and you can't beat how much wildlife you see in any given hour / day. There was a constant parade of monkeys, tucans, parrots, and coaties right outside of our house. The excursions are also a once in a lifetime experience. I especially appreciated the primary forest tour with the resident biologist, Phillip, whose knowledge of the area's biology was fascinating and awe-inspiring. Bosque's Ecologist, Carlos, also took time to find poison dart frogs and a sloth during our tree-climbing expedition. The entire week was filled with breathtaking moments of witnessing a wide variety of wildlife day after day. Regarding beach access, if you have mobility issues or want to access the beach just by walking out the front door of your house, Bosque may not be the perfect place for you. But if the idea of a mini-trek through a rainforest down do a spectacular, miles-long, fully undeveloped beach at the base of a rainforest is your cup of tea, then I would highly recommend Bosque del Cabo to any capable adventurer. I would also recommend Bosque to any foodie who wants to stay healthy on vacation. All of the food is prepared fresh and includes lots of veggies / whole foods. Unlike most vacations, I definitely left healthier and than when I arrived, much due to the fresh food they prepared daily. Thank you Bosque for an awesome week!!

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We went to Bosque for a long weekend with several families. We drove from Santa Ana and it was an easy drive. We stayed in a great 2 bedroom cabin with an amazing ocean view! The grounds were beautiful and there was so much to explore. Kim and Phil are fabulous hosts! They planned several fun activities for our group. The food was incredible and the stuff was super friendly. We will definitely go back!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2018

Our family vacation at Bosque del Cabo was magical. We were in search of an exciting, yet relaxing vacation and we found it! We flew into San Jose and drove to Bosque del Cabo on the the Osa Peninsula. We enjoyed seeing other areas of Costa Rica on our drive but we instantly felt at home at Bosque del Cabo. We stayed in the Casa Blanca house and it was perfect for my husband and me and children (ages 20 and 23). We arrived later than expected and they happily accommodated us for dinner. The food was excellent, made from fresh, local ingredients. The staff was amazing as they catered to our every need, even offering to get groceries for us when they went into town. During the week, we experienced breakfast, lunch and dinner at the lodge and all were amazing. We saw an incredible amount of wildlife, many from the porch of our house, and others on trails or vistas. We saw howler monkeys, spider monkeys, toucans, scarlet macaws, parakeets, coatis, an anteater, a sloth, frogs and more! We hiked trails to the beaches and to the waterfalls. We were there in mid-to-late May, and it rained at least once almost every day, but we usually went hiking in the morning and then relaxed while it rained in the afternoon. We went to a local restaurant, Martina’s, for dinner one night and really enjoyed the food there as well (the tuna was amazing). But there was really no reason to leave Bosque. We did the primary forest guided tour with Phillip who was extremely knowledgeable. We also did horseback riding which was fabulous. I highly recommend both. We woke up every morning to the sounds of the ocean and the wildlife beginning their day. I can't say enough. It was a truly amazing vacation!

Room Tip: Check the Facebook page for more photos of the rooms and views.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family