“Perfect relaxing weekend with the family”
other travellers have booked this property
Dundream winner of Scottish Thistle best accommodation provider 2016/17
Stunning Mull of Kintyre en suite bedroom with spectacular sea views Dundream awaits you!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Dundream winner of Scottish Thistle best accommodation provider 2016/17
Stunning Mull of Kintyre en suite bedroom with spectacular sea views
Dundream awaits you!
Dundream House
Dundream sunset views over Mull of Kintyre
Spacious sunny lounge area out to decking area
View from North Rhins of Galloway coastline near Dundream
Spacious dining area with patio doors out to Japanese garden and decking
Relax in the Mull of Kintyre ensuite bathroom with large bath and Sonos audio
Spacious Category 1 accessible shower room on ground floor next to Glenapp bedroom
Family bathroom upstairs with relaxing bath and shower
Super king size double or twin bedded Glenapp bedroom suitable for Category 1 accessibility
Spacious Ballantrae family bedroom with panoramic sea views
Sunny twin bedded Loch Ryan bedroom with spectacular sea and land views
Spacious open plan kitchen
Irish ferry and Mull of Kintyre sunset from decking
Rugged coastline in winter North Rhins of Galloway near Dundream
Another spectacular Dundream sunset over Arran and Ailsa Craig
Pretty seaside village of Portpatrick nearby with seafood restaurants
Port Logan is a lovely beach with hotel in South Rhins of Gallloway
Mysterious misty morning at Dundream
Corsewall Lighthouse hotel and restaurant near Dundream
View of the majestic Glenapp hills on arrival at Dundream
Views on the runway decking at Dundream
Gaze at the dark sky or sunset in Dundream eco hot tub
Festive fun in the hot tub!
Sunrise over Glenapp hills
Elaine the owner!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
JensMa36
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“Perfect relaxing weekend with the family”
Reviewed 10 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

We planned a weekend away to celebrate my daughter's 18th and my 39th birthdays. While trawling through so many rentals this little beauty popped up. From the first moment i knew it was perfect. In reality it didn't disappoint. It was the perfect relaxing retreat. The house is finished to a very high standard, all the bedrooms are stunning, the master bathroom is amazing, the kitchen is fully equipped with everything you could ask for. All in all we couldn't fault it.

11 Jan 2017
Thank you for this positive review. It gives me great pleasure to read this regarding the "Dundream experience" being memorable for both your special celebrations!
GillDavis...
Bonnyrigg, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous Dundream”
Reviewed 23 August 2016 for a stay in February 2016

My husband and I and 2 children stayed here in February. It's a holiday we will never forget. The house was amazing and we all felt so relaxed. Just what we needed as my 12 year old son was due to have brain surgery in March so we wanted somewhere special which Dundream certainly is.
There were a couple of little points I wanted to raise with the owner and was most disappointed by her response which did taint our memories but all in all I would thoroughly recommend staying here if you want s slice of heaven

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
25 Aug 2016
Thank you for your review of Dundream. I am pleased that you and your family managed to have a positive experience at Dundream despite your disappointment at my response. Appreciative of your comments.
Ian B
Castle Douglas, United Kingdom
“Relaxation, happiness, fun”
Reviewed 10 August 2016 for a stay in April 2016

My second visit to Dundream was to celebrate my fiance's 30th birthday. We wanted somewhere we could have a few friends over for dinner and celebrate in a relaxed, happy way. We were able to do exactly that and everybody in the party was blown away by the quality of what Dundream has to offer. Dinner and a few drinks was followed by the Sonos system being turned on to provide some 80/90's classics, accompanied by 8 people dancing like nobody was watching (thankfully nobody was). Due to a nice spring evening it was possible to have the patio doors open and watch the ferry's disappear into the sunset as we celebrated. Keen to make the most of the ridiculously comfortable bedrooms and enjoy the surrounding area the next day, an early night was called and everybody retired to a peaceful slumber. Every day life had really washed away in a short space of time.

Waking up at Dundream is something quite special. The fresh air, views and tranquility set you up for a day of exploration perfectly. After breakfast and saying goodbye to our guests we walked down toward Corsewall lighthouse to explore the rugged coastline. It is nothing short of stunning. Later that day we visited Portpatrick and walked from the small seaside village out along the cliffs to Dunskey Castle (a short but highly recommended walk). On returning to Portpatrick we had a fantastic meal in one of the pubs and enjoyed a drink with the locals.

The rest of our week at Dundream consisted of short walks, reading, cooking and lazing around looking at the amazing views while discussing the meaning of life! The place is so inviting that you can find yourself spending a full day there in total relaxation without feeling the need to go anywhere else. Especially when there is an eco hot tub where you can listen to the crackle of logs burning and feel warm and cosy in the safety of the great outdoors!

In short - an amazing place and we will definitely be back!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quality of the whole place is outstanding from walls & wardrobes to forks & fittings
Liked least: We had to give the keys back and leave!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
25 Aug 2016
I am blown away with this review. Thank you! Appreciative of your attention to detail and enjoyment of the Dundream and surrounding area experience! Look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Chris T
“Stunning Home”
Reviewed 4 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Dundream is a fantastic home with beautiful surroundings and a log burning hot tub. Great when it was a bit chilly.

I can not state how nice this home was. The interior was stunning and my family and friends loved the time spent there.

If I could I would have a house like this!

Highly Recommend.

Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 35-49
5 May 2016
A sheer delight to read your review and it makes everything worthwhile. I am glad you love it as much as I do. Please visit again soon!
emwfi
Llanrwst, United Kingdom
“Beautiful house, perfect location”
Reviewed 27 October 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I love visiting Scotland and we usually go to the Highlands and Islands but this year we decided on Dumfries & Galloway, mainly because I wanted to stay at Dundream! I'd found it on the web and it ticked all the boxes - fantastic location and views, beautiful house and plenty of space for the children to play safely. I have to say it didn't disappoint. Elaine was there to welcome us on arrival and was extremely helpful. The house is beautifully decorated and has a really calming vibe. The views are ever changing and there's always something different to see, whatever the weather. The kids loved watching the ferries go by and also loved seeing the housemartins going back and forward to their nests. I loved the wood fired hot tub in the garden. All in all a wonderful place to stay. Highly recommended. Elaine - sorry it's taken me so long to post this review!

Liked least: Having to leave
Travelling group: Extended Family
Older travelers Families with young children
28 Oct 2015
Thank you for your fabulous review. I am so delighted it suited your holiday needs and you found it relaxing as Dundream was created to provide this ambience. Glad you enjoyed the eco hot tub too! Hopefully see you again soon.
conlon02
paisley
“OUT OF THIS WORLD”
Reviewed 5 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Dundream is just as its named ..... Dream House , Spacious is an understatement. Every window has a different view . We went for a week and its honestly the best holiday considering we have travelled all over the world. Our parents enjoyed the weekend with us then my husband and I continued to enjoy the remainder of this outstanding well and truly five star house.Spent the evening with main patio doors open enjoying the tranquillity and amazing sunsets, ate out most days and walked to the lighthouse however really couldn't wait to return to Dundream. I could go on for ever , have taken all your cards to share with my friends and to advertise in my shop Elaine. Thank you for the beautiful flowers Honey, Jam , oat cakes and ice on arrival ... such a warm welcome. Cant wait to return , beautiful memories forever. THANK YOU X

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Travelling group: Extended Family
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
6 Jul 2015
Thank you for this amazing review! I am so delighted that you all enjoyed the "Dundream Experience" and your feedback on Trip Advisor and in the visitor book was so detailed and appreciative of all the features at Dundream. It makes it all worthwhile! Best wishes Elaine
nooooddy
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Absolutely superb”
Reviewed 24 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

My wife, two young girls (3 & 1yo) and I had the pleasure of staying at Dundream for a few days this February. After doing lots of interweb research we thought this place looked the business for a relaxing half-term break and we weren’t disappointed: this place is stunning!

Firstly, the actual house itself is beautifully designed and decorated. It’s spacious, welcoming and wonderfully accessible while appearing modern and tasteful. We’ve stayed in some high-end places before that you can tell are trying really hard to look ‘up market’ but really its a bit of a veneer and that, beneath the surface, things are a bit cheap. At Dundream it’s clear that no expense has been spared and some serious time and energy have been expended on making this a holiday home of the very highest standard. As such it’s contents are extremely high quality, with wonderfully snug furniture, expansive multi-glazed windows, stunning wood-burner, epic bathrooms and plush bedding, to name but a few things. The addition of the Sonos system (now fully operational) and 3D-TV added a sprinkle of technological fairydust that blew my mind (and that of my wife and kids).

It goes without saying that the views from the house are spectacular. Whether you’re sipping your morning coffee while looking out across the sheep-speckled fields, watching a ferry making its way to Ireland or gazing up at the heavens on a clear night, marvelling at the number of stars you’ve never seen before - your breath will consistently be taken away and your blood pressure gently lowered by the sheer tranquility and beauty of it all.

Despite the pretty vicious February weather the girls and I enjoyed exploring the local area, visiting Stranraer several times, as well as the Cocoabean chocolate factory, Castle Kennedy Gardens, Lady Bay and the lighthouse restaurant. Castle Kennedy is only about 15 mins away and is pretty epic in terms of the space you have to explore and the sheer majesty of the land and views. Lady Bay was quite nice too. The girls loved Cocoabean (although the giant slide was shut when we visited). Mostly though we just loved being in Dundream!

I spent a few hours one day getting a raging fire going in the outdoor hot tub, desperately trying to raise the temperature of the water to 20 degrees despite it sleeting outside - a pretty stupid idea really and a bit of a waste of wood. I did eventually jump in but it was way too cold to be pleasurable! I’m sure it will be incredibly relaxing during the summer months though.

Regarding the Sonos system, we found it utterly intuitive and fantastic fun but others appear not to have realised that if you log into your various music accounts during your stay in Dundream, please remember to log out before you leave. Otherwise all future guests will be able to see and make use of all of your playlists, songs etc! Go to Settings > Manage services to log out of stuff before you leave.

Overall I have no hesitation in recommending Dundream. It is a superb holiday retreat, crafted with care and attention to detail and an ideal base at which to unwind for several days or explore the local area. I only wish we could afford to visit several times a year for the next decade!

Oh and I should add that Elaine and her friend Jo are absolutely lovely and enhanced our experience with superb communication, insightful recommendations and generally being lovely. We didn’t actually get to meet Elaine as she was busy during the time we visited but I had several email convos with her. On arrival we met Jo who kindly welcomed us and showed us around the vast house, making sure we were comfortable before wishing us well and leaving us to it. Great service all round!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views, the woodburner, Sonos, the bath!
Liked least: Being exceptionally nitpicky - the kitchen tap squeaks a little occasionally - but its not a big deal at all.
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Older travelers Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
3 Mar 2015
Thank you for this truly breathtaking account of "Dundream holistic retreat" It is so pleasing when guests stay at Dundream and capture the detail of the experience and go home feeling the better of it.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing