“Awful service and mediocre food (when available)”

Angel Cake & Dessert Cafe
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Bangsaen
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Came for lunch with some friends just before 1PM. As a visitor with no phone plan (Thai but has lived in the US for 20years), I asked for the WiFi password. The employee looks at me like she didn’t know what I was talking about then she said “maybe but it might be off right now.” Oh alright, thanks? It was off.

Ordering the food was a painful process. I ordered a dish off of their separate specials menu...nope, they’re out. Alright, changed to green curry...out. Basil beef? Nope. Apparently they’re not offering about half of the dishes on their menu. A friend ordered a dish where the calamari was supposed to be deep fried (as written on the menu and repeated by the waitress) but it was instead stir fried which does not result in the same crispiness. Another friend asked about a caramel drink, the waitress answered her question but failed to tell her until later that they no longer serve that drink. I asked about the “shakerato” drink..what is it? The mousey waitress looks at me and said...coffee?? while pantomiming a shaking motion then leaves to ask another employee. She comes back to tell me that it’s just coffee that they shake. K.

As for the food...super slow and came out about 5-10 minutes apart plus I had to ask for silverware which normally isn’t a big deal but I really had had it. Food tasted...meh. The Thai food was slightly better than the foreign menu. My little sister ordered salmon lasagna and I’m pretty sure their “tomato sauce” is ketchup. I’m experienced in both Thai food and American food so I’d say my opinion is valid.

But really..this place is supposed to be a cake and dessert cafe yeah? You could argue that food isn’t their specialty, fine. Well, as seen in the picture it seems like they’re lacking in the dessert department too. You’d think that at 1PM they’d still have a bunch of desserts. So in the end, it was a disappointment and I will not come back

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Very delicious cake and coffee . Nice place english garden . Chilling with friends , friendly staff.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

for the past 4-5 years ago ....this restaurant is the best in this area ,but now they can not maintain the standtard

Reviewed 20 May 2017

I go here quite regularly.The cakes are to die for (all baked in-house) and the coffee an excellent brand. It's comfortable quirky and peaceful. Yes it's a little more exspensive than some,but the decor and service makes up for that. Lovely seating areas which are calm and relaxing.European style fixtures and fittings set the whole mood,but try it yourself,don't take my word for it. Great for a romantic coffee and chat.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

We just moved back to the area and a friend recommended this shop which is on the Nong Mon Bypass Road. A delightful setting with plenty of parking and a friendly, cheery interior design. The wait staff is professional and attentive. The menu is well presented and full of Western and Thai dishes as well as plenty of desserts. We already had lunch so my wife and I shared a beautiful, crispy french toast with strawberries/raspberries served with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. This along with a latte was the perfect dessert. Our friend had a pasta dish which she loved.

You cant's go wrong here.