“Italian food but with a hint of Bahia”
Review of Sapori d'italia

Sapori d'italia
Ranked #3 of 56 Restaurants in Barra Grande
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 September 2016

I was very pleasantly surprised by the impeccably presented food served in this restaurant. Michela and Stefano are two delightful Italians who love experimenting and discovering the perfect combination of Italian food using the best locally sourced ingredients. The result is mouth watering and I will certainly return on my next visit.

Reviewed 9 September 2016

Sapori di Italia is run by an Italian couple, Stefano and Michela, who moved to Barra Grande as a lifestyle choice, to downsize from Milan. The result is an intimate and relaxed atmosphere, personal service and great conversation (if, like us, you arrive at the end of the night and they choose to have their own meal at the table next to you once the kitchen's closed.) They offer a fairly small, but varied menu, which is always a good sign in my opinion as it suggests the ingredients have not been hanging around. Many of the dishes are served with Michela's home-made pasta and the choices of sauces and seasonings are creative and, at least in the case of the two dishes my wife and I chose, have a delicate balance that is very welcome after a week or so of exuberant Bahia-style food full of chile and palm oil.
We were celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary and the food was well up to the occasion. I had fillet steak medallions in a green pepper and lemon sauce (although it may have been lime, since the word is the same in portuguese) and my wife had prawns (or shrimp, depending on your flavour of English) in a ginger sauce. Both were perfect and Stefano's idea of medium-rare coincided exactly with mine. The prices are reasonable if you earn in Reais, cheap if you're a European or American. We have paid much more for much less quality.
I have only ever written one other review on Trip Advisor, for what I think is the best restaurant where we live, in Florianopolis. Sapori di Italia is the only restaurant that has impressed me enough to write another one!
Try it, you won't regret it.

Sapori_BarraGrande, Proprietario at Sapori d'italia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Dear Mr Robert, Mrs Regina !
Many many thanks for staying with us, we loved our conversation too!
It was a great pleasure for us to attend you and your wife in a so important and special day!
Would like to express my grateful also for your high opinion of our restaurant, our food and our efforts !
Hope to see you soon!
Muito obrigado!
Michela e Stefano

Reviewed 25 January 2016

great little place..under the tree..the owners make the food themselves..few options..but what great food!!!

Reviewed 2 March 2015

We enjoyed the first dinner there so much that we came back for a second, which was even better. The filet mignon was excellent and the gnocchi was the best I've ever had. We had a chance to talk with the owners, who are very nice people. In addition to being the best meals we had, they were also very reasonably priced.
If you're in Barra Grande, this restaurant is a must. You won't be disappointed.

Sapori_BarraGrande, Proprietario at Sapori d'italia, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2015

Thank you very much for staying wih us !!
Hope to see you soon !
Michela e Stefano

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Me and my partner loved Sapori d'italia. We ate there every evening in the last season, it was amazing. The dishes are a delight, especially loved the hand made Gnocchi. All was very tasty.
Highly recommended!