“Flies”

Daylesford Organic Farm Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Daylesford Organic Farm Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Daylesford
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited yesterday and I was really looking forward to purchasing organic quality items from the food hall. Oh dear! I was shocked and appalled to see flies crawling over the fish, quiches, pies, everything. This is totally unacceptable in a establishment such as this where prices are high and standards should be even higher. No attempt was made to prevent this from happening the food being only half covered by glass. Consequently I came away without buying anything.
I had just eaten lunch I dread to think what the kitchens were like. I had poached chicken salad tasteless breast with an undercooked wing looking revolting. These people don't care - don't bother going.

2  Thank Irene W

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Style over substance. Variable quality. I popped in as I was in the area and looking for something other than a local petrol station. I had haricot beans and basil dressing with cream and a mint and feta samosa. Plus their version of Caesar salad. All the right intentions are here. Fresh salad lots of beans and pulses organic etc. But overall the quality was not what you would expect at these mind boggling prices. Don’t forget that hippy cafes were serving up pulses and beans in the 1970’s in rather more basic accommodation. The Caesar salad was smothered in an incredibly salty dressing. The haricot beans were nice but at £7 for a serving they can see you coming around the corner in your Range Rover from about a mile away. I don’t object to this kind of place as matter of principle we should encourage anywhere that is trying to serve decent food in Brexit land. But what slightly peeves me is that at these prices it should be generous in quality and nothing less than perfect. Almost. But not quite. It won’t stop me going back for a second try.

1  Thank MIKE D
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went for a drive with my dog Magic for breakfast at Daylesford on Monday, although I had my dog with me I was made welcome by the staff and enjoyed a great breakfast and a bit of shopping afterwards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The quality of the food was excellent and the atmosphere was fresh and happy. The service was very average and the waitresses really did not seem bothered which put a bit of a bad spin on the experience. It is a shame when the chefs do so well but the team let the experience down. The rest of the farm was wonderful.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Ate in the Old Spot and we both had pizza - freshly cooked and very good. Delicious dessert and good coffee. Unfortunately, I failed to notice 10% service was added to the bill so I gave our waitress a 10% £6 tip. She accepted this without a word to me that service had already been added - a bit naughty (I wonder where that £6 went !!). You live and learn. Daylesford is a lovely place and the place 'to be seen' it would appear. Didn't realise you could stay there, but having looked at the sky-high prices, I don't think we'll be doing that.