We stayed at Jeeva Klui for a total of 8 nights which included the NYE. December and January are within the wet season for this part of Indonesia and we had a mixture of total washout, the occasional rain as well as some days of glorious sunshine!
Despite the mixed weather, we had a great time staying in Jeeva Klui Resort. The reception staff checked us in efficiently, and we felt comfortable in the resort almost immediately. We had the Ananda Segara Sunset View suite, which is on the upper floor of the double storey villas located right on the beach. The architecture reflects the local tradition and gives out a really laid back vibe. The room is tastefully furnished with a large comfy 4 poster bed, and a huge daybed out on the balcony. There are plenty of room for the clothes in the walk-through wardrobe behind the bedroom leading to the bathroom. The room looks out west towards Bali and on a clear day, the view of Mount Agung is just spectacular, especially looking out from our own balcony.
In short, these are the positives:
1. Huge, well maintained garden
2. Private beach
3. Outstanding service overall, especially in the restaurant (Dini seemed to address most of the guests by their name after the first introduction - very impressive!)
4. Spacious, very clean room, great housekeeping service
5. Spa pavilion perched on the hill with open view towards the ocean (albeit not very private)
6. House reef with plenty of fish and recovering corals (you need to be a strong, sensible swimmer though, as the snorkelling spots are beyond the surf and drops down to more than 5 metres, and the current can be strong at times).
1. You can hear the occasional local traffic as the main road is not very far from the resort
1. Fresh, delicious food in the restaurant but I found the local dishes not spicy enough- just ask them to bring out a small bowl of sambal which they often oblige without fuss
2. On a rainy day, dining space in the Waroeng restaurant can be quite limited
We really enjoyed Lombok, and are planning a return trip already! Thanks to the outstanding management and frontline staff at Jeeva Klui for maintaining such a gem of a resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near Sengigi on a private sandy beach, Jeeva Klui is a 35 suite and villa resort. All suites face westward and have ocean views with 18 absolute beach front suites. Jeeva Klui combines traditional Lombok design with modern comfort to create a unique tropical Indonesian experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jeeva Klui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jeeva Klui Hotel Mangsit
- Jeeva Klui Resort Lombok/Mangsit