“Sad to leave”
Review of Jeeva Klui Resort

Jeeva Klui Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mangsit
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I selected Jeeva based on a recommendation in the Lonely Planet Guide and trip advisor reviews.
I was not disappointed. I cannot say anything negative about my stay here. From the time we arrived we were greeted with friendliness and I felt very positive vibes. We arrived early and was able to check in to our unit. This was greatly appreciated since we had travelled from Canada.
It is very obvious that the owner of this resort is environmentally conscious and believes in sustainable development. There is a large amount of locally/sustainable materials used in the construction of the units. I also like the fact that there is not a lot of plastic and paper products being used in the restaurant. Even at breakfast cloth napkins are used and I don't recall seeing one plastic glass.
Jeeva truly cares about their guests comfort. They are extremely responsive in rectifying any issues. For instance when we checked in there were no toiletries in the shower. No sooner did I notify reception and someone brought it. Literally within less than 5 minutes. Also in early evening we noticed that there was no hot water. Again we notified reception and maintenance personnel was there within a few minutes. It turned out that the element in the hot water tank needed replacement. It was already getting quite dark and he was working with a flashlight since the tank was outside. We told the gentleman that he could leave it and work on it the next day but he continued to work and we had hot water that night.
All of the staff are extremely friendly and accommodating. There appears to be a great deal of camaraderie among the staff. They are relaxed and appear to be happy. Kudos to management for creating a work environment where the staff appear to be genuinely happy. I even asked one of the staff if this is a nice place to work and was told it is like a family. In fact this is the way we felt during our stay. Of course most of the interaction we had was with the restaurant staff and they were all very attentive.Dini is bubbly and always had a nice smile. She recognized our name as a german name and actually spoke to my husband in german. Ken was very helpful and outgoing. When i asked him about shopping he recommended a very good store where I did all my shopping.Bayan Lombok is a grey place to pick up locally made gifts at reasonable prices. Prices are fixed. Ria was always pleasant and accommodating if we needed anything. If you want to know about the Sasak culture Jin is extremely knowledgeable and very proud of his Sasak heritage. He gave us a lot of information about the history and explained what the dancers were portraying on the night they were at the resort. He was a bit reserved at first but soon relaxed once I asked him about the culture.
With regards to the food. I would say it is the best I have ever had at a resort and I have stayed at many resorts in the Caribbean and a couple of times in Bali.It is fine dining with without fine dining prices.The presentation was wonderful and it is obvious Chef Ruslan takes a lot of pride in presentation. I did not one have a dish in which I was not disappointed and we ate all of our meals at the resort.The devil chicken was fantastic and I asked if I could have the recipe and he kindly gave it to me the next day. If you need your dish spicy he will gladly do it for you.

The beach is not the best I have seen but I knew that beforehand ( I am comparing to the Caribbean and Thailand). We went to Lombok for the cultural experience. It is however kept very clean by hotel staff. There are rocks in the ocean so water shoes are useful. There are a few vendors on the beach but they are not aggressive. We really enjoyed talking to them.

If one is interested in good quality pearl jewellery Lombok Pearls Collection in Mataram has a very good selection They also provide a Certificate of Authenticity.I found the prices reasonable but I am comparing it to North American prices.

I really felt sad when I left the Jeeva and I hope I could return one day but it is a long way from Canada. The management is to be commended on the selection and training of the staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Supriyanto S, Owner at Jeeva Klui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

What a great review! Thank you for your many positive comments. In particular, thank you very much for your thoughtful recognition of our staff members and confirmation of the fact that our staff is very happily dedicated to our guests and to Jeeva Klui's culture. We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you'll be able to join us again in the future. In the meantime, Happy Travels!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed here for my girlfriends 21st birthday in the middle of a months travelling around bali and lombok. It was truly amazing and we loved every minute of being at jeeva klui. I emailed prior to arrival and asked for a surprise welcome for my girlfriend and the staff sorted a complimentary birthday cake and also had roses delivered. The staff were amazing throughout and couldn't do enough for us. The view from our room was breathtaking and we loved sitting on our balcony in the evening waiting for the sun to go down. We had dinner overlooking the beach and the food was amazing as was breakfast and the complimentary afternoon tea was also a nice touch. All in all this is one of the nicest resorts we have stayed at and we will always look back with very fond memories of our stay.

Room Tip: 1st floor with a sea view was amazing and very private especially the room on the outside of the res...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neil P

Thank you for choosing Jeeva Klui for your girlfriend's birthday celebration - we're glad that we could help you make that a very special occasion. Our staff really enjoys the personal aspect of creating happy events for our guests. Many thanks for this very kind review and Happy Travels!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was one of the most memorable holidays due to the attentive nature of the staff and the exceptional facilities. On leaving the resort we got the feeling we were leaving home. The staff were calling us by name and reserving our preferred table at the restaurant and the food was wonderful. I honestly think I had the best massage of my life while lying in spa room listening to the waves. There was a turtle that popped his head up morning and night off the shore and we watched him from the infinity pool. It was quiet and exclusive and we would have happily stayed there for many more days. Thanks go to Amat in the restaurant and Detta (sorry this is probably the wrong spelling) in the spa.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Supriyanto S, Owner at Jeeva Klui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Wow - thank you for this very kind review! We're delighted to hear that you had such a great stay with us. We'll extend your appreciation to Amat and Decha. The relaxed tranquility at Jeeva Klui is something we carefully nurture for our guests. Once again, thank you for your many kind comments and for choosing Jeeva Klui. Happy Travels!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

hi....we stayed at the jeeva klui for our honeymoon in pool villa for 7 nights...the villa was great with a nice pool and a out door shower....its was very private....the service at the resort was fantastic....the breakfast was to die for....the staff were very attentive....one of the workers by the name of dhedy iskander was amazing with his very happy go lucky attitude...always smilling and waiting to service your every need....the jeeva klui is probably one of the best bouitique resorts in Lombok with out a doubt....we caught afew cabs at night into town for afew dinners which cost us $2.50 one way...I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone...its heaven on earth!

Room Tip: a pool villa is the way to go
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for this enthusiastic review and for choosing Jeeva Klui for your honeymoon! We're very happy that you were able to celebrate with us. We'll pass your compliment on to Dedy. Congratulations on your wedding and very best wishes for your future!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Staff very attentive and friendly without being overly so, beautiful villas ('traditional') with access to the beach and a place you can fall asleep to the crash of waves. Lots of different nooks to spend time whether by pool, exploring the small reef or having a massage. A place to relax with everything that you need - the afternoon tea (free) / happy hour (try the Berrytini) were not expected and a lovely touch. Very laidback but attentive approach to service. Breakfast overlooking the ocean is a must.

1  Thank BlueStarfish

Many thanks for your nice review. We're glad you enjoyed your visit with us and were able to fully appreciate all the different amenities to enhance your stay! Happy Travels!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We are currently staying here to celebrate our wedding anniversary and could not be happier with our choice. The Jeeva Klui is without doubt, the best boutique hotel we have ever stayed in throughout our many years of travelling in Asia.

The facilities including room, restaurant, spa and scenery cannot be faulted and we are so happy to be here. The staff are amazing, remembering us by name every time and making us feel special with every encounter. My only suggestion would be that staff always wear their name tags so we can return the courtesy of addressing them by name also.

We splurged on the Ananda Deluxe Beachfront room however considering the quality and layout of the hotel, we believe any room would give you the same blissful experience, kicking back on your day bed and listening to the waves rolls in.

Will recommend to everyone we know who may be contemplating Lombok as their next holiday destination. Just perfect!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Supriyanto S, Owner at Jeeva Klui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Thank you very much for this outstanding recommendation and for choosing Jeeva Klui for your celebration. And thank you for your comment about staff name tags. We are currently in the process of updating their name tags. We're delighted to hear that you're having a lovely time with us and congratulations on your anniversary!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed for 5 nights as a family of 4 in one of the 'amra' villas. The villas are beautiful, perfect size for a family of 4. The staff are friendly and service is excellent, nothing is too much trouble. The hotel were really helpful in sorting a car and driver for our further travels. The room is thoroughly cleaned in the morning, then you get a service again in the evening to get the room ready for bed and mosquito spray etc We had hoped that we'd be able to walk along the beach to get into senggigi for dinner in he evening, but you can't due to the distance and the rocky outlets, however a taxi only costs £1.20 each way into town, so very cheap.
Dinner at the hotel is excellent quality, and only slightly more expensive than town prices. Although the drink prices are more expensive than town, happy hour makes the cocktails quite reasonably priced and were delicious!
Really delicious breakfast and afternoon tea is complimentary (mini appetisers, fresh fruit etc)

The whole resort is beautiful and relaxing and high quality with attention to detail. This is by far the best hotel we've ever stayed in and we didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank marmoo

Many thanks for your positive review and great compliment! We're really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you chose Jeeva Klui for your vacation. Happy Travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mangsit
Qunci Villas Hotel
Holiday Resort Lombok
Holiday Resort Lombok
#7 of 7 in Mangsit
Katamaran Hotel & Resort

Been to Jeeva Klui Resort? Share your experiences!