“Tropical dream in Lombok”
Review of Jeeva Klui Resort

Jeeva Klui Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mangsit
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed at the Jeeva Klui resort (in the private pool villa) for our honeymoon and we simply loved it! It's a real private getaway, right on a rather small beach, with amazing view on Bali's mountain peek. Our private pool villa was a real getaway, spacious, very clean and nicely decorated. The food at the resort is very good, including breakfast, dinner cocktails etc. But most important, the staff was just amazing, fulfilling every wish we had, always friendly and attentive. We had an unforgettable romantic dinner at the beach, which we recommend anyone who wishes to celebrate something special.
Negative points: nothing directly related to the hotel, but we would not recommend to book the Gili tour with the agency that the hotel works with. It's very basic for a relatively high price. It's not really a tour, where the staff explains anything, but rather a shuttle service with some basic snorkeling equipment. I'm sure there are better ways to get to the Gili islands.

Room Tip: Choose either the rooms with full sea view or the private pool villas, depending on what you are loo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LZmyslow
Supriyanto S, Owner at Jeeva Klui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for choosing Jeeva Klui for your honeymoon! We're very happy that we were able to help you celebrate this momentous occasion in style. We are honored to share in our guests' events and understand the importance of creating wonderful lifelong memories. We're sorry to hear that the agency for the Gili trip was a disappointment. We'll look into your experience and review other possibilities for this excursion. Congratulations on your marriage! We wish you all the very best for the future and Happy Travels!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,295)

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Beautiful property for those looking for a quite, private getaway. Jeeva is nicely tucked away in a lagoon, the only hotel on the beach, relatively small hotel which allows for so much privacy. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are well appointed in the Balinese/Indonesian style, you can feel the uniqueness of the place. The service is great, the restaurant on the grounds has very nice food. We loved the spa - with all its proper rituals and menu, open air by the ocean, also very beautifully decorated. Great choice and not yet tainted by the #2 status - i hope Jeeva will never choose to expand to accommodate for the Lonely Planet readers!!!!

Room Tip: Anything is good! We had a ground floor garden view and it was beautiful - how much time do you real...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Supriyanto S, Owner at Jeeva Klui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Your kind review captures the essence of Jeeva Klui. Our local spa professionals practice a wide variety of traditional treatments. Their attention to detail and the soothing sounds of the sea, along with the open air, creates an ideal spa experience for our guests. We're happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for your review and for choosing Jeeva Klui! Happy Travels!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

My husband and I had spent 5 night in Jeeva Klui celebrating our 1st anniversary and both of us love this resort!the villa was clean. The breakfast is good, we heard from the staff there that all pastries are prepared by the chef there and my husband love the cheese sticks A LOT! we also joined their Special Indonesian buffet dinner style and the food was great as well, we specially love the Champagne from Indonesia and it was special . We could watch the local dance performance with lovely music too!

You can actually watch sunset at the bay there every late afternoon. Staff were friendly and helpful. I've tried their facial at their Spa as well and I felt refresh after the facial as all ingredients are natural goods. All in all I think this is a resort with best value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for this enthusiastic review and for choosing Jeeva Klui for your anniversary! We're very happy that you enjoyed your celebration with us. Best of luck and Happy Travels!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

What a great resort! We had a room on the first floor and it was fantastic. Good bed, pretty bathroom and what a view. The resort is minutes away from the village. At first we had dinner in the village but then we tried the food at Jeeva klui and it was great.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tristan7706

Thank you for your positive review. Our location is close enough to the village for our guests to easily dine at other locations but the majority of our guests prefer to stay at Jeeva Klui to enjoy our dinners and service. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Happy Travels!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Hands down one of the best resort ive been to. The resort is a true gem, everything about it is perfect. Private beach, excellent service, good food, affordable pricing. Gah I want to be back there again!

Room Tip: Do plan to watch the sunset from the daybed or restaurant, its really amazing ;)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MiraJalel

Many thanks for your enthusiastic review. We hope you will visit us again! Happy Travels!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I selected Jeeva based on a recommendation in the Lonely Planet Guide and trip advisor reviews.
I was not disappointed. I cannot say anything negative about my stay here. From the time we arrived we were greeted with friendliness and I felt very positive vibes. We arrived early and was able to check in to our unit. This was greatly appreciated since we had travelled from Canada.
It is very obvious that the owner of this resort is environmentally conscious and believes in sustainable development. There is a large amount of locally/sustainable materials used in the construction of the units. I also like the fact that there is not a lot of plastic and paper products being used in the restaurant. Even at breakfast cloth napkins are used and I don't recall seeing one plastic glass.
Jeeva truly cares about their guests comfort. They are extremely responsive in rectifying any issues. For instance when we checked in there were no toiletries in the shower. No sooner did I notify reception and someone brought it. Literally within less than 5 minutes. Also in early evening we noticed that there was no hot water. Again we notified reception and maintenance personnel was there within a few minutes. It turned out that the element in the hot water tank needed replacement. It was already getting quite dark and he was working with a flashlight since the tank was outside. We told the gentleman that he could leave it and work on it the next day but he continued to work and we had hot water that night.
All of the staff are extremely friendly and accommodating. There appears to be a great deal of camaraderie among the staff. They are relaxed and appear to be happy. Kudos to management for creating a work environment where the staff appear to be genuinely happy. I even asked one of the staff if this is a nice place to work and was told it is like a family. In fact this is the way we felt during our stay. Of course most of the interaction we had was with the restaurant staff and they were all very attentive.Dini is bubbly and always had a nice smile. She recognized our name as a german name and actually spoke to my husband in german. Ken was very helpful and outgoing. When i asked him about shopping he recommended a very good store where I did all my shopping.Bayan Lombok is a grey place to pick up locally made gifts at reasonable prices. Prices are fixed. Ria was always pleasant and accommodating if we needed anything. If you want to know about the Sasak culture Jin is extremely knowledgeable and very proud of his Sasak heritage. He gave us a lot of information about the history and explained what the dancers were portraying on the night they were at the resort. He was a bit reserved at first but soon relaxed once I asked him about the culture.
With regards to the food. I would say it is the best I have ever had at a resort and I have stayed at many resorts in the Caribbean and a couple of times in Bali.It is fine dining with without fine dining prices.The presentation was wonderful and it is obvious Chef Ruslan takes a lot of pride in presentation. I did not one have a dish in which I was not disappointed and we ate all of our meals at the resort.The devil chicken was fantastic and I asked if I could have the recipe and he kindly gave it to me the next day. If you need your dish spicy he will gladly do it for you.

The beach is not the best I have seen but I knew that beforehand ( I am comparing to the Caribbean and Thailand). We went to Lombok for the cultural experience. It is however kept very clean by hotel staff. There are rocks in the ocean so water shoes are useful. There are a few vendors on the beach but they are not aggressive. We really enjoyed talking to them.

If one is interested in good quality pearl jewellery Lombok Pearls Collection in Mataram has a very good selection They also provide a Certificate of Authenticity.I found the prices reasonable but I am comparing it to North American prices.

I really felt sad when I left the Jeeva and I hope I could return one day but it is a long way from Canada. The management is to be commended on the selection and training of the staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

What a great review! Thank you for your many positive comments. In particular, thank you very much for your thoughtful recognition of our staff members and confirmation of the fact that our staff is very happily dedicated to our guests and to Jeeva Klui's culture. We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you'll be able to join us again in the future. In the meantime, Happy Travels!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed here for my girlfriends 21st birthday in the middle of a months travelling around bali and lombok. It was truly amazing and we loved every minute of being at jeeva klui. I emailed prior to arrival and asked for a surprise welcome for my girlfriend and the staff sorted a complimentary birthday cake and also had roses delivered. The staff were amazing throughout and couldn't do enough for us. The view from our room was breathtaking and we loved sitting on our balcony in the evening waiting for the sun to go down. We had dinner overlooking the beach and the food was amazing as was breakfast and the complimentary afternoon tea was also a nice touch. All in all this is one of the nicest resorts we have stayed at and we will always look back with very fond memories of our stay.

Room Tip: 1st floor with a sea view was amazing and very private especially the room on the outside of the res...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neil P

Thank you for choosing Jeeva Klui for your girlfriend's birthday celebration - we're glad that we could help you make that a very special occasion. Our staff really enjoys the personal aspect of creating happy events for our guests. Many thanks for this very kind review and Happy Travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mangsit
Qunci Villas Hotel
The Lombok Lodge
The Lombok Lodge
#1 of 3 in Tanjung
Katamaran Hotel & Resort

Been to Jeeva Klui Resort? Share your experiences!