“What A Place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Mangsit
Singapore
“What A Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Just stay for 5 nights here, and feel like... not enough, don't want to come back to reality. The place is at Sengigi with beautiful design. amazing room and nice beach. Overall, we arrive and ask hotel transport to pick us up, the service is great. 1hr plus from the new airport to the hotel. check in very fast, and we sent to the room. our room is fantastic, but when my wife know that there's a better room (which is sunset view), she straight away want to upgrade our room, luckily there's room available. everyone is happy.
The Room is big enough, with great balcony to sit and enjoying the breeze and sound of waves. Love it so much.
Staff is fantastic, and some staff will call you by name as they remember you. Fantastic... Fantastic.... that's how great hotel give service, keep it up.
We had ate at olah olah restaurant few times (most of lunch time and dinner time), still, the food is fantastic, and 3times a week, there's a live band singing at dinner time... wonderfull... love them so much.

just give a feedback to this hotel:-
we bring the food from olah2 restaurant to the room (as suddenly my wife want to eat at the balcony), and yeah, we left the plate in the room and didn't bring it back down. When they do room cleaning, they left the empty plate behind, and didn't wash our used tea cup. and, yeah she quite disappointed that they never clean up and we didnt bother it too much as it's outside on the balcony. (luckily they clean up on the 2nd day).
maybe, they can give more attention to the details when they clean the room, any used cup or any used-plates they will clean and remove.
We know that if we left the unfinished food behind, it deemed to be removed by your staff for hygiene reason.

Again... it's just a feedback... not a complaint....

OVERALL... its a great hotel.... love it. i will recommend it to my friends and my family to come and stay over.

Room Tip: Go for Sunset View at 2nd storey to see direct to the ocean.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Crazy_Dharma
SudamalaSenggigi, Manager at Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Crazy_Dharma,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and maybe to spend more nights on your next trip to Sudamala Suites & Villas, Senggigi. I am happy to hear that you were able to upgrade to our Sunset View Suite as this is our most popular suite as it's located just a few steps away from the beach.

As we are only have 35 suites & villas, our staff always try to get to know each of our guests' names and will call you by name when they meet you. My apology that my staff didn't do their job as they should and I have spoken to the staff concerned about not clearing up the dirty dishes and not cleaning the tea cups as this is not acceptable in our resort. We are taking your feedback seriously even though it's not a complaint as this incident should not happen at all.

On behalf of everyone at Sudamala Suites & Villas, Senggigi, we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort...maybe for a longer stay when you come to Lombok in the near future.

Lombok Island 83355 Indonesia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

My Partner and I recently spent five nights at this wonderful hotel. The rooms were beautiful and the staff were so friendly and could not do enough for us. Food was superb and the location was perfect. I cannot rate it highly enough.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
SudamalaSenggigi, Manager at Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Heatherkaren,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your 5 nights stay with us. I will pass on your comments to the staff who will be pleased to hear it.

On behalf of everyone at Sudamala Suites & Villas, Senggigi, I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort whenever travel brings you back to Lombok.

United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed here for two nights in November and we mostly enjoyed our time here. The setting is beautiful (it's right on the beach) and the dining area is a great place to enjoy the sunset from, especially over happy hour cocktails! The room is large and comfortable with a great rainfall shower.

I found the prices in the restaurant and spa a little on the high side for Lombok, and even Lombok hotels, but that said the food was good and the service outstanding - all of the staff members we spoke to were super friendly and quick to help.

We did have one large issue with the hotel - it's a small place with all rooms facing onto the common area. While we were there, the hotel hosted an event which was extraordinarily loud and included karaoke and a lot of shouting into a microphone on our last evening. We were in one of the rooms furthest away from the area and even in our room it was too loud to read or watch tv, so I can't imagine what it was like for the guests who were right beside it. It went on for a couple of hours and rendered the hotel grounds (including the rooms) completely unusable for any guest who wasn't part of the event - the noise levels/partying was something you'd expect from a hotel in Cancun, and not from a peaceful retreat in Lombok. While hotel management was very apologetic about it the next day, I was surprised they allowed the event to go on as long as it did knowing it would very negatively impact the stay of all other guests in the hotel.

I'd likely return to this hotel - the grounds really are beautiful and it's a very relaxing place, but I'd definitely be careful to check the hotel wasn't doubling as an event venue during my dates. I'd recommend anyone else do the same as the way the property is built means you can't get away from the event if there's one going on.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LaurelG15
SudamalaSenggigi, Manager at Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear LaurelG15,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us despite a disturbance of an event that took place during your stay. We have reminded the event organizer several times about the noise and they promised to turn it down but they turn it up again when we left.

We value your feedback and once again my apology for the inconveniences caused. As we strive to provide the best service and products to our guests.

On behalf of everyone at Sudamala Suites & VIllas, Senggigi, I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort whenever travel brings you back to Lombok.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Seriously, I usually don't write reviews but Sudamala Suites and Villas really was worthy of a review. We had a very relaxing, restful and peaceful vacation. The staff did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable, their English was excellent, they did everything with a smile and were just happy to serve you yet not be intrusive of your time. The food was excellent! The breakfast is not a buffet but they had a good variety of set breakfast combinations to satisfy anyones needs. The seating around the pool and the restaurant are very carefully laid out. Make sure to book an ocean view table around sunset, it can't get any better than that! The only thing I should warn you about is that there are the few hawkers that seem to think that your dinner time is a good time to intrude. The staff however is happy to ask them kindly to move along. The rooms are very nice. We stayed in the Sunset view villa and loved showering in their beautiful outdoor shower, with privacy of course. Beware however that these rooms have full sound of the waves, which we found relaxing, all night. You can also sit out on your balcony with wine in hand and watch the sun dip into the ocean. Try the spa, you won't be disappointed! If you want to snorkel but don't want to take a 1.5 drive in a boat or car to reach the Gili's then just go out on the beach, there you can find some coral and beautiful fish only 50M from the beach. So, we are already planning a return stay and booking the same type of room, with the sunset view and the sounds of crashing waves to lull you to sleep~ Enjoy, we did!

Room Tip: Newlyweds should get the private villas and couples may want to go with the sunset views. Our room...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SudamalaSenggigi, Manager at Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear LidiaMart001,

Thank you for spending your time to write a wonderful review about Sudamala Suites & Villas, Senggigi. We felt very special that you have taken your precious time to write about us.

I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our staff went the extra mile to make sure that you were taken care of. Our staff is our greatest asset and I am very proud to have them in my team.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

My fiancé and I wanted a nice relaxing holiday before settling down and planning our wedding and by staying at Sudamala we got just what we wanted. The staff were exceptionally friendly and made you feel welcome and took interest in what you were planning to do or had done that day. The room we had booked wasn't ready when we arrived due to an aircon problem so we were put in a different room on the first night but it was just as good as the one we moved into for the remainder of our stay. Except we got an awesome sunset/beach front view in our new room. Due to this we were offered a complimentary massage which we both enjoyed and appreciated. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all delicious and was always served with a smile. Each night we had a staff member bring us chocolates and a night time story to read which was a lovely touch. We didn't realise this on the first night and my partner turned the poor guy away thinking he got an order from a different room. So sorry about that :) The room itself was so comfortable with a huge bed, generous bathroom (including and outdoor shower, which was so cool!) and an awesome balcony with bench seat that gave us a fantastic view of the beach and the glorious sunsets we had most nights. Staff were exceptional with their housekeeping and were always providing us with new bottles of water. It was always nice to relax in the spacious pool after a day of exploring Lombok on the scooter, especially with Happy Hours between 5 and 7pm! The main section of Sengiggi was just a quick burst on the scooter down the road so the location was quite conveniant. All in all we had a relaxing but fun holiday. We would definately stay at Sudamala again if we were to visit Lombok in the future. Even considering holding our wedding there it was so beautiful! So thanks to all the staff at Sudamala for making our holiday exactly what we wanted :)

Room Tip: You really can't go wrong with any room you choose here.
Dear Megan J,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to deliver the perfect and relaxing holiday that you and your fiancé have been looking for.

We are working on your request to hold your wedding with us and will be sending an email to you shortly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sudamala Suites & Villas, Senggigi for your wedding as well as your next holiday destination when you need a relaxing holiday.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Originally we were going to stay at Quinci but decided on Sudamala villas and very glad we did. Having only 36 rooms meant that it was the quietest resort I have stayed in and this was a big advantage. It it big enough to have great amentities like a spa (which I used a lot) bar & resturant and pool.

We stayed in a one bedroom pool villa and it did not disappoint. I loved that I could swim up to the steps of my bathroom and the open air bathroom.

The room was immaculately clean and I loved the addition of the in room espresso (illy) coffee machines and the thoughtful delivery of a night story and complimentary chocolates every night.

Daniel and his team were very friendly and always helpful. This resort has raised the standard in Senggigi and we certainly will be returning. Highly recommend to all

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Bydiavola,

Thank you for your wonderful review and choosing to stay at Sudamala Suites & Villas, Senggigi.

I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us from the pool in the villa to bedtime story and complimentary chocolate during turndown service to Daniel and his team, who are always there to assist any of our guests' requests.

Everyone at Sudamala Suites & Villas, Senggigi looks forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

olympia washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

It's a stunning setting on the beach 3km N of Sengiggi. The service was superb - every request was answered quickly - more water, more TP, another chocolate. There were 3 of us for 4 nights so chose the private villa with it's own pool - so nice for nude swimming. But, we couldn't hear the waves or see the beach. For 2 people, I suggest a 2nd floor beach front room. Incredible sunsets, very nice free morning yoga at the beach. Big breakfasts. Loved the Ahi salad. Banana fritters and volcano cake were perfect.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear dottravels,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our villa with a private pool. I will pass on your comments to our staff who would be delighted to hear it including the food that our chef and his kitchen team have prepared for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sudamala Suites & Villas, Senggigi in a not too distant future.

Lombok Island 83355 Indonesia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mangsit
Qunci Villas Hotel
The Lombok Lodge
The Lombok Lodge
#1 of 3 in Tanjung
The Chandi Boutique Resort & Spa

Been to Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi? Share your experiences!