“Great hotel!”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Mangsit
Singapore
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed 2 nights at the ocean suite room and 1 night at the villa with private pool. Both were great in their own ways! Ocean suite room was on second level with a view overlooking the pool and a partially blocked view of the sea. It was spacious and nice, the only problem was there were a lot of ants in the room. The villa with private pool was awesome too. But I didn't like the open concept bathroom as there were a lot of insects (including lizards!) when it's dark. Other than this, everything else was great. Nothing was near walking distance from the hotel though and you have a get a taxi if you want to venture out. Overall stay at the hotel was simply great, with great service from all the staff and the hotel food was good too.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joy80
Gusti_Paramatha, General Manager at Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Joy80,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I do hope that you bring fond of memories back home.

Very much appreciated on your good comment on the property and its surrounding as well as the excellent service extended by our employees. I will certainly share your good comment with our team and I am sure they are very happy to hear such a nice comment from you as our valuable customer.

I was very concern to read your feedback on the ants and the insects in the Suite and the Villa you were stayed in. I will certainly discuss these issue with our House Keeping Manager for his follow up and have the pest control inspection more frequent.

Once again thank you for your loyal support and we look forward to welcoming you back again in not too distant future.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore
Reviewed 13 April 2014

After staying at a number of the "top" hotels in Lombok and the Gili Islands (Qunci, Jeeva Klui, Pondok Santi etc) during a recent trip, I found Sudamala Suites & Villas to be the most luxurious and relaxing of my whole time. The surroundings were pristine, and I loved the shiny tiled floors and MASSIVE comfortable beds in the room. The floor felt like it had been painstakingly cleaned (no leaves, no bugs, or anything!) and I found the facilities just beautiful since it was only 8 months old when I visited in Feb 2014. The room also has a huge Samsung TV and a large, comfortable balcony. If you are near the road, you can hear a little bit of traffic, but hey, this was a million times better than Qunci Villas' garden room!

When I took a walk around the property, they were conducting a cool indonesian desserts cooking class overlooking the beach. I loved that they had a 'library' overlooking the water where they were serving a selection of ice teas. While I was in a Garden view room this time, I noticed that they have stunning sunset view rooms with all glass walls which look amazing from the outside. All in all, a fantastic a 5-star experience. The big bathroom is fantastic though the shower water tasted a bit salty. The Crabtree & Evelyn products were a nice touch! If I come back on my own holiday, this is the place I would come back to!!

Room Tip: If you have the budget, go for the sea-front rooms. Those looked AMAZING!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank thefearlessdiner
Dear thefearlessdiner,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Very much appreciated on your good comment on the property and its surrounding. I am very happy to know that you were enjoyed the suite and the facilities, the activities as well as the excellent service extended by our employees. I will certainly share your good comment with our team and I am sure they are very happy to hear such a nice comment from you as our valuable customer.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed for four nights and five days. We stayed at the first floor of one of the suites. The intended purpose of our stay was to celebrate our second anniversary and our sons first birthday. The overall observation of our stay is very good. It hits most of of the premises intentions in accommodating it's guests.
It was our first visit to Senggigi and staying at sudimala was not a bad decision.
My wife and I tried the couples massage package and it was really good and relaxing. The drawback was unfortunately the location of our therapy room. They put us at a room located closest to the street (goler) where we had to hear the noise of motorcycles and the traffic alike pacing through.

The food they served at olah olah restaurant was Delicious as well as the cocktails happy hour. The breakfast menu was something we looked forward each morning.

The suite we stayed in was nice with a comfortable size showers both indoor and outdoor. It was a little disappointment that there was not a bathtub and the wifi connection was very slow.
The bed as well as the pillows were probably the two things we appreciate the most during our stay.
The service level of the staff was also impeccable. I noticed they were very friendly and communicated fluently to all the guests.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank bombiboma
Dear Bombiboma,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Very much appreciated on your good comment on the property and its surrounding. I am also very happy to hear that you were comfortable with the bedding and the pillows in the suite as well as the excellent services extended by our employees. I will certainly share your good comment with our team and I am sure they are very happy to hear such a nice comment from you as our valuable customer.

I was very concern to read your feedback on the noisy from outside during the SPA treatment. We will take this comment seriously and taking an action in reducing the noise from the main road. Otherwise we hope you were enjoyed the SPA treatment.

With regards to the bathtub, all our garden and ocean suites are not equipped with bathtub. However, we do have bathtubs available at our Villas and Sunset suites for your future booking for preference.

Concerning the wifi connection is very slow, I brought this issue to our IT manager for his follow up to rectify the problem.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Excellent resort can not fault it at all it is truly luxuriously beach is great pool excellent staff very helpful will help you with any thing would definitely return to sudamala again in the near future

Room Tip: Try to get ocean or sunset view room
1 Thank amarjit2014
Dear Amarjit2014,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Very much appreciated on your good comment on the property and its surrounding as well as the excellent service extended by our employees. I will certainly share your good comment with our team and I am sure they are very happy to hear such a nice comment from you.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Amazing from start to finish. The service is the best I have had anywhere in the world! The staff are polite, eager to please and have very good English. we booked the sunset suite upstairs. the room is spacious and very private. The bed is very comfortable and the pillows are soft, with a choice of sizes. The outdoor shower is divine. Everything is in excellent condition and well maintained. the balcony is huge with a daybed. The sound of the waves is loud! Actually louder than outside.
The bath is tricky to get in and out of but the view is terrific. If you have knee problems or are elderly I would avoid the sunken bath rooms. Coffee machine in the room is a lovely touch. Room servicing was done very discretely.... I have no idea how they did it but our room was turned down and service when we were out every day. It was lovely to consistently return from our short trip out to find everything was perfect again. Drinks rather expensive from mini bar but warung along the beach or out the front of the hotel strip are very cheap. Beachside dining is beautiful with awesome views across to bali. We ate at both the beachside wurungs ( one on the left and one on the right) both excellent and very cheap. Breakfast is lovely and you are able to mix and match the menu. An Aussie selection would be a welcome addition to the menu as we like the vegetarian selection with the eggs , sausage and bacon. The specials at the bottom of the menu are all delicious and are included in your breakfast inclusion room price. Pool is divine but the view is often ruined by hawkers. We knew our prices, if you don't you will be ripped off blind. Avoid the t shirt man. He is very pushy and tries to rip you off blind. Pay no more than $6 pert shirt, that's what they are at the airport. Pearl bracelets are about $1-1.50 each if you buy in bulk. Necklaces no more than $4. Sarongs$ 4.50 or $10 with sparkles.
We had an amazing 4 days, Thank you
Nata2976

Room Tip: 220 is private and upstairs
2 Thank Nattydc72
Gusti_Paramatha, Manajer Umum at Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Nattydc72,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Very much appreciated on your good comment on the property and its surrounding. I am glad to know that you were enjoyed the sunset suites, the facilties, the food as well as the excellent custemer service extended by our employees. I will certainly share your good comment with our team and I am sure they are very happy to hear such a nice comment from you as our valuable customer.

I was very concern to read your feedback on the sunken bathtub. I wil review the bathtub design with our Chief Engineering if anything that we can do on the design for easier use.

In regards to the hawkers on the beach, the beach is consider a public area and we wil make sure our Security team to monitor the area.

Denmark, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 7 April 2014

First visit to Lombok for girlfriends birthday 8 people in our group and the service, hospitality was excellent all staff are so friendly and go out of there way to make our stay so special the rooms are amazing and beds were so comfortable. Pool is great with view out to ocean just pristine and fantastic food will definitely go back, thanks for making our stay a great experience.

Room Tip: We had a garden view room our friends had an ocean view room but all awesome I would probably go sec...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Gusti_Paramatha, General Manager at Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Sue S,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us for the special occasion of your girlfriend birthday and I do hope that your friends and yourself bring fond of memories back home.

Very much appreciated on your good comment on the property and its surrounding, the suite you were stayed in as well as the excellent customer service extended by our employees. I will certainly share your good comment with our team and I am sure that they are happy to hear such a nice comment from you as our valuable customer.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

First visit to Lombok... Sudamala Suites did not disappoint. We were greeted by our driver Jul, not sure spelling is correct. He was friendly and very informative of the sights back to hotel. Check in was quick and efficient. The room was delightful with a awesome view of pool and ocean. All the staff at Sudamala were friendly and efficient. We loved the special touches of fruit and flower displays and always fresh bottled water. The staff at breakfast were delightful... special mention to Samala and a tall gentlemen (sorry forgot name) always pleasant conversation and greeted with a smile. We took a few tours organized by hotel, the transport was immaculate and Jul was amazing, we all nearly teared up when we had to say good bye at airport. Our Gili tour was the highlight Jul said we would see a turtle and we did. My daughter and my dream came true. I have no real complaints with this hotel except colder bintang. Maybe the spa could have more competitive prices. Would like to thank the lovely staff of Sudamala for making our stay so awesome and there lovely smiles each day. We will be back. Please if manager reads this please give Jul..special recognition from us.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Katie N
Dear Katie N,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Very much appreciated on your good comment on the property and its surrounding. I am also happy to hear that you were enjoyed the suite and its amenities, the Sudamala touches, the tours and the excellent customer service extended by our employess especially Zul, Salma and the tall gentelmen (Iwan). I will certainly share your good comment with them and the rest of the team. I am sure they are very happy to hear such a nice comment from you as our valuable customer.

General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mangsit
Qunci Villas Hotel
#1 of 3 in Tanjung
Katamaran Resort
Katamaran Resort
#5 of 7 in Mangsit

Been to Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi? Share your experiences!