“Excellent service and professional personnel. Food to be improved”

Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Mangsit
Paris, France
“Excellent service and professional personnel. Food to be improved”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

+Venue are still new and well maintained. The territory and rooms are clean
+Breakfast is plentyful: pastries, fruits, eggs, yogurts, fresh juice, tea-coffee. Taste of eggs could be a little more rich.
++Staff is exceptionally helpful and thoughtful. Also staff speaks good english.

To be improved:
- - Lunch and dinner menu is short, boring and dishes look very average. As a result we ended up having our lunches and dinners in Quncy villa (highly recomended by other travellers), which is an excellent venue just next door. The quincy villa has better menu, where dishes also taste well.

Other little drawbacks, which are not the fault of the hotel management
-The ride to/from the airport around 1.5h w/o traffic
-The beach is little or sometimes very dirty, which is not the fault of the hotel, rather the disappointing reality of local lifestyle in south-east asia
-Locals are a little annoying by hunting tourists at the beach with their goodies for sale

Overall, I would recommend the hotel if one wants to go to Lombok.

1 Thank Jelena_Los
Gusti_Paramatha, General Manager at Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Jelena_Los,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I do hope that you bring fond of memories back home.

Very much appreciated on your good comment on the property and its surrounding as well as the excellent service extended by our employees. I will certainly share your good comment with our team and I am sure they are very happy to hear such a nice comment from you.

I was very concern to read your feedback on the food quality and the variety. I shared these feedback with our Chef and the F&B Manager to review the food quality and the variety to enrich the menu selection for improvement.

In regards to the beach was dirty, we have taken an immediate action to have our team to clean the beach from the rubbish which flow through from the river during heavy rain in the mountain.

On the other issue about the locals who selling things at the beach front, I have discussed this issue with our security to closely monitor and to advice them politely not to annoying the guests.

Once again thank you for your loyal support and we look forward to welcoming you back again in not too distant future.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
perth
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Amazing place!! The only problem is it is so nice you won't want to leave the hotel.. The food is fine dining and amazing! Definitely encourage you to eat here and the chef is happy to accomodate for your preferences, as he did for us as vegetarians..

Room Tip: ocean views- you can't go wrong
Dear inspiredtraveller52,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Very much appreciated on your good comment on the property and its surrounding as well as the food which being created to your need by our Chef. I will certainly share your good comment with our Chef. I am sure he will be very happy to hear such a nice comment from you.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The conditions of the villa is still new, but....
1. The food is terrible and more expensive than sheraton @ senggigi. I stayed for 5 days and I have tried different dishes of their restaurant "Olah olah restaurant" and none of them up to their price. Very disappointed!
2. The sea is dirty and smells
3. I have no comment on the room, i got sun set view, the condition is still new, but always have electric shut down for few times a day and the staffs do not really clean the toilet well.
4. If you are particular with the bed and pillows, it will be disappointing as well. The bed and pillows are so soft that hurting my neck and back.
Last but not least, The airport is 1.5 hours from the hotel.

I wont come back again for sure!

Room Tip: Choose sun set view room
1 Thank Putrisingapore
Gusti_Paramatha, General Manager at Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Putrisingapore,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

I was very concern to read your constructive feedback on some issues you were encountered during your stay.

I do apologize for any inconvenience caused. I have discussed the points with our Chef and other Department Heads and taken an appropriate action for improvement.

In regards to rubbish floating on the ocean, this rubbish are coming form the rivers due to heavy rain up in the mountain for the last few days. In general we need to educate our people and to keep our Island free of rubbish. However, we at the hotel had taken an immediate action to clean the rubbish from the beach.

Once again thank you for your constructive feedback for our improvement.

Mandurah, Western Australia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Sudamala sunset suite for 5 days in April. As soon as you walk into the hotel you are greeted by genuine smiles from the warm and friendly staff. The setting on the beach was magnificent and the view over to Mount Agung on Bali was to die for. The quality of food from Chef Juan was beyond belief and portion sizes extremely generous. The extra effort these staff put in to make your stay comfortable was so much appreciated, they just have this knack to be there when you need them. We were known by name to all and they also knew our Room No. My wife did the yoga classes and said the instructors were so professional and looked after her as a novice. The setting for the classes first thing in the morning on the deck by the beach was beautifully serene and relaxing. We also had a couple spa for 2 hours including massage, body scrub and foot massage. As a typical Australian male I do these things with my wife under duress but the girls and the treatment were absolutely wonderful. We found all staff excellent but we must say a special thanks to Daniel, Rusmadi, Dewi and Ewan and Chef Juan who took the time to come to meet us when we sent appreciation for the food. Unllike Bali the beach is free of hassling hawkers, only four lovely ladies selling their sarongs and jewellery. With our unit 15 metres from the beach the sound of the waves at night and in the morning made us feel like we were in paradise. We had two candelit dinners and were personally attended to by no less than four waiters during the course of a five course meal that was world class. The special touch of a beautiful cake for my wife's birthday brought in by singing waiters and waitress who could pass for professionals made for a very special evening for us. The second dinner was a traditional Indonesian meal that was also exceptional. Even on our departure the service did not stop there. A little esky with water and sandwiches and fruit for the trip to the airport were the final touch. We would recommend Sudamala without hesitation to anyone interested in perfection as that is the only word to describe it. We will definitely be returning and for a much longer stay. Larry and Sally, Perth Australia.

Room Tip: Sunset suite was beautiful with outside rain shower. We were on bottom floor but possibly room abov...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LandSHebbard
Dear LandSHebbard,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Very much appreciated on your good comment on the property and its surrounding. I am also glad to hear that your were enjoyed the sunset suite, the SPA, the foods, the facilities, the magnificent view of Mount Agung as well as the excellent service extended by our employees especially Chef Juan, Daniel, Rusmadi, Dewi, Iwan. I will certainly share your good comment with them and the rest of the team. I am sure they are very happy to hear such a nice comment from you as our valuable customer.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I am just blown away by this place. Every where I look, I want to take a photo. Right on the shore, looking out to the Bali Volcano. Small but spread out enough to feel relaxed and individual. All the facilities you will want. The in-hotel massage is incredible. Also yoga by the pool some mornings. Only minutes by taxi from central Sengiggi restaurants and shops.
I seriously can't recommend the Sudamala Suites enough. It ticks all the boxes.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ben D
Gusti_Paramatha, General Manager at Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Ben D,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Very much appreciated on your good comment on the property and its surrounding, the massage as well as the yoga. I will certainly share your good comment with our team and I am sure they are very happy to hear such a nice comment from you as our valuable customer.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We had 3 rooms and we enjoyed the setting and atmosphere of the place. Very helpsome and friendly staff. Fabelous restaurant location on the terrace in front of the beach is something we will remember. The beach is clean and just in front of the resort. It is nice to swim in the sea along the beach at high tide.
The resort had some problems with a bad smell from the sewage when we were there and 2 of our rooms were influenced. It was said to be due to maintance work with sewage system. The good thing is that the staff took it seriously and worked to stop the smell. And, the manager realized that the quality of our stay had been reduced due to this and we received some economic compensation.
We give this place excellent rating since we assume that the smell problem was an accidential temporal event of small duration.

Room Tip: The sun set rooms have the best location.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rune M
Gusti_Paramatha, General Manager at Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Rune M,

Greetings from Sudamala Suites & Villas Mangsit Senggigi, Lombok.

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to the Island of Lombok.

Very much appreciated on your good comment on the property and its facilities as well as the excellent customer service extended by our employees. I will certainly share your good comment with our team. I am sure they are very happy to hear such a nice comment from you as our valuable customers.

I was very concern to read your comment on the bad smell coming from the sewage. We have taken an immediate action to solve the problem.

Dear Rune M, I do apologize for the inconvenience was occurred during your stay. Otherwise we do hope that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed four nights, was a bit unlucky with the weather (heavy rain). Staff was very friendly and the room was beautiful. Large pool and nice to see the sun going down. Very kidsfriendly place. The spa was good also. The beach is volcanosand so there are only sunbeds by the pool.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kine S
Dear Kine S,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Very much appreciated on your good comment on the property and its facilities as well as the excellent customer service extended by our employees. I will certainly share your good comment with our team and I am sure they are very happy to hear such a nice comment from you as our valuable customer.

I am sorry to hear that there was heavy rain and the weather was not so good during your stay which sometimes quite difficult to predict. However, apart from that we hope tyou had a great time with us.

General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mangsit
Qunci Villas Hotel
#7 of 7 in Mangsit
Novotel Lombok
Novotel Lombok
#1 of 11 in Kuta

Been to Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi? Share your experiences!