“Very Recomended !”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Mangsit
Surabaya, Indonesia
“Very Recomended !”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Very recomended villa, nice service, clean, the room is comfort, convenience, you can hear the sound of the ocean, the food is well served, good taste, very quiet, we really can enjoy this villas. for breakfast they served warm bread... VERY NICE !! definitely going back to this hotel someday..

Room Tip: Choose the room on 2nd floor with the ocean view. u can really enjoy the beach via the terrace. very...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Gusti_Paramatha, General Manager at Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Fannyhalim,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I do hope that you bring fond of memories back home.

Greatly appreciated on your good comment on the property and its surrounding, the villa you were stayed in, the foods as well as the excellent customer service extended by our employees. I will certainly share your good comment with our team. I am sure they are very happy to hear such a nice comment from you as our valuable customer.

Once again thank you for your loyal support and we look forward to welcoming you back again in not too distant future.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed in this hotel for two nights as part of a two week trip around Bali, Lombok and Gilli Air with my husband to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It truly was amazing. The staff are lovely, the room we had, an Ocean View suite was totally the best room we had on our trip. View of the ocean to wake up to with the sound of the waves. The food was stunning. We ate in the evening with the ocean at our feet and the mahi mahi and the rinjani chocolate cake were to die for. The breakfasts were excellent too. Lovely infinity type pool. There are some hawkers on the beach but they soon go away if you ignore them. The hotel organised a private boat to take us to Gilli Air and we were so sad to leave. Wished we had been able to stay a lot longer. If you stay here you will not be disappointed. Would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: Ocean view suites were in my opinion the best.
Dear Paula191278,

Greetings from Sudamala Suites & Villas Mangsit Senggigi, Lombok.

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok to celebrate your wedding anniversary.

Greatly appreciated on your good comment on the property and its surrounding, the foods, the excursion as well as the employees. I will certainly share your good comment with our team and I am sure they are happy to hear such a nice comment from you as our valuable customer.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 28 May 2014

After 3 crowded days in Bali we headed to the Sudamala suites in Senggigi, Lombok. It was absolutely amazing. The rooms are beautiful & beds wonderfully comfortable. Our room over looked the ocean with an infinity pool. Chef Juan provides culinary delights that would rival any 5 star restaurant anywhere in the world & the oceanside dining adds to the experience. The hotel is backed by lush green mountains and fronted by turquoise ocean. There is nothing better than sipping Mint Mojito's watching the setting sun turn the sky pink as it reflects on the water. The staff were attentive & friendly and really made the place seem welcoming. It was truly a relaxing and wonderful 5 days. We will be back.

Room Tip: Loved the ocean side rooms on the upper level. Great views but no walking traffic past your space.
Dear Jackie G,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Highly appreciated on your good comment on the property and its surrounding. Also, we are very happy to hear that you were enjoyed the room and the facilities, the food as well as the employees especially Chef Juandi. I will certainly share your good comment with him and the team. I am sure they are happy to hear such a nice comment from you as our valuable costumer.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had very great time stayed in this resort with a beautiful beach. The services was superb that I ever have so far; They have been well trained with speak perfectly English, good manners, good attitude, and always with the smiling face. The resort just nice to stay with just small crowd and very very relaxing and quite. The do offered free classes like cooking. yoga and so on. Watching the sun goes down in/by the pool is just breathtaking. The Best thing is, when we check out in the morning, they prepared us pack of food and bottle of water for each to take with us in the taxi to the airport. Definitely the worth to stay and yes will come back for sure. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank NGdonny
Gusti_Paramatha, General Manager at Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear NGdonny,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Very much appreciated on your good comment on the property and its surrounding as well as the small touch "sandwiches" we offer to our guests due to long journey to the Airport. I am also glad to know that the excellent customer service being consistently extended by our employees to our guests. I will certainly share your good comment with our team and I am sure they are very happy to hear such a nice comment from you as our valuable customer.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed at Sudamala for 6 amazing nights. We couldn't recommend this place more highly. The grounds are immaculate, the scenery fantastic, the rooms amazing. BUT, what made this place truly memorable was the staff. They are so friendly, helpful and lovely to talk too!

I would recommend investing in some booties for your feet if you want to surf out front of the hotel, otherwise you won't need them. Fantastic place to swim.

The hotel also organised a tour to South Lombok for us, through 'Agung' who was just terrific. Excellent knowledge of the island and really personable and nice.

All in all, a fantastic experience and highly recommended.

Room Tip: We had the 'ocean view' which was excellent.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Rory O,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Very much appreciated your good comment about our property and its surrounding, the tour you had to south part of Lombok as well as the excellent customer service extended by our employees. I will certainly share your good comment with our team. I am sure they are very happy to hear such a nice comment from you as our valuable customer.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Let me start by expressing possibly the only fault with our stay here. When the wind changes to the North West, the beach, which is usually beautiful clear and refreshing, becomes tainted with a fair bit of rubbish.
Otherwise, the hotel, the staff, the amenities, the room, location, and even the weather were absolutely perfect for our entire stay. When asked on checking out if there was anything that the hotel could have improved on, I was honestly stumped. Not a single thing. Fantastic experience. Thank you very much staff and management of Sudamala Suites.
On reflection, the things that stood out were the beautiful views from the balcony, the sound of the waves during the night, the outside yet private hot/cold showers (we didn't even turn the inside one on!), the lovely pool and beach at the rooms doorstep, the very friendly and genuinely attentive staff, and the beautiful food.

Room Tip: Splash out and get the Sunset View rooms. It is worth every penny. Other rooms are good too, but the...
Dear Freo2013.

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Very much appreciated on your good comment on the property and its surrounding. I am also glad to know that you were happy with the room and its facilities as well as the excellent service extended by our employees. I will certainly share your good comment with our team and I am sure they are very happy to hear such a nice comment from you as our valuable customer.

I was very concern to read your feedback on about the rubbish floating on the ocean which some how it was carried through the river when it rain up in the mountain. However, our team will acted immediately and have our beach front cleaned. Otherwise we hope that you had an enjoyable stay with us and bring fond of memories back home.

lIVERPOOL
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed here after going to the 3 Gili islands so it was a nice break from roughing it in some of the older bamboo huts. I have to say I think Lombok is very overpriced for accommodation compared with other places around the world, especially Thailand, considering there isn't that much to do there except relax. Having said that, I paid £155 inc breakfast for a Villa with a private pool and i could not be happier with the place. The room was fantastic. Well laid out, clean, modern, sharp but in keeping with the Indonesian design. The pool was incorporated into the villa so you can walk out of the bathroom directly into the water which I liked. Quite impressed by the room all around.

Because we had the private villa we didn't spend as much time around the hotel as we normally would. Breakfast was included and was really good. Ordered from a set menu and not the buffet style that some Hotels have so it was individually prepared as you wanted it. What I think separates this hotel from Hotels like the Novotel in Lombok is not only that it is a better resort in terms of design but its the people who work there. They where happy to talk to you whenever you where around and would spend time with you if you wanted to know something about Lombok in general. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to Iwan (I did try to find him) who works at the restaurant but he was really a credit to himself and to the hotel and it was great to meet him. He was not alone either from the young man who showed us to our room to the Manageress they were all great and really made a difference to our experience.

In terms of the food I though it was a little over priced but of a higher standard from all the other hotels we stayed at. Room service was good and quite fast. Drinks were OK, they had a happy hour between 5-7 so b.o.g.o.f on two cocktails of the same type but they still cost £6 so not exactly giving them away. This is not a criticism of the Sudamala but im sure everybody in Asia thinks all Westerners are rich as hell. I worked really hard to get to Indonesia and I don't have an unlimited budget to travel with, what I do have is a credit card debt to pay off now i'm back home.

Anyway, if I did have a small issue with the hotel it was the up selling of the upgraded menu for the restaurant especially before they had even removed the breakfast dishes. I thought that was a step to far and moved me in the wrong direction. This was a one off though and when you said "no thanks" that was it.The hotel pool was large and well positioned in the center of the hotel with high quality sunbeds and towels on each one. You will like this Hotel.

Senggigi is a small town and to be honest it isn't worth going to. I don't want to be rude but there is nothing there. I went out of season in early May and it was very quiet. You get hassled by sellers who are selling the same old stuff you have seen from everybody else. I understand they are trying to make a living but they will rip you off if they can. This has nothing to do with the Hotel though.

I will give my experience at Room 111, 10/10. We loved our time at the Hotel and strongly recommend it to anybody who was thinking of going there.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Private Villa with a pool if you can you will not regret it.
Dear JAMES0806,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Very much appreciated on your good comment on the property and its surrounding. I am also glad to hear that you were enjoyed the Villa and the facilities. Thank you for your nice words extended toward our employees especially Iwan. I will certainly share your good comment with him and the rest of the team. I am sure that they are very happy to hear such a nice comment from you as our valuable customer.

I was very concern to read your feedback that the employee tried to upsell and event clear up the dishes. This is not our usual standard and I have discussed this issue with our Food and Beverage Manager to retrain the employees on our standard. Otherwise we do hope that you had an enjoyable stay and bring fond of memories back home.

General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mangsit
Qunci Villas Hotel
#1 of 3 in Tanjung
Katamaran Resort
Katamaran Resort
#5 of 7 in Mangsit

Been to Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi? Share your experiences!