“Paradise and ultimate relaxation - truly wow!”

Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Mangsit
London, England, United Kingdom
“Paradise and ultimate relaxation - truly wow!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed here on the second leg of our honeymoon for a week; most people seem to stay for less time or the minimum 3 nights we noticed. When we left we felt so relaxed like we had been there for 2 weeks! well worth a week's stay to rejuvenate and use as a base to visit the Gilli Islands for the day (an hour by boat from hotel beach). Hotel seems to be ranked 4.5 stars but would argue it's better than that. The best thing is the location, right on the beach with interrupted views of the sea and the stunning sun sets behind the volcano on Bali the other side of the Lombok strait. Rooms are impeccable with care given to extra detail, Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries provided, and everyone gets a daily turn down service with chocolates and a bed time story to read. Ultimate rainforest showers in open bathrooms (garden suites with mosquito netting - villas open air) so you really experience the natural surroundings. One of the best things about this hotel is the staff who are very helpful and friendly and make it a pleasure to stay there. Food at the hotel is also excellent, 5 star up to good London restaurant standards; barbeque buffets by the beach, a la carte and special romantic menus all on offer. The spa is also wonderful, and priced cheaper than the UK so very worth the money rather than risking the services offered cheaply by the local hawkers. Can't give this hotel enough praise, and no downsides to mention at all! Maybe that there may not be enough for children to keep them occupied if they don't like swimming and playing on the beach. This hotel has also only been open a year, so watch this space as it moves up the rankings as I'd say the best place to stay in the area, if not Lombok.

Room Tip: Suggest rooms away from the main road not that we ever hear any traffic. Villas are more prone to be...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Catherine T
Gusti_Paramatha, General Manager at Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Catherine T,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I do hope that you bring fond of memories back home.

Highly appreciated on your excellent comment on the property and its surrounding and I am also glad to know that you were enjoyed the suites and its facilities, the foods, the SPA as well as the excellent customer service being extended by our team during your stay with us.

I have shared your good comment with our team and they are very happy to hear such a nice comment from our valuable customer.

Well noted on the feedback about the children activities, I have discussed this point with our team to enrich the activities for the children to keep them occupied.

Once again thank you for your loyal support and we look forward to welcoming you back again in not too distant future.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Was dropped of by boat from Gili Islands.. The service was very quick. Everyone says hello & friendly. They even offered to take your group photos. The rooms (202) had the best view, is on the Photo list #16 of the pool & cliff & bay. Food was great, we didn't eat anywhere else. Great for the family & pool was good for the little boy. The staff played with my 3 year old as my wife & I had our dinner. Rooms were amazing & will try to copy the style for my dream home.. Didn't want to leave & when we did they had a packed lunch for us all for the airport trip 1.5hours taxi away..
Will stay again asap..

Room Tip: Choose 2nd level beach front, or pool view also has beach views. Room 202 was excellent, picture #16...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Robby S
Dear Robby S,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Highly appreciated on your excellent comment on the property and its surrounding and I was very happy to know that you were enjoyed the suites and its facilities, the food as well as the excellent customer service being extended by our team during your stay with us.

Melbourne
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed at this resort with my husband and two children for 3 nights. We had 2 beach view rooms. They were clean, beach on our doorstep, big bathroom, outdoor shower and lots of room. The resort is very quiet which was also nice. Not much in town but some nice restaurants and only a couple of shops. An hr or so drive from airport. Would definitely stay there again. Excellent value for money for price of rooms.

1 Thank Holiday_prince
Gusti_Paramatha, General Manager at Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Holiday_prince,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Highly appreciated on your excellent comment on the property and its surrounding. I am very happy to hear that the family and yourself were enjoyed the suites and its facilities.

I have shared your excellent comment with our team and they are very happy to hear such a nice comment from our valuable customer.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

6 days of luxury – we had a pool in our 1 bed villa, excellent value for money. The room was immaculate and such a haven.
The beautiful Olah Olah restaurant had outstanding service, food, value, and the views are breathtaking. The mix of international and local food, continued to delight, I especially enjoyed the western classics with a twist highlighting local spices and food techniques. Staying a week we were pleased to see the menu change regularly. We also had the chef happily make us our preferences off the menu. This was when the real customer serve came into play. I have honestly never experienced such obliging staff, nothing was too much trouble, at approximately 50% capacity staffing was great. I’m not sure if we got lucky – but with a culture so adapt at reducing waste – I doubt it. We ate at other places, but were always disappointed – so would return to our paradise every evening to watch the sun set over the ocean, and Mount Agung, in a special sunset display we tragically called our sunset. The absolute beachfront front deck is perfect for relaxing, dining, yoga, ceremonies, and anything in between. It is a little hot on the deck for lunch, but every night, that’s where you would find us, but blown away again by the flavours in the food, laughing with beach hawkers, and loving the staff. Everyone has favourite staff member and we loved Jalal.
The beach was beautiful right down to the friendly local lady who collects shell and coral every day with her dogs. Even the beach hawkers where friendlier and more relaxed than any others we had met across Bali, Gillies, and Lombok, we also got the best value on the beach.
The spa was amazing, pricey for Asia, but you really could feel every cent (USD) it really did stand out compared to other places.
So close to the ferry, very cheap cab (20,000) but it was a long way from the airport, we flew out thinking it would be convenient - it was not.

Room Tip: Pool villa provides incredible privacy.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fiona M
Dear Fiona M,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Highly appreciated on your excellent comment on the property and its surrounding. I am very happy to hear that you were enjoyed the pool villa and its facilities, the Olah Olah restaurant and the Chef went out to discuss on the menu to your preference as well as the excellent customer service is being extended by our team during your stay as well as your involvement with the locals at the beach.

Perth wa
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We had originally booked to stay at the Novotel in Kuta, Lombok. When we arrived there we were disappointed with the location, atrocious food and ambivalent staff. We put up with it for 3 nights and checked into the Sudamala which was quite the opposite. Extremely clean, beautiful location with superb service from the charming staff. We had 4 fabulously relaxing nights there and will definitely return. A wonderful experience for myself and 2 boys 15 and 20 yrs old. They too loved it. Many thanks to the staff at the Sudamala. Kami akan kembali secepatnya! Terima kasih banyak. ☀️

1 Thank Bettyflo
Dear Bettyflo,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Highly appreciated on your excellent comment on the property and its surrounding and the facilities as well as the excellent customer service is being extended by our team during your stay.

Once again thank you for your loyal support and we look forward to welcoming you back again in not too distant future dan sampai jumpa lagi secepatnya.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights and we really enjoyed every moment and every part of this fabulous hotel! The bed is so comfortable and we had very deep sleep. The pool is just right and we love the restaurant right in front of it. The food is excellent and tasty! The service is really of top quality and genuine! The massage service at the in house spa is very professional and of top quality despite being more expensive than those in Senggigi town but u pay for value. Will definitely come back if we visit Lombok again! Love it all!

1 Thank TengHein
Dear TengHein,

Dear Tenghein, Sampai jumpa lagi

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights (19th & 20th June), in a private pool villa room, their largest, I think? Room 116. I was celebrating my 40th Birthday, so thought I would treat myself to a good room. I wasn't disappointed, everything was perfect. The staff friendly and professional, location (on mangsit beach), beautiful sunsets every evening. I tried the spa once, this was excellent also. This hotel isn't cheap, but definitely worth it as a treat. I will definitely visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose 116, its larger than the other pool villas
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Daniel J,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Highly appreciated on your good comment on the property and its surrounding, I am also very happy to hear that you were enjoyed the pool villa and its facilities especially the villa #1116, the SPA treatment as well as the excellent customer service is being extended by our team during your stay.

General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mangsit
Qunci Villas Hotel
#1 of 3 in Tanjung
Katamaran Resort
Katamaran Resort
#5 of 7 in Mangsit

Been to Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi? Share your experiences!