We spent 3 nights at this resort with a family of 2 adults and 2 older children. We got one of their 7 villas with private pool, but although the accommodation was good, the overall stay was average.
The pros :
1) pool villa : spacious, well laid out and airy room with bathroom partly on the outside and quite a reasonably sized pool. Kids could sleep on sofa bed and on one of the pool loungers without any extra charges.
2) restaurant staff : they went out of their way to make our lives as pleasant as possiblle. Iwan and Rudi were especially helpful
The cons :
1) the location : Mangsit beach is definitely one up from Senggigi beach but is still an average beach in Lombok. The sand is mixed black and white and the beach hardly walkable. Some people were swimming in the sea but it was neither a calm nor an inviting sea. Senggigi and surroundings is not a great area in Lombok. For good beaches go to the south and for exclusivity go to Sire beach further north
2) Hotel grounds : very small for the build density. We really felt squeezed in this resort despite having a pool villa. The beach frontage is very narrow (compared to the Qunci next door) and the front has been badly designed. A large part of the already narrow front is taken up by a library and a massage room, blocking the sea view (what was the architect thinking?)
3) Food : overpriced and unrefined. The breakfast is a la carte but the execution is poor. Fresh fruit selection is limited, juices small, French toast average, etc...I tried the pasta live buffet in the evening and again was totally underwhelmed with the quality of the food. Food is really expensive for what you get. If you are in the area, have dinner next door in the Qunci or go to the Jeeva Klui a little bit further up the road.
4) front desk : never had change for the drivers and quite clueless sometimes
If you spend close to 500 US$ per night, I recommend you spend them elsewhere. The Jeeva Klui in the area looks much better on beautiful grounds or go up north to the Tugu Hotel which has fabulous service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right where the soft sand meets the sea, on the front row of every spectacular sunset, Sudamala Suites & Villas, Sengiggi, Lombok offers each guest who covets a tropical sanctuary a dwelling where time stands still. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, ACCOR, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi Lombok/Mangsit