Qunci Villas Hotel
Katamaran Hotel & Resort(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$144
Agoda.com
Holiday Resort Lombok(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$68
Agoda.com
Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$92
Agoda.com
Jeeva Klui Resort(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$102
US$182
US$178
Jeeva Santai Villas(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
US$143
TripAdvisor
Svarga Resort Lombok(Senggigi)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$35
US$34
Kebun Villas & Resort(Senggigi)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$48
US$144
US$138
2,671 results
All reviewshappy hourquali restaurantnon smokinggili islandsqamboja spapartial ocean viewday tripour honeymoonoutdoor showerbedroom villacall to prayergarden viewprivate poolopen airromantic dinnergili airevery evening
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We went to Quincy for 14 days. Our large group included my parents (70+) my brother and wife and their baby as well as our baby and toddler. There is not much to fault and we all thought Qunci was outstanding. The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff was exceptional. I was up to a good start as I forgot one bag at the airport - their organised its return, which took about 45 minutes, several phone calls and a lot of waiting - thank you again for the great effort! The grounds are well looked after and beautiful. Some people complain about the chanting, I believe if you travel to a muslim country you should expect it. I also found it at times quiet interesting. We didn't see it as a problem (the baby caused a lot more sleeplessness). Breakfast was tasty and it was no trouble to order a couple if you felt like it ... The three restaurants are all good, even though I would not call them exceptional. We actually found the lunch menu a little more inspiring than the dinner menus and thought that there could be maybe some more local variety on the dinner menu as well (but I assume a lot of people are conservative in their eating style). Spicy didn't really mean spicy but I could have proabbly ask for more chili...

Again, when help was needed the staff was there for us. For all concerned mothers, the hospital 25 min away is very clean and good as we experienced... The feel of the whole resort is beautiful and relaxing. Nothing to complain about our room, spacious, little bar fridge, nice verandah. Our villas (71,73) were quiet open with a bit of foot traffic, which didn't worry me, but could bother others who want more privacy. Not many people did it, but if you like snorkelling I can highly recommend to give it a go there. It might not be the Great Barrier Reef or one of the Islands nearby, but we saw a couple of turtles and a lot of colourful fish, probably best to go in the southern direction but it is worthwhile anywhere. Nice exercise after breakfast! There is also a little restaurant behind the Quncy bar that we visited a few times for lunch, we all stayed healthy and enjoyed the local food. They showed us the fish and they looked beautiful and fresh.

Happy hour with view of the volcano was always a nice event, sunset, G&T - magnificent. Overall, a beautiful resort, great service and wonderful people. A couple of things could be different (maybe a chance to open a window and have flyscreens for night time so one doesn't have to blow the aircon, a little more information on tours and trips but I also didn't investigate a lot). That is pretty much it. It is not a resort for kids, but it is kid friendly and it really is - the staff was so great with all three of them and we just told our toddler to keep it down when he got too excited. But there were no complaints and I think people were too relaxed anyhow to worry about the occasional noise. Enough now, as I also don't want that Quncy becomes too popular so we can get a room next time for a similar price! I heard just recently they won the Best Resort in Indonesia and I can understand why. It was not just the luxury, it was probably more so the casual, friendly and familiar feeling we experienced for 14 days which makes this resort exceptional. It just works. Thank you again to all the staff from Mr Philipp!

Room Tip: I believe partial ocean view is sufficient and we liked were we were. It is always good to be away from the road as there is more noise...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank PhilippPerth
Scott052, Owner at Qunci Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear PhilippPerth,

*Would live to live here * …. well with the new direct flights from your home town to Perth, at least you can come visit often! :-)

Thanks Mr. Philipps from all the staff !! and see you your next trip.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Great little learners wave right out front and a nice left hander a short walk and a decent paddle up the beach. Rooms are big and comfortable, with a turn down service each night and mosquito treatment. We are staying in a partial ocean view room, with it's own balcony, free wifi but no tv so stock up on ibooks and movies if you need the distraction. Food is great, including a decent breakfast selection, which can be served in your room if you wish. Good location, we've hired a scooter to run around on, a trip into town takes around 5 minutes. 3 infinity pools and heaps of sun lounges means we haven't had to fight anyone for a seat.
Now back to relaxing

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Holly_Pip

Dear Holly_Pip,

Glad you enjoyed your time with us, and yes, be sure to bring your surfboard next time! We dont always have decent waves in front of Qunci, but there are always good waves around Lombok.

Happy Travels and Surfing

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Qunci villas is an amazing slice of paradise. The ambiance is fantastic, so great in fact that we decided to forgo our activities and camp out at the resort - which I never do.
The layout of the hotel is amazing and takes every advantage of their wonderful beachfront location. The staff is impeccably trained. The well thought out ambiance can just not be beat!
A few minor caveats dropped it one star: food inconsistency, room inconsistency and the most insane laundry bill ever. However, this is one of my favorite hotels I have ever been to- so highly recommended - just don't use the hotel laundry service!

Pools: three infinity pools and more than enough chairs for everyone and a great staff to bring you drinks and food by the pool.

Rooms: top floor ocean view room is what you want: top floor for privacy and ocean view for the view :) room 55 was perfection for us. We also got a chance to stay in a one bedroom pool villa and didn't love it. The bathroom was not quite outdoors and the rooms are close to the road which spoils the ambiance a bit, but probably worth while if you are honeymooning for the privacy of your own yard and pool. However, we loved the outdoor shower and great view from room 55.

Restaurants:
Great ambiance and depending on what you order, great food. Sometimes food was inconsistent. A soggy bahn mi, an indelibly salty miso soup- but absolutely amazing breakfast and the best green curry I have ever had. Made from scratch ginger tea! Generally everything is great, but you might get an occasional dud.

Spa:
Clean, super upscale experience and trained wonderful staff. Lemongrass drinks and cool towels during check in- tea after, amazing massages here! And again, super ambiance.

The only major disappointment was our laundry bill. I allow for the idea that the hotel should charge more, but our bill was totally crazy- 85$ US for what amounted to maybe two small loads of laundry mostly consisting of small items- socks, underwear, tank tops etc. We had laundry done in bali at our nice hotel for 1/4 the price. The average salary on lombok is like 10-15$ a day and there are local options at a fraction of the cost (which we learned later). ... To charge 85$ for laundry is simply put- unacceptable. So just beware.

Overall:
A most amazing hotel where you will love your stay and see some of the most beautiful sunsets of your life. Just don't do your laundry here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear littlebunny76,

Thanks for the comment: *this is one of my favorite hotels I have ever been to- so highly recommended *

And I am glad that you had such a good time with us and we hope to see you back with us again in Lombok soon.

As for your few comments on our service.

First, and the most important for your, your laundry bill.

You comment : *just don't use the hotel laundry service! * is probably true for all hotels. When I travel anywhere in the world, I try not to use either the laundry service nor mini-bars because of the cost. No use going into why hotels are so much more expensive, but they are. So I try just not to use them. There is a local laundry service across the road from Qunci for those who need laundry service but prefer to find a cheaper alternative than what we offer.

But, with regard to our service to you: First, Qunci Villas prices for laundry are consistent with prices at other hotels in Lombok, if not less. In fact, Qunci has not raised its laundry prices for 5 years notwithstanding inflation.

Second, you did give us 2 full bags of laundry with 80+ items inside (for an average cost of Euro 0.75/piece......expensive relative to a laundry mat, but less than you typically pay at hotels)

As for the food, your comment : *Generally everything is great, but you might get an occasional dud. * is not acceptable to me. No one should get a dud meal. I'll look into your specific order and have Frederic, our head chef, look into why you got a couple of *dud * dishes. We want all of our dishes to be fantastic.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you back in Lombok – when I'll be sure to have my staff point out to you the laundry service across the road from the hotel.

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Loved the deck area around the infinity pools and not being hassled by too many hawkers but found the food incredibly disappointing.

I paid for a romantic dinner and the food was terrible which made the entire experience an overpriced waste of time. One of the appetizers was an insipid, uninspiring chewy chicken meat ball in broth. The only good thing about the dish was the broth.
I'm not really sure what my entree was supposed to be but the beef was like chewing old boot leather. I had to send my steak back as it was blue instead of medium. When it was returned, my veggies were cold and my fiancé had finished his meal. In all, the romantic dinner was a colossal waste of money.

Whist the room was spacious, having a thatched roof meant an unexpected and unwelcome wake up call at 4.15 every morning. The two mosques nearby commence the call to prayer at this time. A great way to ruin a holiday. Request a room on the ground floor.

The staff at breakfast were very attentive but that's where the attentiveness ended. Getting service for lunch or dinner was pretty tough.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Janine J

Dear Janine J,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.

And sorry about your Romantic Dinner.

I was very concerned after reading your review because, since we starting serving these special dinners in our private Bales/Gazebos on the ocean front in 2009, we've never had a bad complaint. Not one. I went back through as many TA reviews here as humanely possible since we started this service 4 years ago and out of the 500+ reviews we have, we've never had a bad comment on this very special dinner.

So yes, I was concerned about this as Qunci's reputation is all about the romantic environment that we create for our guests and I dont want even one bad experience.

What I found out was that the *Truffle Flavored Chicken Ballotine, in a Lemongrass Broth * that you had may, indeed, have not used the best chicken available. I have reiterated to my staff that if the quality of meat from our suppliers is below par, take the item off the menu! Sorry about that, and Frederic is taking steps in the kitchen to make sure that this doesnt happen again – for romantic dinners, or any other meal for that matter. Our chicken must be the best!

As for the beef dish you ordered, the standard is to replace the whole plate in the case of any
problem, so that everything is hot at the same time. We did this for you. The cold vegetables you mentioned were not served with the beef but with the lobster that your husband ordered so that's why we didn't replace them. If, however, you had asked, we would have brought fresh hot vegetables for you as a courtesy.

But finally, it also seems, after checking on your dinner service with your waiter, Apip, who was assigned to exclusively take care of you that night, that you also left the dinner for some time to return to your room leaving your husband at the bale to eat alone. That made serving your dinner a bit more complicated as your husband wasnt sure when you'd be back and he continued to have his dinner by himself.

Whatever the reason though, we want all our romantic dinners to be special moments for our guests. Qunci is known for many things, but in particular for romantic moments at our hotel. If a guest has a particular issue – if you wanted us to bring your dishes to the room for you to have them there! - we would have done so. Just ask! And if any guest still has a problem, please ask to speak to Frederic (the Chef) or Azhari (the Restaurant manager) and they will see to it that we provide the best food and service possible.

I am hoping that we achieve AT LEAST another 500+ more reviews before we get another negative review here on TA about a service that we take particular pride in. Again, I apologize for your poor experience.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

You really can't find a better place to relax. The service was wonderful, the location was romantic and the overall feel of the place was peaceful. Alas, we only stayed one night. But we enjoyed breakfast overlooking the beach, a lovely lunch and a very romantic dinner as well as some time by the infinity pool. Long walks on the beach are also highly recommended. If you are anywhere near Singgigi, stay at this lovely hotel!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HH_MrsBob
Scott052, Owner at Qunci Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear HH_MrsBob,

You hit it on the nose! : *can't find a better place to relax * Thanks.

Hope to see you back in Lombok again soon, for next time for a bit longer!

Happy Travels....