“Quinci Villas - A Class Act”
Review of Qunci Villas Hotel

Qunci Villas Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mangsit
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

10 of us from Singapore descended from Mt Rinjani after a 3D2N trek to this excellent resort from 1-3 June.

Truly memorable and service quality possibly the best there is with excellent rooms and amenities.

Will definitely come back and must congratulate the team who put it together and the management and staff who has continued to maintain their excellent repute!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Scott_Lombok, Owner at Qunci Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Harry L,

*service quality possibly the best there is * ...thanks.

And I know how how important it is to get the good care for the tired body after a Rinjani climb.

We look forward to seeing you with us again in the near future.

Happy Travels!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,617)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have recently returned from a wonderful 9 day stay at Qunci Villas. If you just want to chill then this is the place for you. The beautifully manicured grounds, great rooms, attentive and polite staff, terrific restaurants and three infinity pools right on the beach all add up to a memorable relaxing vacation.

Even the local beach hawkers are a friendly bunch to strike up a conversation with.

I will be back in Lombok for a brief visit in July and hope to return to Qunci Villas for another spot of lunch at Quah.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott_Lombok, Owner at Qunci Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Eric B,

Thank you for such a positive review and we look forward to seeing you again in July.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I have travelled the globe and without doubt Quinci stands out as one of the finest places to stay in the world. The villas are exquisite with original art work everywhere. At night the property turns into a fairy land with beautiful lighting all through the grounds. The restaurants serve authentic tasteful menus. Best of all is the staff that are as friendly and courteous as you would hope for in your dreams.

Room Tip: Loved the villa with its own private pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Val R,

*My wife and I have travelled the globe and without doubt Quinci stands out as one of the finest places to stay in the world. *

Wow! Thanks!!

We hope to see you out here on this side of the globe again soon.

A FlipKey verified reviewer
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Room Tip: The villa was amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the garden room on the ground floor after finishing my trek from Rinjani. The room was spacious and quiet and the facilities were wonderful. With ocean view swimming pools, I really had nothing to complain about. I used various treatments at the spa everyday I was there (3 nights) and they were great.

The staff overall were very polite and helpful. I didn't leave the resort because there was no need to. Everything was very comfortable.

The only 2 drawbacks were:

1. The Thai and local food were great. The Western food was not so great. I think they should check their recipes. The food was not refined and very salty. I ordered the pasta primavera and was disappointed. I never ate at that restaurant again. The carpaccio sauce was so heavy and salty. They need to tone it down.

Breakfast was quite extensive and it's great they deliver it to your room. Some choices were better than the rest. Today I tried the Aussie one and the beef bacon was dry and tasted like cardboard. The best is the farmers breakfast. Maybe they should review their choices.

The milk was really awful. For this type of resort they should serve fresh milk. It changed the taste of the tea I was having.

2. The outdoor toilet smelt like raw sewer. They should check it out and find out the source of it. I was in room 14.

Also the upstairs room patrons were moving around like elephants. Their footsteps were so loud so I guess it is not very sound proof.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear PalateSensations,

Thank you for your review on Qunci Villas and in particular that you enjoyed the spa. A VERY good spa treatment is really required after a Rinjani hike - and I am speaking from personal experience! smile

As to your 2 suggestions:

The Food : I am not sure what is up here. There have been a couple of complaints here on TA over the past week or so that need remedied asap. My French Chef, Frederic, has been on holidays for 2 weeks and is back this weekend; I am overseas and am back this weekend as well. We will both get on this asap. We pride ourselves on our food and atmosphere and want to maintain high standards. Sorry.

As for the sewage smell, this is also unacceptable. But having a resort right on the beach, there will be times because of water levels that things can get "backed up" (we have an environmentally sound system for dealing with sewage but sea levels have an impact). A review of our neighboring hotel next door, or the other fine hotel just to the north of us on Klui beach, will show you the similar comments from other reviewers here on TA. Unfortunately, this will happen (rarely) with resorts on the beach.

That being said, 2 things. First, I will get on my HK staff to regularly check this and report it to engineering if there is an issue. It is really easy to remedy and takes just a few minutes.

But also, if you or any guest have a complaint, please be sure to talk to our Front Desk who will get this fixed asap as well.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My partner and I recently spent a week at Qunci Villas and it was nothing short of bliss. From the moment we got off the plane and were met by our friendly and welcoming Qunci driver to the moment he took us back to the airport a week later, our experience couldn't have been better.

The staff are fantastic - unfailingly friendly, attentive and helpful - and happy to arrange whatever your heart desires, from day trips to waterfalls, to boat hire, dinner reservations at your preferred table, and chilled champagne glasses that arrive at your door barely a minute after you've put the phone down from requesting them.

The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful, and the architecture fits perfectly with the Lombok surrounds. The interior design is also excellent, and you can tell that every little details - from the gardens, to the art work, coffee cups and shampoo bottles - has been careful chosen to create the Qunci experience.

The three restaurants - each with its own cuisine and menu - are each truly excellent and massive kudos must go to the chefs. Also worth experiencing the different nights that the hotel puts on (Indonesian Barbeque, Night Market, Sasak Culture) as the food is excellent and it gives you a real flavour for the island, its culture and its cuisine. The cocktails - particularly those that use sugarcane juice - are to die for, especially when enjoyed on the beach deck watching the sunset over Bali! The only thing that could be improved upon is the somewhat limited wine list (particularly if you prefer old word wines to Australian), but it is a small price to pay for a stay in paradise!

The spa is also excellent - we sampled it via one of their wonderfully relaxing traditional Lombok massages - the masseuses were very skilled, the treatment rooms are lovely and create the perfect atmosphere, and the pre- and post-treatment drinks are a really nice touch.

Our room was nothing short of heaven. We stayed in one of the one bedroom rooms with a private infinity pool and it was absolutely stunning. Beautifully decorated (with a fabulous piece of art work), the shower exposed to the elements is wonderful, and being able to relax by your own pool in the privacy of your own walled garden is a real treat. That being said, the three main pools are also stunning and not too overcrowded - the adults only pool (strategically located next to the bar) is also a real winner.

The hotel is a very calm, relaxing and tranquil place. It is best suited to the more discerning guest. couples looking for a romantic getaway or small, well-trained families will love it here - but definitely not for groups of friends looking for some raucous and boozy fun in the sun.

Overall it is an absolutely wonderful place to stay that we can't say enough good things about - and can't wait to get back to next year!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Gabherron13,

*nothing short of bliss * ...Thanks!!..and we do hope to see you back with us again next year.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We have booked 8 nights in Qunci and today will be our last day in Lombok sadly. This is my first time writing a review for any hotel. I am just so impressed with Qunci and it's exceptional service that I feel compeled to write this review. Our check-in was smooth and while filling up the details, we were given a refreshing welcome drink and warm towel. We were given a very nice room with partial ocean view which is centrally located. Room is tastefully decorated and spacious enough and a really awesome outdoor shower! We are very impressed with the entire setting and atmosphere of the hotel. Lots of greenery and plants, gardens are immaculately well maintained. The 3 infinity pools have breathtaking views over the Ocean. On our third day we went on an excursion and so at breakfast I asked the restaurant staff if we could have a pancake take-away for our daughter as a little snack during our excursion. He came back with the complimentary pancake packed nicely in a bamboo box. Wow! Again we were very impressed! We found all the staffs at Qunci very warm and friendly. On some afternoons at the poolside, we were also served complimentary fruits on a skewer. Free iced water served anytime of the day here is a very nice touch. We dined at the Quali restaurant one evening on their Pasar Malam themed buffet dinner and had reserved a beachfront table. It was very romantic especially with the spotlights on the beach. However we did not enjoy the dinner. My husband hardly ate. I must say for a buffet themed dinner, the buffet spread was very limited and the quality of the food was poor. As we did not enjoy the dessert, es campur and a local cake, I asked the waiter if we could have a fresh fruit platter instead. He kindly obliged and came back with a complimentary fruit platter! That kind of saved the evening. We are also surprised that our daughter get to eat for free as other hotels would have certainly charge half price for child buffet. Ayu from Quali is especially friendly to us and tried to make a conversation. I must also mentioned Diana and Rini from the Qamboja Spa for their friendliness and professionalism. The Balinese massage, facial and pedicure was exceptional! I had a most relaxing and rejuvenating spa experience at Qamboja. There are however 2 minor issues which we think can be improved. I had ordered a fresh coconut at the poolside and I was very disappointed it wasn't chilled at all. A warm coconut on a hot day is a no go! I have always had chilled fresh coconut at all other 5 stars resorts or hotels of similiar standard. Another area where you could improve on is the quality of food in your restaurants. On our first evening we had dined in Quali and ordered a Bebek Betutu, grilled mahi-Mai fish and a stir fried mixed vegetables. The portions were small and it wasn't very authentic. We were not impressed at all unfortunately. We had eaten much tastier Indonesian food in Bali. Also for a 5 star hotel like Qunci, a little more attention should be focused on the presentation of the dishes. We would have appreciated it if the dishes came accompanied with some sort of fruit/vegetables carving After 2 disappointed dinners at Qunci we decided to eat out of the restaurants for the rest of our stay which is a shame! We would have loved to dine in your restaurants more often because we love the beachfront setting of your restaurants. We like your a la carte breakfast but again, there is a lack of presentation. All in all we have enjoyed our stay at Qunci and we will certainly come back again in future and we will also be recommending your hotel to all our friends. Thank you Qunci and all your friendly and hard working staffs for making our stay truly memorable!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Eliz_cheah,

Thank you for your detailed, wonderful review of Qunci villas.

And as for your only complaint, regarding the food, I will check with my Chef (who is just returning from his 2 week summer holiday) to see what happened. We want everyone of your experiences at Qunci to be fabulous!

Happy Travels....

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mangsit
Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa
Holiday Resort Lombok
Holiday Resort Lombok
#7 of 7 in Mangsit
Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort

Been to Qunci Villas Hotel? Share your experiences!