“Wow, what a beautiful paradise setting”

Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Mangsit
Australia
“Wow, what a beautiful paradise setting”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

From the minute we arrived at Puri Mas we couldn't get over the beauty of the island and the very friendly staff. The villa that we stayed in was kept spotless. We feel that we have made friends with the staff and the sellers on the beach. The gardens are fantastic and the view of the volcano stunning. Thanks to all the dedicated staff in every area for making our holiday so memorable.

Room Tip: The romantic villas are a lovely way to have total privacy and alone time with your partner.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Albany, Australia
Reviewed 18 April 2012

This is not the most expensive hotel I have stayed in by a long way. What it is by a long way is the best.
5 star everything at an affordable price. Rooms are beautiful, food and drink are outstanding and given the boutique size you get the personal touch from the staff who can't do enough to help.
On our last day we were leaving late, no problem for Puri Mas, our room was booked so they put us in one of their best rooms till it was time to go to the airport.
I cannot say enough good things about Puri Mas. Marcel the owner and Sarah the manager are to be congratulated on an outstanding boutique hotel. We'll be back for sure

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Mark_Albany_Aust
Reviewed 12 April 2012 via mobile

My first thought Wow, could not believe that this is where I would spend the next 7 nights, Paradise. Everything about Puri Mas is first class. From the moment I arrived in Lombok at the airport and we were greeted by our driver and taken to the resort, there is a quiteness about Lombok which Bali doesn't have. The resort is amazing the staff amazing and friendly and the owner Marcel very generous. We were fortunate to be there when Puri Mas celebrated there 25th anniversary and had a party, what a night it was fantastic. The thing I liked most about this resort is you can do what you like, whether it is a full day at the Spa and enjoy a massage or two, or go snorkelling around the Gili islands,or go shopping for the day, or hang out around the pool. I would highly recommend Puri Mas.

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Robyn D
Dundee
Reviewed 11 April 2012

First thoughts, the resort is in a most beautiful situation with stunning views over to the volcano on Bali. The grounds of the hotel are like a garden, well they actually are a garden. Each morning there are flowers on the table outside our apartment, and the flowers come from the garden. The amenities are perfect, the main swimming pool looks out across the sea to the volcano and the water, to someone from Scotland, is incredibly warm. And, of course, the sea, just across from a small tidy beach, is also delightfully warm. You can canoe or snorkel or ask the hotel to arrange diving for you.

Almost everything about Puri Mas is great but the star awards must go to owner, Marcel, manager, Sara and the whole of the Puri Mas staff. Now it is my experience that people in Indonesia are generally happy and friendly but here at PM they really excel. A number of the staff speak really
good English and are always happy to talk about themselves and the island of Lombok.

Over the years I have, through my work, stayed in many hotels which were far more expensive than Puri Mas but I have never stayed anywhere which was quite as good as this. As I look out over the sea to Bali I am already staring to think how much I will miss PM when I return to Jakarta tomorrow and Scotland in a few days time. I have always thought that Scotland was the most beautiful country in the world, and I still do, but Indonesia and especially Mangsit beach and Puri Mas on Lombok, runs it a very close second. I hope I get the chance to return.

Room Tip: Hard to say. They all seemed excellent. We stayed in a bottom of the range room and in a suite. B...
1 Thank JayPCA
LovelyLombok, General Manager at Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear JayPCA. Wow what a smashing review you have given us all. We are really happy you enjoyed your time with us, and hope as you said that you will return to Puri Mas. Thank you so much for all your kind words. Sara and all the Puri Mas gang!!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2012

If you like somewhere small and quiet with some traditional Indonesian feel, but with the comforts of a 5-star resort - this is it. The staff were very pleasant and accomodating. You get great value for money considering the location and the high standards of service. The owner is a lovely Dutch gentleman by the name of Marcel who visits daily, and has filled each villa and room on the beach resort lovingly with very unique, tasteful and interesting furniture and paintings. The infinity pool is wonderful, and the restaurant serves good quality food, as well as offering a very decent selection of wines (very rare find, as the usual wines available on the island are quite awful, to be honest). We had an ocean view king/queen size room, which we found to be very spacious and luxurious. If you have the extra cash to splash, they have stunning villas, and each one is different, if you are looking for an even bigger wow factor. The beach is very narrow as you are literally on the sea here, but what a beautiful location this is and calm enough for less confident swimmers. I hope more people come to Lombok, as it's as beautiful, and much less touristy than Bali.

Room Tip: It's a small resort, so all of the rooms and villas have a convenient location. Having the ocean...
1 Thank bengalitraveller
Dear Bengalitraveller. You have given a great review not only of our resort but also with your tremendous support for Lombok which we believe is well deserving and thank you for helping to spread the good word for us. We hope with reviews like this Lombok will also reap the benefits and rewards in the future. Thank you and we hope to see you back again with us.

Sara and all in Puri Mas.
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We arrived after a week in Bali on Lambok. To find this very divergent island. less commercial the hotel has from beatifull palm covered cabins to stunning villas all on a great beach. The food is out standing, very friendly stall. Love this place.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank pinotn
Hello Pinotn

Thank you for taking the time to make a review that will help to spread the good words about Lombok and our Resort. Our kitchen will be very happy you enjoyed their food and your kind words will be past on to them all.

Warm wishes from us all.

Sara
Singapore
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Just returned from my 5D4N trip, no regrets choosing Puri Mas! And I'll definitely stay in Puri Mas again.

Location - This is located on Mangsit beach, there are no restaurants directly outside the resort, but it's only 5 mins drive from Senggigi, taxi fare should cost 10.000RP.

Staff - All the staff made me feel so welcomed on the estate, every staff greets us with a sincere smile. On our last night, the receptionist enquired about our return flight (which was at 7.20pm) and informed us that we can do a late checkout without additional charges. This was a really nice gesture and we really appreciated it.

Room - We stayed at the cosy Room 8, it was nice and clean. TV isn't available in all rooms, we requested for one and it was there when we arrived. Blanket was way too thin, strangely, it wasn't standard hotel blankets.
On our last day, we were transferred to Room 11 as there were new bookings for Room 8, it was a much smaller room just opposite the reception, very old and dark, no walking space at all. I don't have complains with the transfer as it was a goodwill from the hotel to offer us late checkout, but the quality of room 11 was defintely lacking. Please avoid Room 11.

Breakfast - average breakfast, but waffles and mie goreng is good! maybe adding ham to the list would be good?

Pool - I LOVE the infinity pool. You will have a nice seaview while lazing on the tanning chairs. It's a pity I went during the wet season, it was cloudy so we didn't manage to see any sunset. But on good days, I strongly believe the sunset view will be captivating!

Food - Try the ayam taliwang, absolutely delicious!

Massage - We had a free 1 hr traditional massage, skills of my masseuse not great. One thing I felt odd was having a male masseur in the couple room, he was doing the massage for my husband, I've never had another male in the room besides my husband, usually masseurs are all females in bali or thailand, but i have to highlight that my private areas were covered by a sarong, so i wasn't exposed. I just feel more comfortable if both masseurs were female.

Note: The spa resort is at another location, the resort will take you there in their car for free, probably 5 mins away, it is also an idyliic place with lots of animals around, staff are friendly too, great pool over there too!

Likes - The infinity pool, proximity to the beach, smiles from all the staff. We certainly liked the "No Children under 12" policy!

Dislikes - The shower in Room 8, water pressure was weak, took a long time to have my hair washed. As I went during the wet season, it was rather cold bathing in the open concept bathroom. Also dislike the thin blanket, it feel like a thin bedsheet.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 11. Request for a room that is away from the main road.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rubypumps
Dear Rubypumps

Thank you for your very informative and helpful review.

I have taken special note of your comments, especially about the blankets which are traditional ikat made here in Lombok. For the future I have asked our Housekeeping Staff to ensure they check with our guests whether they require an extra blanket.

Late Check Out:
We have made it a hotel policy not to charge for a late check out as long as our guests are willing to change rooms on their last day if they are not able to stay in their room, and we hope we can keep this policy running for some time in the future. We want our guests to enjoy their time right up until the last minute and we are happy you appreciate this gesture.

Just a note about Ham: Puri Mas does not have Ham on the menu, but we do offer beef bacon which is a great alternative which most guests do enjoy.

Thank you again for your really great comments and we hope to see you back with us again.

Sara and all the staff in Puri Mas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mangsit
Qunci Villas Hotel
#1 of 3 in Tanjung
Katamaran Resort
Katamaran Resort
#5 of 7 in Mangsit

Been to Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!