As other reviewers have mentioned, Puri Mas has two locations: the resort and the spa. You can stay at either one. We chose to stay at the resort, as it was on the ocean. Take note, however, that there is not a sandy stretch of beach between the hotel and the water. It is literally ON the water, and when we were there, the waves were fairly rough, so we enjoyed the pool (a very nice infinity pool that looks out onto the ocean). We requested one of the least expensive “garden view” rooms and were given bungalow #11. While we were initially enchanted by the little porch, the bed with the beautiful netting draped around it and the outdoor shower, an hour in our room proved the location of our bungalow by the road to be incredibly noisy. (You wouldn't think this area would have a lot of traffic, but it does!) We requested to be moved, and were shown an alternative room at the same price point, which was decidedly less spectacular than our bungalow (it was a standard room on the second floor above the check-in desk, not a bungalow like the rest of the accommodations). We then saw a room that was one price point above ours, and although the hotel originally tried to charge us extra for moving “up”, we countered that they billed themselves as a peaceful and relaxing luxury resort, and they were not delivering on their promise. With a little attitude, the staff person approved our move at no additional cost. We spent the night in bungalow #5, very similar to our initial room, although MUCH quieter. The restaurant served solidly good/ more-than-good food. However, the breakfast buffet left a lot to be desired. The landscaping around the rooms was enchanting—with flowering plants, quirky statues and winding stone paths. Overall, a very good experience if you can avoid the cheaper room by the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seeking a small Boutique Beach Resort without the hip and Ra Ra of a modern complex then Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa is the perfect location. Situated directly on the beach of Mangsit Bay just 5 minutes from Senggigi, this 40 room gem offers guests the ultimate respite from the outside world. The range of room categories means there is something for everyone, whether it’s a cute ‘n cosy budget room or a luxury Romantic Villa with 25m2 pool. No two rooms are identical, following our concept of Indonesian Tradition, Luxury & style”. Attention to detail is depicted in our rooms, facilities and gardens, but especially our Service. As we are a small intimate resort, we are able to offer guests the familiar, personal attention sometimes difficult to find these days. To keep connected we offer Free Wi Fi throughout the resort. Beach side buffet breakfast is included in all room rates. Facilities: Conde Nast recommended Luxury Garden Spa, Open Air Beachfront Restaurant, Beachfront Infinity Pool, Gili PADI Diving/snorkelling/island tours. Note to parents: Puri Mas has a NO CHILDREN UNDER 12 YEARS POLICY. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Mas Boutique Resort And Spa
- Puri Mas Boutique Hotel Mangsit
- Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa Lombok/Mangsit