I spent 4 fantastic days here. It is by far the best experience I have had in South East Asia. The grounds and buildings are exquisite. Marcel's attention to detail and style is evident at every turn. Nothing has been forgotten in creating this lovely Shangri-La! The restaurant & hotel staff were amazing and tried to anticipate our every need. The food was excellent, fresh and well presented. We loved the breakfast selections and they were a wonderful change from the usual buffet breakfasts you normally get in SEA.
We enjoyed the Rijsttafel Dinner, it was delicious and a generous amount of food. The revitalising pool was a delight and we used both the sea side and spa swimming pools. We had lunch at both pools & felt the service and selection fantastic. We used the spa twice and have mixed reviews. The facilities are top notch, we felt the some of the team members to be new & inexperienced. I suspect there were a few new employees just being trained. This was not a put off just an observation.
My only disappointment was with the quality of the front desk staff. On our 1st day I asked the front office staff to please see if we could have a private dance lesson. Our daughter is getting married and we wanted to have a lesson before the wedding. I spoke to 2 gals and they said they would check & get back to me. We never heard back & were there 4 days. My observation is some of the office staff didn't seem to grasp English well as we had a few issues with communication. When we asked to go to Quai for lunch, she didn't seem to know what/where it was. In fact, it was in the resort next door & rated #2 place to eat in Lombok!! Another time we asked for a taxi to go to the art market at 3:00. We were told it closed at 5pm. Some businesses closed there at 5pm on Saturday but many were still open at 7pm.
We were most impressed with the adults only atmosphere. If you need to get away from a 24/7 job and relax in peace or want a romantic quiet get away this is "THE" place. It is the most calm, zen, relaxing resort that we have had the pleasure to enjoy.
The love & care that Marcel & Sara have poured into this Oasis shows brilliantly. I will be back and I'm bringing my friends with me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seeking a small Boutique Beach Resort without the hip and Ra Ra of a modern complex then Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa is the perfect location. Situated directly on the beach of Mangsit Bay just 5 minutes from Senggigi, this 40 room gem offers guests the ultimate respite from the outside world. The range of room categories means there is something for everyone, whether it’s a cute ‘n cosy budget room or a luxury Romantic Villa with 25m2 pool. No two rooms are identical, following our concept of Indonesian Tradition, Luxury & style”. Attention to detail is depicted in our rooms, facilities and gardens, but especially our Service. As we are a small intimate resort, we are able to offer guests the familiar, personal attention sometimes difficult to find these days. To keep connected we offer Free Wi Fi throughout the resort. Beach side buffet breakfast is included in all room rates. Facilities: Conde Nast recommended Luxury Garden Spa, Open Air Beachfront Restaurant, Beachfront Infinity Pool, Gili PADI Diving/snorkelling/island tours. Note to parents: Puri Mas has a NO CHILDREN UNDER 12 YEARS POLICY. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Mas Boutique Resort And Spa
- Puri Mas Boutique Hotel Mangsit
- Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa Lombok/Mangsit