“Perfect Escape!”
Review of Nagsasa Cove

Nagsasa Cove
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I say escape because this is a place you will forget all about technology! Social Media! No wifi, no electricity, no bed. Just the quiet beautiful long beach, elegant mountains surrounding the beach, moving clouds, waves, bird chirps and the list goes on!

1  Thank kmac1047

NO INTERNET!
NO WIFI
NO TV!
NO ELECTRICITY!

But they have the best thing here...

Stars
Beach
Frogs
Clouds
Sands
Trees

Thank God for the beautiful creations!

4  Thank Jane A
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We left Eastwood at 3am, Monday morning. Our van pilot, Elmer we met him through OLX. The best driver I would say (may malasakit sa rentee). Why? He even joined us in the island which he said he doesn't usually do. He lent us his portable stove, ice chest, tent. He's a pro. Prepared sya because he has his back pack, own food stuff, fishing rod, a very powerful flashlight, hunting knife etc.

The ride took us about 3 hours via NLEX/SCTEX. We bought our food stuff at San Antonio Public Market, bought ice & butane gas at a nearby 7-11 store (pricey if you have to buy there). That day, there's a detour going to Pundaquit passing through a shallow river. We hired Kuya Vic's big boat for 4500 with 3 boatmen. We bought additional ice & he lent us pots, pans, sandok, knife & 2 blue water container for our drinking water (he eventually discounted those). We rented 3 tents good for 4 persons at 250 each. The relaxing boat ride to Nagsasa Cove is about an hour. Unlike other blogs about scary boat ride to Nagsasa, ours was nice because of the very fine weather, no waves at all. We had side trip to Camara Island & Capones Island before we head to Nagsasa Cove.

The overnight stay in the cove was perfect! No cellphone signal so I got to keep my team's full time having this great experience. Talagang nasolo ko sila. No fussy team building activities whatsoever. Just plain staycation away from the stressful call center life. No pollutions, no noisy environment except from the soothing sea breeze, waves that makes me sleepy & a lot of chirping birds on the tree tops. Pine trees gave us shade from the scorching summer heat. I cooked chicken adobo with Manel which was a "blockbuster". Nasimot maybe because we're too hungry. Hahaha! It's really hard to cook rice for a big group! 2pm na kami nakapaglunch! I marinated liempo BBQ for dinner & grilled it before the sun went down. We ate our hearty dinner around 6pm, rested, chat with each other by the shoreline. Maybe we're really tired that's why we slept at 10pm. We missed to set the bonfire. We owned the place the whole time we're there. No one else except us after a couple left the place around 4pm.

We woke up the next day at around 530am ( except for Angge & Che). We had tuyo, salted eggs with tomatoes, hotdogs for our breakfast. Afterwards, we headed to the beach. Had a lot of "photo shoot" near the rock formations and the area where the river & the sea meets. As of this writing, I'm suffering from painful sunburn because I missed to put on sunblock lotion. But I love the tan lines. Even my freckles on my cheeks were highlighted too. Our lunch was also filling. Before I forget, we had Zambales ripe mangoes for our dessert. Sweet!

We prepared to leave Nagsasa. The boat we rented was professional that they kept the promise to fetch us at exactly 2pm. We thanked Tatay Ador (not sure if it's really his name --- his name was engraved in the pots & pans we also borrowed) as we climbed the big boat. Like what Kuya Vic promised, we had another side trip to Anawangin which I found less beautiful than Nagsasa because it's commercialized and it was crowded.

If not because of the flies everywhere because we were near the comfort rooms & the dumping area for empty glass & PET bottles, I would have rated Nagsasa Cove a high 5.

4  Thank Maricel M
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Nagsasa is more secluded since you will have to travel another 20 minutes from Anawangin cove, so that would be around 40 minutes if you would be coming from Pundaquit.

What I loved about Nagsasa cove aside from the fact that lesser people can afford to visit it is that there are more activities in the area. Also, T&Bs are way cleaner but prices of commodities are costlier.

I also enjoyed snorkeling in Nagsasa than in Anawangin and sand is more white in here.

Our Itinerary (Anawangin Cove – Nagsasa Cove)
Day 1 Nagsasa Cove

0800 Swimming
0900 Island hopping

How to get there

By Bus

From Manila, you may board a bus bound to Iba, Zambales, Victory Liner has buses going by this route. Ask the conductor to drop you off at San Antonio, then ride a tricycle to Pundaquit, this will be a very short ride, will take only around 10 minutes. From Pundaquit, the locals will take you to Nagsasa.

By Private Transport

From Manila, go by NLEX to Subic, Zambales, from Subic, exit to Olongapo gate. You will pass by San Marcelino before reaching San Antonio. From San Antonio, I suggest you hire a tricycle to lead you all the way to Pundaquit as it surely won’t be easy finding the beach.

3  Thank AceGemGuevarra